Suave Naturals Sweet Pea & Violet Lotion

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/2/2013 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

A bit runny, but it gets the job done. Like the scent, and I like the pump bottle. And I like the price.

on 6/19/2013 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

The lotion smells nice. But that is about all of the positive things I can say about it. The scent disappears from your skin in about 10 mins so you can't even really enjoy it much.

It's very watery/runny. Almost like a very wet drippy consistancy. It doesn't moisturize or absorb into the skin at all. Lucky it doesn't leave an oily residue either. However after it dries, your skin goes back to feeling the way it did before you applied the lotion. Dry, chapped, parched, whatever work you would use to describe your skin, is how it would feel after this dries.

I definitely would not repurchase this when I am finished with the bottle. I'm sticking with other brands that work better, Jergens, Aveeno, Eucerin.

on 2/16/2013 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I slather it on to get rid of it. It does not absorb well or moisturize at all. I have a few others in my bathroom and have even tested one on each side. It feels watery almost. In any case, its cheap but better off adding a few dollars and getting Aveeno, Jergens, bb&w or one of my new favs c.boots honey and almond body butter. Literally cant wait to finish this product. An extra lippie only because it smells nice and like convenience of pump bottles with lotion.

on 1/18/2012 12:59:00 AM

The scent is very sweet and floral but it disappears within 15 minutes. I find that it doesn't have very good moisturizing properties as I have to reapply quite often and my hands start feeling quite papery and dry. I wouldn't recommend or repurchase.

I'm still kinda on the fence about this product. I loved the scent. It is a light floral but it isn't too heavy. It is also pretty thin, not oily or greasy though the formula seemed watery at first. My skin absorbed it pretty quickly without leaving an oily residue film on the top layer of my skin.
However, I do question its moisturizing qualities. My skin still seems to need lotion everyday rather than every other day. The lotion also seems to absorb a little too quickly. Within 15-20 minutes, the scent was completely gone (even though the packaging claims "long lasting") and my skin was just slightly softened. I have the need to reapply often and the "bang for your buck" theory goes quickly down the drain.

For a quick, softening lotion, this is great. But for winter days when you need a skin-quenching lotion, I don't think this would be the best choice.

on 7/28/2011 12:11:00 AM

I recently bought this lotion and I'm impressed!! It smells so great I I wish it were just a bit thicker other than that it's great and leaves my skin very smooth and smelling great.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love this product. It smells amazing and really moisturizes my skin. I love that it comes in a pump bottle and it just as good as the bath & body works version. I wish it were a little thicker but other than that, this is a great lotion.

on 2/28/2008 6:17:00 AM

i loved this! it left my hands super soft and it smelled great. it says this on the bottle "Same great moisturization as more expensive brands" this is very true! i am going to buy more of this in different scents.

on 11/25/2007 10:47:00 AM

Found this at a Dollar Tree store. For a buck, it's good enough. I like the scent and it sticks around for a long time. The lotion is a little thin but not greasy or sticky. I find it absorbs quickly.

on 2/8/2007 12:21:00 AM

Very watery/thin. Good for summer when you don't need such heavy lotions. The sweet pea smell is kinda naseating though.