December 21, 2014 | 1689 users online

Gels/Soaps - Aquolina - Pink Sugar Glossy Shower Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had the travel size from a set and it smelled so good I had to get a large size. To me it smalls just like Pink Sugar but has more of the vanilla notes. I put about a quarter size amount on my salux and it makes an amazing lather! It doesn't moisturie my skin but it doesn't dry me out either. I then layer with the souffle or lotion then the perfum. I get so many cmpliments about how good I smell. Plus I myself love this comforting scent. I wouldn't recommend this to people who suffer from extremly drying conditions because it wont help it either.

If you have normal skin this makes a great layering scent. I use this the lotion, and the perfume and it lasts all day. I personally do not detect any bad scents, it just smells like Pink Sugar to me. It get's you clean and smelling great without stripping the skin. This is a lovely body wash if you're into layering your fragrence. I mix a bottle CeraVe from the tub and mix it with the lotion and this and it's perfect. I really enjoy this scent it is such a nice cold weather wash. Love it:) Totaly Recommended!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by LorelaiNoah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

While I am in love with the perfume, I have to admit I am unsatisfied with the shower gel/mousse version of Pink Sugar.

Cons:
-Does not smell like Pink Sugar...
-Smells like cinnamon buns mixed in with butter & nuts.

Pros:
-Lightweight texture
-Cleans AND moisturizes

Overall I would not repurchase, seeing as scent plays a huge part in my book for weather a shower gel/mousse is a hit or miss. This was definitely a miss. Aquolina don't worry though, you still have my heart. ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by cinna7733

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a set with the 1 oz perfume small lotion and scrub/ shower gel. I absolutely love the smell of the bathroom after I take a bath with this. It smells yummy and then afterwards I spray on the perfume and the scent lasts for a while. I think that compared to so many other shower gels this one is true to the scent of the perfume.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Limeburst

I bought a kit at Sephora with the perfume, lotion and body wash of Pink Sugar. The body wash is great. It smells just like the perfume!! -which i adore- too bad the smell doesn't last out of the shower. Oh well, i got the perfume and lotion to cover that!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2008 5:02:00 PM More reviews by pompeii00

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love the fragrance. hate the soap! did not think the fragrance lasted outside the shower and even hoped the smell of the bathroom would last as mentioned by others. but no. the only really good thing i can say is that it is not as drying as l'occitaine shower gels. love the perfume though and do not feel it is just for the young ones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2008 11:47:00 PM More reviews by suggrr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

While I'm not a big fan of the Pink Sugar fragrance, I received a sample tube of Pink Sugar Glossy Shower Gel and decided to try it. It seems, to my nose at least, creamier and sugar-ier than the fragrance. As I have a terrible sweet tooth, this is definitely a good thing! There is a very slight hint of soap underneath all the sweet notes, which serves to remind me that this honey-colored gel is for the shower, not for dessert. I find that it lathers well (though perhaps I'm using more than I need to due to the heavenly fragrance) and it doesn't seem to strip my skin or leave a film, either. I can smell it on my skin after I get out of the shower, but I didn't notice it the morning after the shower. The actual experience and scent of using this shower gel is so great, I have to give it 4 stars. I always end up looking at this shower gel when I am shopping a friends and family sale (with a good discount) or I have a gift card, since I do think US$18 is a little steep for it. But once I start running out of my Bath and Body Works shower gels, I'm going to purchase this. I'd recommend this to anyone who loves super sweet fragrances and doesn't have particularly dry skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2008 5:12:00 PM More reviews by agingfast

Smells close enough to the cologne version, oodles of bubbles, feels moisturizing. I adore this fragrance for using just before turning in for the night - it makes me feel satisfied/content/secure - like a well-fed, freshly bathed & powdered, snug little baby who has the most attentive parents in the world guarding her. That said, I wouldn't want to smell like this for daytime/public interaction.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2007 9:07:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Scent is not as strong as the perfume. This is a golden yellow bath gel that is not an a great cleanser. I expected the shower gel to be pink in color. Halfway through the shower I just did not want to continue using this cheap cleanser and I switched to my Laura Mercier creme brulee cleanser. Buy it if you love the Pink Sugar line of products. If you are just looking for different scented bath gels, like me, then try Laura Mercier, Philsophy, Kiss My Face and Giovanni bath gels - all of which are effective cleansers and smell wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2007 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Keeshond

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I'm in love with this scent! When I saw they had a shower gel, I had to have it. The shower gel's smell is true to the perfume, except I think it smells a bit spicier (more of the licorice note). Don't expect it to moisturize, though. I think it's called "glossy" shower gel just for the hell of it, because it's not like it glosses your skin or anything. I wish it had a cuter bottle and that the gel was pink (it's yellow)...but hey, nobody's perfect ;) I'll be buying again and again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2007 5:04:00 PM More reviews by honeyangel77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Eh, run of the mill shower gel, cleans ok, leaves a bit of a film if not rinsed off well. Smell is reminiscent of Pink Sugar perfume, but much much less strong. I can barely smell this in the shower, nor on my skin afterward so I cant say much about its layering power. It does foam nicely in a pouf. I have semi dry skin and this just doesnt do it for me. Not moisturizing at all in my opinion. I can have the same or better results from a 3.00 gel from elsewhere... and can layer the scent by rubbing some vaseline on my pulsepoints and spraying with the real pink sugar perfume.