October 1, 2014 | 1801 users online

Sunscreen - Banana Boat - Quick Dry Sport SPF 30 No Rub Spray

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by callire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would give this product negative lippies if I could. Simply the WORST sunscreen I have ever tried. Ever. This review is for the SPF 85 specifically, but I also bought the 30 SPF too, so I can vouch these are almost identical.
I'm a lifeguard, and I simply CANNOT use this stuff. It is the greasiest sunscreen ever that literally DRIPS down because the spray applicator releases so much product. While it's greasy on the skin and most other surfaces, if it comes into contact with plastic, it bonds and creates a sticky disaster. This totally ruined a plastic whistle because it bonded to the plastic and made it a sticky, gross surface that was impossible to clean. I HATE this stuff with a passion. Simply the worst ever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Lola_B_10021

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I used this product along the Turkish coast a couple of years back and remember loving it. I have dark skin and many sunscreens give a white creamy cast which I of course hate so liked the idea of a clear. Also I burn very easily and get heat rash. I used this in 110 degree weather and remember having a dry oil spray feeling on my skin, it looked and felt fine. It kept me moisturized and held up pretty well considering the conditions. The ease of use is unbeatable especially if you're not into milky pools on your skin post-water or post-volleyball. The bottle is crap, god forbid you carry it in anything other than upright position, has a tendency to leak product from bottleneck, and the cap is flimsy - buy your own pump.
***Edit***On second thought while I'll never do lotions there are a lot of mists out there that are less hassle than this spray bottle.
***EDIT 9/2010*** I do "do lotions" now and have since had issues with sprays/mists and which ingredients I'm inhaling and doubt suncreens/blocks of this formulation are good on my lungs. If I found a sunblock with a safer ingredient list I'd try a spray again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2004 4:33:00 AM More reviews by chitchatgo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For those who are too lazy to rub sunscreen on, this is for you. I bought it for my boyfriend because the other stuff I bought for him he will not use because he is too darn lazy to rub the product all over his body. Instead of getting no sun protection at all, at least he gets some on his body with this one. It's a clear, no rub formula, but on boy, does it smell. I can definitely smell coconut on him when he uses this product. Not that I mind because it's makes him smell beachy. There's probably a fair amount of alcohol in the product because when after he sprays is, I can smell alcohol in the air. All in all, I think it's a good product for a lazy guy to use. Product is UVA & UVB. He has never used it on the face though, he likes Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch because it's not oily for him. He has oily skin.

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 1.00%, Homosalate 8.78%, Octinoxate 7.50%, Octisalate 5.00%, Oxybenzone 5.00%