October 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Lipstick - Mary Kay - Mocha Freeze

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 10:23:00 AM More reviews by yuyu122

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm an NC 35 I loved this lipstick when I was 15 years old, but now it's not my favorite color. But I use it from time to time. I have to say I love the texture and lasting of this lipstick... I just don't love the color anymore...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My sister just put me on to this, and Im loving it! I am around Beyonce'/Mary J blige complexion and on me this is like a Frosty Tan/Light Brown, highly on the tan frosty side. IT is soooo beautiful, I paired this up with my Mac Chesnut lipliner without blending it down. It looks beautiful and sophisticated. I can see me rocking this with a sleek lop sided bob, with my brows bangin. I can tell it would look really pretty with a golden brown lipliner so Ima go cop me one. I told my sister this is like a smoky look for the lips, and she said "girl you hit right on the nail!" Yea so just imagine a tan/ light brown, with a little smoke. Its very pretty and sexy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by slone76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I gravitate toward what works for me. I absolutely think, this is the prettiest color I own. Yes, including MAC, REVLON, Estee, and all the others this is my go to color. It is the right amount of rose, beige, and shimmer. A great deal of the reviews state that it has a grey tone, which it does because it's metallic. If you have a strong natural tone this greyness amps done your natural liptone. I can't tell you how many lipsticks I have tossed, taken back, given away, or just left in a drawer to rot. This is a great color, if you are like me with olive toned skin. It's nothing mindblowing, but a good full coverage lipstick that doesn't goo your lips, endorse hair to stick on your lips, and offers a good solid "want everyone to know I have lipstick on, but don't work on a street corner kinda color." Like all lipsticks, the tones can be changed by adding a mauve toned deeper liner, a natural lip colored liner, or no liner and adding a good gloss on top to make it more sheer. I love this lipstick and since I am a lover of natural classy tones this is the ticket for me. I lost count of how many tubes over the past 2 years, I have gone through because I can count on this color not to be orange, a blue red or. an absolute waste of money. Check out their metallics line, and it's nothing to be afraid of at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by tabbyblu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's weird. It does have an ashy grey undertone thing going on, but yet it's easy to slap on in a hurry because it's not a shockingly obviously color and it's not offensive. Just. . .weird. Since I get tired of the same ole same ole pink and cinnamon colors in my bag, well -- metallicky isn't the worst I could do.

When paired with other lipliners/lip glosses I'm trying to get rid of, I might end up with a cool color combination from time to time that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. And I've got plenty of lipliners/glosses that were mistakes, so those mistakes keep my makeup bag from getting too monotonous.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Amykakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this color on me! It's neutral with a bit of a brown tint to it, perfect for day use. I just don't know if I will repurchase again because it is a bit on the spendy side unless I ebay it. Not like it stays on my lips for longer than any other lipstick out there either. But it IS pretty!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2008 4:47:00 PM More reviews by pootiebear1031

This is my HG lipstick. I really don't own that many lipsticks I usually prefer glosses. This lipstick is mocha in color and it also has a hint of glitter that makes it really shine and pop. I usually wear this lipstick along with my MAC amber lights eyeshadow and MAC Teddy eye kohl liner. This lipstick makes my lips look gorgeous. I also love that Mary Kay lipstick does not dry my lips out. It is almost like a combination of a lip balm and lipstick. The lipstick last throughout the day until maybe I eat or wipe it off. The lipstick also has Vitamin E and C. The lipstick cost about $13.00 so not too pricey.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by barefootcassandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Once upon a time when I didnt know better and got sucked in to Mary Kay...
I loved this lipstick. The Mocha Freeze was beautiful with a darker liner.
However the lipstick has a flavor, it is so awful that I cant even describe it. It got in my mouth and I would be trying to spit it out, or wash it down with water...But nothing helped.
The flavor is like a highly perfumed garbage can.
And that is the reason I will never use this lipstick/brand again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by jd-jd

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This color may become discontinued--MK is revising their line.

The color is a silvery mocha beige and can look a bit dead-ish on your lips UNLESS....you line with a neutral or chocolate liner and top with a creamy beige gloss. If you do like that metallic grayish lip look, this is fine by itself.

Then this looks like a wonderful mid tone beige nude with good density. The MK colors are thicker than, say, MAC lipsticks (except Amplified Creme or Matte.) Really stays well and looks very professional.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2007 11:19:00 AM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really want to like this color, and I love the way it looks in the tube, but I have to work and struggle with lipliner to get it to work on my MAC NC30, golden-undertoned, hazel-green eyed, blonde self. It has a tendency to wash me out or make me look dead. I have to pair it up with a darker pigmented lipliner, and one with a little more pink in it. It looks like a wonderful peachy/golden bronze, but it has a weird ashy undertone to it. It's really pigmented too, so it's hard to sheer out to make it look right. I'll keep it around and play with it, I don't want to return it because now it's too late and my old MK rep hated returns anyway, but I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2006 3:23:00 PM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I so agree w/ djgirl. I know a lot of people that wear this shade and it looks beautiful on them. However, I cannot wear this color. I love the color in the tube and I like MK lipsticks. So, my review is based on this color not working for me NOT the quality of the product. Good quality product just not flattering on me. I am a DDD, NW45 or NW47 w/lots of red and blue undertones (think Oprah's coloring).