Badger Unscented Healing Balm

4.8

Not tested on animals

*Olea Europaea (Extra Virgin Olive) Oil, & *Cera Alba (Beeswax). * = Certified Organic

on 1/8/2014 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a review for the Unscented Balm, but it is not the 'healing' version. Just the basic version for 'sensitive dry skin'.

I use this as a cuticle oil and its great. Obviously I could just use olive oil from the bottle, but I prefer the harder balm, it is just easier to control the amount used and is less slippery.

Unscented version still smells pleasant, great all purpose balm.

Great value as well. Got it on iHerb for around $7AU, for 56g/2oz. So really inexpensive.

The tin is pretty cute, but I worry about it being unhygienic. However, I don't really see how else you could package the balm.

on 2/12/2013 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This winter has been so rough on my skin that even though I slather body cream & body butter all over twice a day, I still have dry patches on my legs, feet, hands, and face. I decided to give a natural oil-based product a try. I was looking in the eczema/psoriasis section at my local health food store and noticed Badger's humble unscented, no frills basic balm. There are literally two ingredients in this balm: olive oil and beeswax. It's amazing. I have been using it at night for the past couple of days and I have noticed a HUGE difference in my skin. Finally, finally, I have moisturized, smooth, plump skin again on my legs and arms. I even dabbed some on my chin and around my nose where I have been really irritated and breaking out with some acne and flakes from recent products.

This balm goes into my skin fairly well and doesn't leave me super greasy like my previous dry skin product, Neutrogena Norwegian original hand cream.

I love this stuff so much, I will definitely repurchase and possibly other scents like the sleep balm that has lavender oil. If you have been battling super dry skin, search no more! Pick one of these babies up and you'll be so glad that you tried it!

on 12/17/2012 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This product is fantastic! I use it regularly for dry patches of skin as well as on my lips, and have also had great success with it as a healing balm for new tattoos. The little tin is also gorgeous - I use it to store my earrings, etc. in afterwards. Highly recommended!

on 3/26/2012 10:37:00 PM

I love this stuff! I'm a gardener in my spare time so I constantly have rough, dry hands - that was until I got onto this product. It is very greasy, but if you just sit for a minute or two it quickly sinks in. Very good for rough patches anywhere on the body like elbows and ankles. I always have the small tin of this in my bag. Don't use any other hand lotion since I discovered it.

on 2/9/2012 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this as a hand cream. It's very concentrated, so one tin lasts forever, and the minimal, pure ingredients don't give my sensitive skin any problems. I also like that, unlike some moisturizers, it works whether your hands are damp or dry. The only reason I'm giving it four instead of five lippies is that it's pretty greasy going on and takes quite awhile before it sinks in and you can touch anything.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This stuff if a lifesaver! I always have a tin of this in my bag. It is great to keep cuticles and hands moisturized on the go. I'm sure this would really work anywhere because the ingredients are so mild. It has the faintest smell of honey, which I love. The tin is fairly easy to negotiate, the texture is easy to work with and I love being able to throw it in my purse w/o worrying it will cause a mess. I recommend this, especially for people in dry climates or taking long plane trips.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this stuff!!! I use it to heal cuts, on irritated skin (not on my face b/c it's too heavy for me), if my fingers or hands crack b/c of too much contact w/detergents and the like, on my feet at night, there's just all kinds of uses for this stuff. I've even used it when I've ran out of their lip balm. I've always said that if I was stranded on an island I'd want Badger healing balm & their vanilla lip balm:) Oh, and like most of their other products (for me anyway) it seems to last forever.

on 8/28/2011 11:30:00 PM

I keep a tin of this on my desk at work. It combats the dryness after using the dodgy moisture-stripping hand wash in the office bathroom! It's a little greasy if you apply too much, but it soaks right in. My cuticles desperately need this!!

My skin has been wild this winter. So dry.. it was hard to wear any kind of make up at all. Out of sheer desperation I put this healing balm on my FACE. I did it every day and after a few days.. magic! It has olive oil so it is shiny when you put it on..but I found I could sleep in a full face of it , and it wasn't that messy. An inexpensive miracle product. This will run you under 6 dollars. Lasts forever. A little goes a long way. I have very sensitive skin, and this works well for me. This is a certified organic product. It has Extra virgin olive oil, beeswax, castor oil, aloe vera. That's it! So no chemicals on the face is always a good thing in my book.

on 1/12/2010 11:50:00 PM

I have this in the scented version also, and I LOVE them both! I kind of wrote a dual review under the scented version, so if you want you can check that one out. They have saved my hands and other parts of my body. Definately must haves for me!

Top Rated Badger Products