Bio Oil All Products

3.5

Botanicals Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil) Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil) Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil) Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil) Vitamins Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) Oil base Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) Triisononanoin Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate Isopropyl Myristate Glycine Soja Oil Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil BHT Bisabolol Fragrance (Rose) Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone Amyl Cinnamal Benzyl Salicylate Citronellol Coumarin Eugenol Farnesol Geraniol Hydroxycitronellal Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde Limonene Linalool Color (Orange) D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100)

on 3/28/2015 7:31:00 PM

Bio oil really helped fade my scars after surgery and now they are hardly noticeable! Amazing product!

on 3/18/2015 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I am a severely clumsy person. I get scrapes, cuts, burns from all kinds of random accidents more than a 5 year old kid! This is my secret weapon of making it all fade away like it never happened! I currently have an old burn mark on my arm from my curling iron(First time that's happened! Very embarrassing!) and with exfoliating and putting Bio Oil on the scar everyday significantly helps. I faded a burn scar on my leg when I burnt myself with my CHI iron; I had my mirror on my door and would sit down in front of it and do everything while sitting on the ground and I wasn't paying attention and burnt my leg! I said I was clumsy! Left a two inch scar and now you dont see anything! Thanks to this oil. Sometimes I put a couple drops on my arms, chest, and face and it leaves me glowing. It is a greasy oil but that's the least of my concerns as long as this works! This works and beyond. I don't have any stretch marks or babies(yet) so I cant vouch for its abilities on that. I also like cocoa butter& oil but Bio Oil is stronger.In the US, the prices are not at all bad, it's not super cheap but not expensive. But where I live in Switzerland the prices are outrageous! My dermatologist sells it in the clinic and charges 60-70 Swiss Francs. Dont buy it here. In the end, no matter where you buy it from, this is amazing. Be sure to use it consistently and you will see results.

on 3/8/2015 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

***Just for clarity,5 lippies = best price, 1 lippie = bad price

Skin: Oily-combination (My forehead is dry in the morning and then its oily as the day goes on.)

Overview: Helps improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, aging and dehydrated skin.

Packaging: Comes in a bottle that has the typical toner dispenser (a flat plastic thing with a hole in the middle)

Scent: Very floral. If you are sensitive to scents, I would not recommend this.

Texture: A slightly heavier oil on the hand, but it feels light on the skin.

On Skin: Feels light, but can look a bit greasy. For the night time, use around 4-5 drops and warm it in your hands before PATTING it into your skin. For the morning (when you need a little bit more hydration) use two drops, warm it up in your palms, and pat it onto your face. It will look way less greasy with 2 drops. When I wake up in the morning, the dry patches seem to have calmed down, with the exception of one side of my face (The dry patches stick out ALOT because I sleep on that side of my face so I rub it on my pillow, which dries my skin more. This was not caused by the Bio-Oil)

Moisturizing Power: Usually, after foundation, my dry patches still stick out even it I moisturized my face twice (once with a light moisturizer, and one that is slightly heavier and oilier). With the Bio-Oil, I don't have that problem. I apply toner, then two drops of this, and then my Face Shop Tea Tree Lotion and my dry patches do not stick out anymore. It is really good as a makeup base.

Additional: It says it takes around 3 months to see lightened scars and ACTUAL results, so i'll edit this again when the 3 month mark rolls around. But for immediate hydrating and moisturizing results, I am very impressed and will probably continue to use this for a very long time since it is convenient, and the small bottle lasts a VERY long time so it saves you money. ALSO I have not gotten any breakouts because of this which is a relief, because I actually like this product.

Thank you for reading my review!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I used this throughout my pregnancy twice and day from 8 weeks along with coco butter and a number of Elemis oils and clarins. I didn't have any stretch marks until the last few weeks and then nothing could stop them. Products can only do so much. I do now have Dermaroller every 6 weeks over my stretch marks and acne scarring. This is amazing! The lady who does my roller advised me to use bio oil again and coco butter. This is now working amazingly! But only because it is new skin where I am applying it so it works deeper. My advise is if you have stretch marks and want them gone, have a Dermaroller corse and use bio oil. It's pricey but well worth it!

on 2/23/2015 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I hate you, Bio Oil. Why oh why did I fall for your vicious lies? You tricked me. And I think you did it on purpose. I have no proof of this, but the proof is in the pudding.

You got me to faithfully apply you every day without fail. I even put you in my handbag and took you with me like a little trusty buddy. I even kept the faith and refused to believe that you are a no good, useless piece of lying junk that should be thrown in the garbage, despite all the mounting evidence piling up against you. It turns out you were never really my little trusty buddy, were you?
You broke my heart, you lying little thief. But that's ok, because even though you took my money and wasted my time, I still have what's left of my dignity. Oh yeah, and the annoying scar you never got rid of. The least you could've done was lightened it, even just a little. Shame on you.

on 2/23/2015 4:59:00 PM

I was recommended this by my GP for my acne scars. I was using this twice a day in conjunction with my Panoxyl or Quinoderm. If I'm honest it hasn't done a fantastic job of fading my most prominent scars but after applying for 2-3 months it has certainly improved the general tone of my skin and it's certainly a lot more even. If you're using on your face I'd recommend just purchasing the smallest pot as a little certainly goes a long way and it will last you ages.

I saw a youtuber with acne prone skin recommending this so I thought I would give it a try. I was worried it would cause breakouts but it hasn't on my sensitive, acne prone skin. I apply this all over my face at night. I wake up with hydrated, soft looking skin. I have been using this for a little over a month and I have noticed my skin looking softer and more even toned. This hasn't done anything for my acne scars but I wasn't expecting any miracles with this. Overall I really like it and highly recommend. If you're worried about breakouts I suggest testing it on a small area of your face for a couple weeks to make sure it won't clog your pores.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

First of all, I have very dry skin, so many stretch marks and old scars. My friend recently recommended it so I started applying it all over my body before I sleep at night and so far so good :) my skin became hydrated I'm just waiting to notice the difference in scars and stretch marks .. I've seen results on people with my own eyes and I just hope it works with me as it did with them. The only problem is that the smell might be a bit too strong for some people and that it stains on sleepwear and sometimes bedsheets.

on 1/28/2015 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought it to test if it works as well as it did for some of my friends and it did! I guess it all boils down to your skin type. I know my skin very well and usually it works with majority of products. I have pimple scars that lightened significantly upon using it for just 3 days so I am convinced by its restorative measure. Will be using it on my tummy when I enter my second trimester as well. I recommend it because I know my skin well and for its value.

on 1/19/2015 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I started using Bio Oil after a friend recommended it. I have been using it for about three months. I use it all over my body after I shower. I have recently been using it for the past month on my face, at night after I take off my makeup. My skin is very soft smooth and hydrated.
I see some have commented it was very oily. The key is to use it very sparingly. For instance, I only use a couple drops for my face.
I have yet to see any changes on my skin, beside the feel. However, I did not expect that only using it the short while I have. At the least, my skin is not dry and very soft.