Cover Girl Eye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering Sands

4.3

on 4/28/2015 10:59:00 PM

i luv covergirl i have alot of covergirl make up all kinds of colors doesnt stay on that long and it lasts cheap price good deal as the price

on 2/23/2015 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Dang!!!! So disappointed in this! After seeing so many youtube videos and reviews on this classic trio,
I finally picked it up… No Bueno… Perhaps they have changed the formula recently? I find this to be not very pigmented, a bit gritty and I need to scrub on it/use a colored primer (tried with Milani eye primer than NYX jumbo pencil in Yogurt) to get it to show up well enough and pack on a few layers. What the heck? So disappointed since I see so many rave reviews. Back to the store it goes..

on 1/10/2015 12:16:00 PM

I don't get the hype with this. The colors aren't pigmented...The highlight shade is really pretty but the two darker browns are not great.

I usually favor high end brands, however, on a random whim I purchase this set. This is no an Elizabeth Arden set but works well enough in a tight pinch to the local farmers market.

on 10/27/2014 10:37:00 PM

I began buying this exact palette ten years ago, if that tells you anything. I have used up SEVERAL. These shades are perfect. (Yes, pigmented. Ignore anyone who says otherwise. Use a primer if your skin tone is tricky. Makeup 101.) This has gotten me through everything from a pin-up photo shoot with red lips to being a cheerleader for the Wichita Thunder to everyday swipe and go. I even use the lightest shade as my go-to highlighter for other shadows.

on 8/13/2014 4:05:00 PM

I am honestly kind of confused at all of the positive reviews on here. I love drugstore makeup and a lot of companies are doing better and better with their eyeshadows... But I feel like cover girl has not caught up with the program. These shadows literally had almost no pigment to them. It took 3-4 layers of each color to get it to show up on my FAIR skin (no exaggeration) there is no contrast in this palette either! The colors get about half a shade darker as you go through the palette. (Which is honestly ridiculous considering you are supposed to use these shadows differently...) also it's not shimmery, it's just pure frost. And this makes all the colors even more identical. I threw this palette away. I tried so hard to like it but every time I would put it on, I took it off immediately because I just hated very look I came up with!! (I could only come up with 2 look by the way:/ ) Please do your self a favor and try wet and wild. You are paying even less to get quality similar to high end shadows.

on 6/9/2014 11:15:00 PM

This trio is holy grail for me, I'm too cheap to buy a naked palette, and these offer a wonderful nude look for about $4. The colors, although natural in tone offer just the right amount of shimmer and generally last well, although I would suggest primer to keep them from blending together. I highly, highly recommend these.

on 3/16/2014 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this! I love using this with a gold cream eyeshadow underneath. I have never gotten so many compliments on an eye shadow! I have so many eyeshadows and this is the only one I hit pan on. I love it and I will be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my go-to eyeshadow trio. So easy to blend and looks so pretty and natural! I'm 41 and the shimmer is pretty low-key for us "older" gals (you're only old as you feel, lol)...honestly, this is so easy to use that just from the application alone, you can just apply and go...no blending required. This trio is THAT awesome :-)

on 3/7/2014 11:05:00 AM

I have used this since 2002 when I saw it sitting on a friends bathroom countertop and I decided I needed to get my own since I had always loved my friends natural yet sophisticated eyeshadow look. The packaging is what can be expected from CoverGirl, the price and availability are good. As other users have remarked, this is not the most pigmented eyeshadow trio. That isn't an issue for me, as I do like the color that is imparted. I tend to use the middle color most, and always hit the pan on that color before the others, if I ever even hit the pan on the other colors before buying a new set. The colors are smooth and blend nicely and have decent staying power, that is easily improved with an eyeshadow primer. I would recommend this for someone who likes to wear makeup, but doesn't like the look of being overly made up.

Video Reviews & Tutorials