July 31, 2014 | 1015 users online

Styling Products - Kenra - Texturizing Taffy

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by sogood124

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great for short hair to spike it out or piecy . love the smell

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by chitownkel

Smells sooo fantastic but only holds for about an hour on my hair. I have super thick dark "Italian hair" and am always getting it thinned out but it's still pretty heavy regardless plus i have cowlicks to deal with. I work a dime sized amount through my Pixie Cut and it looks AWESOME - for about an hour- and then it's like I have absolutely NOTHING in my hair. It just looks totally dry and dull as if I just shampooed and walked out the door to let it air dry. YUCK! I don't 'combine' this with any shining products or hair spray with it - and that's too much upkeep for me anyway.

A MUCH better product for thick short slightly dry hair is BedHead TIGI's "Creative Genius" - its a shiny blue glazing gel. Lasts ALL day and ALL night - keeps my style exactly where I put it in the morning - and I love the glassy shine. You need verrry little so a bottle lasts me 3 months easily. I'd love to find something with less alcohol in it but so far have tried almost every hair product in existence and nothing works as well as "Creative Genius" for me. YMMV!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by ebbykins

I only bought this product because of the positive reviews and I'm glad I did! I have thick, wavy, high volume hair, after some bad dyes that left my hair destroyed, I went back to a pixie cut to start new, I knew that it would take 1-2 weeks to let my hair relax properly into the new pattern I was styling it, so I figured stick to what I knew prior and bought the products I has used the last time it was short, but product after product, no hold, too much grease, too much shine, tacky with hold that lasted only 3 hours, zits on my forehead from the ones that contained lots of petro ingredients. . Then I tried this product, it was like sex in a jar for me, like my eureka moment. You do not need a lot, but it smooths, defines, texturizes, shines, all in one, without feeling like a wax, without feeling like a glue, and without any new break outs on my forehead... (I normally don't break out). It's seriously my biggest splurge yet and I don't regret it one bit, I save this product for those more special hair days and use the got2b gel (the one that doesn't dry like a gel/glue) for regular workout/errand days. It also smells amazing. I threw out all the pomades/waxes/pastes that broke me out and had no lasting hold, by the time I found out about this product after the cost of $6-10 per jar... I could have bought a couple jars... sigh. Thanks again MUA, you saved me trying more garbage products that were good in the past and now suck! Because my hair is uber short I'll probably buy and try a few others yet for the fun of it but this is going to be my splurge item for many years to come until my hair is long again, lol.

*Edited and took off a lippy. For the only reason that now with the weather being warmer, this stuff seems to lose it's hold quickly (I use hairspray with it as well too) and it seems it stops working after 4 hours or so with heat/sun exposure. For the price I just don't consider it rebuyable during summer, but nice for cooler climates/weather for sure, I'll be looking for something different again! LOL*

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by stimm1993

i LOVE this product!

i use it on dry hair, mix it with some shine serum (usually the paul mitchell one, super skinny serum i think its called) and apply it to my short hair! it makes it look so super texerized and its PERFECT!

also, it smells fantastic!

definitlely a good buy!!!!

ps - sometimes my mom even steals it from me cus it smells and works amazingly!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

My one and only must have hair product. Obviously I use others but I can't go a day without this taffy. I've used so many texturizing pastes, taffies, etc. and none compare! This smells sooooo good and gives perfect texture to my bright blonde pixie cut.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by MommyMomdri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A must for those of us who require a lot of texture. I have silky, extremely thick, hair. it falls down unless I have the right product in it. Definitely one of my HG products and I have been testing some of the other products- jury is out on those as I like to give it a bit of time. It smells divine. Packaging needs to be a bit better and the price leaves a lot to be desired for those of us who aren't fortunate to be able to afford it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by mommommom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Stuff is amazing. After having super long hair my entire life I decided to take the plunge and go with very short- and I'm glad I did. However, it took awhile to find the right combination of products and I finally found this (along with a few other ones I rotate through a week.) This is an absolute MUST for those of us who need loads of texture.

THIS is my HG and I've since added some products of this line. The only drawback is the price.

Have I mentioned how AMAZING this smells??? Holy moly, batman!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by SmartCookie1035

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The only reason I give this product four stars instead of five is because of the price. (I paid $19 for the 2 oz 57g.) However, I'm glad to say that the results justify the money; this product does deliver loads of... well, texture! Use this to get a piecey look with a lot of interest. It especially does wonders for a choppy, layered haircut like mine. Not that it really matters, but the packaging is also quite pretty and sleek! As an added perk, the aptly-named "taffy" smells delicious--reminds me of a caramel apple!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by crazytlccool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the most delicious smelling product ever! It made me reminiscent of childhood candy. The consistency is perfect to texturize ends with a professional looking touch. I have also used it in the body of my hair hoping it would help with frizziness...but didn't work as well as I would like and only added frizz with the wind. Oh, and the packaging is pretty!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Vanillacandle24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for years. In fact, I ran out of this 1 month ago and my hair has looked terrible without it. I just bought more today and suddenly my short layered hair looks so much better! LOVE IT!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No