November 26, 2014 | 1732 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Stop Anti-Ageing DAily Moisturizing Treatment

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2007 11:35:00 AM More reviews by caradiangela

I used this one in my teens, for a few years in a row, I guess because there was just not so mauch out there back then with SPF 15. I always liked the smell, but can also agree with the people who think tis a bit heavy. I found it a particularly light-weight cream, whcih gave my skin a healthy red glow on the cheeks (is that what the vitamin C does?) I stopped using it when there became more options with SPF, and I was in for a change. Since I've read about "open packages" and bacterias, I wont buy this one anymore. Sometimes I still miss its smell a little, cause it reminds me of my teens ;)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2007 5:43:00 AM More reviews by curlylaura

I bought this based on the claims it brightens your skin. What a lie. It did nothing to brighten my skin and even though it is a day cream it is far to heavy to use during the day. It left me with shiny, greasy looking skin. I have tried using it at night with more success but I have recently noticed I'm starting to break out along my jaw and down the sides of my face. I do like the scent this cream has but I doubt I'll buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2006 12:25:00 AM More reviews by pinkpeonie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this because of the anti-ageing ingredients, and I wish I hadn't of bothered.... pleasant enough smell, but this product left me with red blotches and did not leave up to it's claims....I'm only 30, but I do have a little visable sun damage, and wanted a product that would refine texture and brighten skin's appearance. I'll stick to my olay products, I think

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2006 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Flexichick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The citrus smell of this product is horrible (much too strong) and I dind't really like the way it felt on my skin.

I prefer some of their other face moisturizers (like the 24 hour) over this any day.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2005 7:53:00 PM More reviews by livian

I did two runs of this (in conjunction with the stop cleanser, toner and stop night cream). I think for the price it does a good job of keeping the skin clean and moisturised. It probably won't suit those with very oily skin though.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2005 3:59:00 PM More reviews by slinky501

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok. I am early 20s and have oily/ acne prone yet often strangely dehydrated skin. I found this product to be pretty unpleasant, leaving a greasy, filmy, synthetic residue on the skin and never quite absorbing properly. It does not soften or plump up my skin in any way and actually seems to sensitise it, making it sting on application. Very 'synthetic' feeling product. On top of all that, the stuff has nodiscernable brightening/ anti-ageing effects whatsoever. Would most definitely not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2005 10:14:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

Not very moisturising, and the fragrance was far too strong + invasive. I ended up using it as handcream, but even then I found the smell too strong.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2005 9:13:00 AM More reviews by lucycj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on my second tube of this. I hesitated to repurchase as it's kind of expensive for a drugstore brand (9 for 40ml) and doesn't moisturise my skin that well, but it doesn't irritate it either and that counts for a lot! I need a lot more than the pea-size amount the tube recommends to moisturise my face, it sinks in too quickly to go very far. I use it at night, and use the Stop day cream during the day as it has SPF 15. Next time I want to try the night cream, as I'd like a richer night cream. But it doesn't have the retinol that this one does!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2004 9:53:00 PM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I think I've just found my holy grail skin cream! This is a light white cream with a very faint citrus scent. It contains retinol and vitamin C and comes in a retinol-appropriate metal tube. It sinks in quickly and leaves my oily skin supple and soft but not greasy.I have not had a single new pimple since I started using it! (Except for hormonal ones on my chin, but nothing helps those,and I think I even got fewer ones than I normally do.) I use it at night and wake up to smooth and clear non-oily skin. I hate how some anti-aging products leave you with a greasy sticky face... not Stop! I suspect that this is similar to Lancome's Re-Surface retinol cream(Garnier and Lancome are owned by the same company) but at a fraction of the price. It even appears to fade red breakout marks, softens my eye lines and refines my pores too. Does it leap tall buildings in a single bound as well? Well, I wouldn't put it past this hardworking little tube. About $AU16 at K-Mart. I don't think the Garnier skincare is yet available in the USA, but acne prone ladies who are fighting crater pores, it might be worth it to request a tube of this next time you're swapping with someone in Europe or Australia. Make sure you request it by exact name, and specify the one in the tube. The jar version is not nearly as good. Hooray for Stop!