July 31, 2014 | 1451 users online

Skincare - Body - Bio Oil - All Products

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by adavi0140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Now, I did try a generic version, but the ingredients are the same regardless. The oil itself is nice, absorbs quickly, has a runny texture and doesn't feel heavy. But it doesn't hydrate my skin. AND the smell gives me a horrid headache. It smells strongly of rosemary but is more synthetic and harsh, if that makes sense. I've also just realized this has lavender oil in it, which is terrible for skin, though therapeutic. I only just bought this yesterday but will be throwing it out. I doubt it does anything for stretch marks, but even if it did, it isn't worth the literal headache.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Don110

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought it yesterday from Costco and I applied last night to see how it's gonna work for my acne scars. when I woke up this morning, I found that my face had rushes everywhere and it broke me out on my cheeks and it has no effect on fading my scars. My suggestion is not to apply it on your face because I only put few drops on my cheek and it felt so greasy. Never gonna buy it again!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Yvetteski

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Snake oil would be a more accurate name. This product (Bio Oil) did nothing for my hyper pigmentation. Zero. It didn't irritate my sensitive skin but I have many cheaper options for a basic skill oil. Given the nature of stretchmarks, I don't know why anyone sentient being would expect results from this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Rosieeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loveeeeee this product. I have really dry skin and have tried lot's of things to try and fix it. I also have a few blemish scars that are just annoying and by the end of the day, even with makeup on they are visible. i had just about given up because nothing seemed to be working when a friend gave me this. I was really sceptical because i didn't like the idea of putting oil on my face, but i couldn't have been more wrong. After two days my skin was hydrated and healthy my blemish scars are now gone and as you can guess, i'm very happy!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2014 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Skin69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It does not work for TRUE scars or stretch marks at all! Maybe if you have red or brown marks from acne (but those fade with time anyway). I had a raised hypertrophic scar and it made no difference. I used it consistently for about a year plus twice a day and the only thing that it did was make the around it softer and moisturised. The oil is also highly fragrant containing lavender oil which is NOT recommended for sensitive skin and made my skin a little bit itchy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 6:08:00 AM More reviews by mrstanzieday

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this product to even out the skin tone on my face and reduce acne scarring. I also use it as a body moisturiser and a small drop in my hair. I personally love this product and find it has smoothed my skin. I only use it on my face once or twice a week over night after a deep scrub and anti spot treatment cream so I don't clog my pores. Don't buy in drug stores like Boots unless its 3 for 2. I get mine on Amazon where it's almost half the price for 200ml. I've had mine for over 3 months and only used one fifth of it, a little goes a long way. I also use a squeeze of it in my Soap & Glory body butter when my skin is very dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by sammi979

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have dark stretch marks on my upper inner thighs from growth/weight gain. I read some good reviews for bio-oil, so I bought it & tried it out. I thought it was a bit expensive for the size of the bottle, but hey, if it worked it would be worth it, right? I used it once every day on my stretch marks & nothing changed. After the first use they seemed to looked more of a pink color than purple/grey, so I thought it was working. But after using it for a few weeks every day, the purple/grey color remained. Besides it not working, the dispenser made the oil spill out a lot, so the outside of the bottle was always greasy. The only positive thing I'll say about the oil is that the smell is nice. Does not fade stretch marks, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by kaore93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I wouldn't recommend using this on your face, as it seems too greasy, potentially pore blocking and hard to absorb. I wouldn't use it as a replacement for moisturizer/coconut or almond oil etc, just use it to erase scars (*not* deep/pitted scars) and stretch marks. It works wonders for use on places like arms, legs, chest etc. I had 2 small burn scars, one on my upper chest and one on my thigh (white, damaged skin, 10 years old, about a quarter of the size of a quarter dollar). I tried everything on them - makeup, fake tan, pore eraser etc - but nothing worked. When I first started using Bio Oil, I didn't expect it to do anything. Yet almost immediately I started seeing results. I apply a few drops every other day and rub in well so it absorbs. Already, after using for three months, my scars are starting to drastically fade. Its almost like the oil is eating through the damaged skin, leaving perfect skin in its place; like they were never there at all. One of the scars now has a line of flawless skin through it. I'm guessing that by the end of this year, they will be totally disappeared. An added bonus of this is not only does it work, but you don't need to use much at all to see results, and it even smells nice. I'd completely recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Karnahaw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This oil breaks me out like crazy. Gives me small bumps and pimples all over the body and also places that never was problem areas, like hips and thighs. Can not recommend. I'll go back to almond oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 4:33:00 AM More reviews by siriella

This product works wonders!

I had been underweight all my life until I moved in with my boyfriend and started eating proper food. In less than a half year I gained 25 pounds, and finally reached my ideal weight! Unfortunately, out of nowhere I also got stretch marks all over my thighs and hips. I was devastated, and panicked when I read that there was nothing I could do medically to get rid of them. I've never been a believer in any natural remedies, so I thought all hope was lost. Then I read about some topical skin products, among them bio-oil, that a lot of people swore by, and I decided that the least I could do was to try it out, so I ordered a bottle immediately, the day after I first had discovered stretch marks on my body.

It took almost a week for it to arrive, and in the meantime it felt like my stretch marks got worse and worse by the hour, everything hurt and I got more and more depressed. I tried using olive oil and all sorts of skin creams, but nothing seemed to help. When my bio-oil finally arrived I started using it immediately.

I didn't see any change at first, but my skin stopped hurting and the stretch marks at least didn't get worse. Now I have been using bio-oil for just about a month, and I'm already seeing great results! I'm telling you, this product REALLY works! My stretch marks have faded a lot in color and appearance, and I hope to be stretch mark free (or, well, stretch marks never disappear but they can become hardly visible) by the end of the year. I don't know if my results are so fast because I started treating early, or because I also use a lot of other creams, drink water, and have started to lose weight slowly, but I'm telling you - don't believe the doctors who say there's nothing you can do about stretch marks, there's a lot you can do!