April 19, 2014 | 1795 users online

Lipstick - Jordana - Matte Mystery

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 8:04:00 AM More reviews by peebeejeebee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a very pretty color but not at all flattering for fair skinned girls, i recommend this to women with medium to olive skin. When i first put it on it's very dense but it goes on everywhere you want it to and does not smear everywhere. The only con of this product is that when you press your lips together your lips can't move side to side, you have to add a lot of force to do so, but it's not a really big issue.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am evaluating this product mainly on the texture and feel of the product. The color itself is a slight mismatch for me, but I'll see how it goes. I was worried that the matte formula would feel dry; it is in fact a bit creamy, and not a bone-dry matte. I have tried one of the Wet-n-wild matte lipsticks and that was just too much for me. I prefer the texture of this item. The color itself is just gorgeous--a kind of neutral plum/berry/brown. It tends a bit to the warm side, which is why it might not work the best for me; I do not look good in warm tones; so this is not the "fault" of the color, just that it is not the greatest match. I would call this a medium shade bordering on the deep, so it could look pretty intense if you have lighter skin. I think this would be just amazing on women of color or Latinas. It is very pigmented, with a slight scent that I could do without, but it is not overpowering. Sweet scents always seem sort of "cheap" to me. But I figure, Jordana seems geared towards the teens and a bit beyond; the fact that I'm in my later 40s colors my reviews, as do my personal preference for unscented products. This is really lovely, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by 3412faith

I got this product on sale for 1.25 at my local grocery store. It is a pretty brick kindof color it a combination between red and brown,but more on the brown side. This is a gourgeous color and is a perfect matte. I usually don't go for mattes but I wanted to try this one.I'm glad I did. WARNING it is super drying so apply a lip balm underneath. I just use my eos lip balm and I have perfect flawless lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by lovely520

This is a very flattering berry-brownish-pink lipstick shade from Jordana. It goes very well with my light tan, medium skin tone. Although it's a matte lipstick, it still goes on very smoothly and is creamy. You may want to apply some lip balm underneath to prevent your lips from looking dry and help the lipstick go on even more smoothly. Overall, a very flattering, wearable everyday shade of lipstick and worth more than the price I paid for it ($1.49). I probably wouldn't get this again just because lipsticks last me a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2004 6:36:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This color is the Queen Mother of All Holy Grails for me. I have *never* worn a color that brings out my green eyes more. I grab two of this color every single time I'm in a drugstore that sells it. It is a slightly plummy red with a faint hint of medium/dark pink. Even if this is the only MU product I have on my face, I become a major babe with seriously arresting eyes. Well, at least I feel like one. I very often get multiple double takes from men when I wear this. If you have green eyes, you MUST wear this. It's super matte and drying and smells a little weird, but it's 99 cents, and did I mention the color is perfect? It also lasts a really long time so there's no need for frequent application. (NOTE: this *not* the same color as the Mystery lipstick in the non-matte category. That color is less reddish and more quiet pink, not as striking).