November 21, 2014 | 1659 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - Amande Firming & Smoothing Milk Concentrate

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 7:00:00 AM More reviews by sherylash8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this thing is very pricey but i love it. it makes my skin very moisturize! perfect for nighttime usee ...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by simhyungp

I got a few samples on this product, and I seriously loved this. it's really soft and helps to moisturize my body. Not too rich, but have moist enough. I love the smell, too, but it's too expensive. I wanted to give it a try but way TOO expensive..$45 for one body cream.
but would recommend to others if they can afford this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a small sample jar of this with a recent purchase at the L'Occitane store at the Summit, and I am in love. It feels so rich, and smells like Heaven on earth. Like milk and warm almonds and baby lotion. Maybe it's not the most moisturizing creme on earth, but with this subtle and mesmerizing scent, I don't give a damn. When I run out, I shall head right back up to the L'Occitane store to repurchase, and I also think this would make a splendid gift for anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by junglegirl004

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't smell any blackcurrant which another reviewer mentioned - it smells a bit like powder milk to me - synthetically sweet. Which is fine unless you're into very natural and organic stuff. The texture feels funny on my hands, dry and superficial, but I think it's perfect for legs and body. Very silky. I'm not buying again because I'm looking for something more natural and organic.

The glass jar with embossed French is perfect, but I gave the packaging a low mark because the lid is cheap tin and it doesn't screw back on easily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very nice product. It is lightweight and luxurious feeling and smells very nice too. The scent is a black currant with amaretto scent and it was a nice surprise to discover upon trying the product. It definitely is a 4 lippy product but I cannot justify the price point when the world is full of sooooo many wonderful moisturizers to try!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by SZQueue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'Occitane bats about a 200 with me but I have to say this is one great moisturizer. Light, very elegant almond scent, a great-looking, heavy glass jar and the product really delivers. The cream has a wonderful, silky-light handfeel and smoothes on beautifully, absorbs immediately and really locks in moisture. The pricing is a bit unfortunately high... and they've changed the jar to a not-as-cute format.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2009 12:44:00 PM More reviews by uberuninspired

We have the mist spray version of this here in Asia. It works well in the humid weather. I like it for the smell and how it makes my skin feel silky smooth. I'm generally skeptical of creams which claim to be able to firm your body or things like that, so i use it mainly as a moisturiser. doesn't leave an oily film, goes straight into skin. Definitely happy with the product. Great for people who want a light kind of body moisturiser in a tropical setting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 5:30:00 AM More reviews by bloom290

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I haven't had the best of luck with L'Occitane products, but this is certainly a winner. I have perpetually dry skin (thanks Mom, Grandma...you get the idea) and I am always on the hunt for exceptional moisturisers. This one is packaged in a decidedly inconvenient (heavy!) glass jar but the contents are worth the trouble. My skin feels unusually soft after application and the scent, while not my favorite, is more than tolerable. It initially smells very sweet, perhaps cloying, but it doesn't take long to fade to a pleasantly soft and milky sweetness. The texture is light but the potency is undeniable. Interesting to note: this had a strange effect on my skin, or rather the tone (color) of my skin. My skin color is naturally very pale, which I've finally grown to like. After applying this, my skin seems to be more porcelain than pallid, even and brightly milky in tone. It's a great effect for me, one that I haven't come across with any other product.

On the topic of "firming" as advertised on the label, I don't know. I have not been monitoring that; the moisturising qualities have taken the cake here. I hope the information I AM able to give is helpful.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 2:03:00 AM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using samples of this, mainly on the plane to rehydrate. I was pleasantly surprised at how good this was for my skin.

Pros:
- I love the scent
- really does moisturize my skin and left it hydrated even after I got off the plane

Cons:
- I don't know how this would work on a day to day basis, I find that highly fragranced skin creams eventually irritate my skin
- probably best as a night cream rather than a day cream, it does leave a bit of a film on skin

I will come back to this if my Kiehl's stuff doesn't work.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Vampirula

I boought this moisturizer 2 weeks ago along with the supple amande oil, I love both!! great smell, great moisture power, light and no greasy...well, I have read Sarah Lee review and confess I've just done the same 5 minutes ago: open the jar and pour a generous quantity of oil, mix it up and here it goes, I have achieved a better product, much better as I've been using the oil after shower and then, after 15 minutes, the cream; now I have it all in one and have to say the texture is just perfect, it absorbs really fast and leaves skin wonderful.
If, as Sarah Lee claims, as well firms my skin, then, and although is pricey, I'll buy it forever!!! I'll update...