October 25, 2014 | 1836 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe - Beauty Marked

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first MAC shadow that I've been disappointed in. And I was really disappointed because It's so beautiful in the pan and I thought this would be the perfect deep purpley color for my crease to get a nice plum or purple smokey eye but this shadow is simply black. It's black with flecks of purple/burgundy sparkles and not at all what I was looking for. My hunt for a dark, warm toned purple shadow continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by maimaimaired

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just want to say I luv luv maccosmetics.lol I purchased beauty marked eye shadow and I luv it I get soooo many compliments. I use Maybelline cream color base in punked all over lid then beauty marked all over lid and a lil above add Mac carbon to outver v and my Mac mineralize skin finish as my brow highlight with wing liner. I just luv
The soft smokey eye effect especially for fall.(NW 45)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by JMiami

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This color is gorgeous when used as third...I use a pale shimmering color over entire lid up to brow, then I use a bronze in the crease, I procede with this beauty over the lid and a little into the crease. Its a sexy smokey eye with dimension! I get compliments all the time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Devildog4025

This shadow is a trip to say the least. Upon looking it at, it appears a dark burgundy, glittery shadow. I was very disappointed when I put it on and got almost BLACK, and completley matte. No more shimmer (maybe a couple of sporadic burgundy flecks here and there), but it's pretty much black. The first time I used it, I just dove right in and spread it across my lid and quickly realized that was a big mistake. The color was overwhelming and NOT what I was looking for, and certainly not what appeared to be in the pot. I will try and play around with it and see if it has some versatility, but for the most part this is one I will not be repurchasing. However, I gave it four lippies for being so cleverly deceptive and unique.

***EDIT*** After a few months, I purchased Heritage Rouge Pigment and found that this is the PERFECT compliment for the outer corners of the eyes for that pigment. I also use it to line my eyes form time to time, and it's perfect. I have found a new love for beauty marked :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by jewelmeow

OMG I LOVE THIS SOOO MUCH! i have fair skin and at first was intimidated by the intense purple and shimmer in the pan, but when i applied it on my lids i was so pleasantly surprised! it wasn't as purple as it looks in the pan but it applies so well and stays put! with that predominantly taupe-y colour and subtle purple glitter in it this makes THE perfect every day eye liner shade, and i get complimented every time i wear this on my upper lash line. buy buy buy a must have in everyone's collection!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by silverbelle282

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

NC40-42, black hair, brown eyes, Indian skin tone, for reference. I bought this one years ago because I loved the way it glittered in the pan. Unfortunately, like many other reviewers before me, I have not really been able to bring out the best of this color. Truthfully, since I am currently in a "shopping my stash" mode, I have been carrying this one around with me and using it as liner. I do a neutral shade on lids, use my smolder eye kohl to line very close to the lash line, and then pick beauty marked up with a smudger brush and apply it over the smolder, blending as I go. It brings out the sparkles a little bit more. I wouldn't purchase again only because I have TOO MANY black liner options currently in my stash (gels, shadows, pencils, liquids, etc...).

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Sparkylarky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've had this for a really long time. About 8 years and the pot is still almost full. For me it doesn't look great as an all over lid color because it shrinks my already smallish eyes. This isn't easy to apply either. A bit dusty and gritty, not really uniform. However, I have recently found that this works great as a liner. I apply it with an eyeliner brush and I get a precise line that doesn't budge.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Totally disappointed with this color. It looks so gorgeous in the pan but no matter what I do (prime, foil it, wet it) it looks NOTHING close to the way it does in the pan. Wet N Wild has an identical shade that actually looks the way it does it the pan for MUCH cheaper. I'd rather get the Wet N Wild. (from the Petal Pusher 8 pan)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Marie123456789

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the reason people don't like this eyeshadow is because they don't know what's the best way to use it. I use it only as a eyeliner and it's the best thing ever! Super pigmented dark almost black purple with sparkles is just gorgeous and brings out really well my brown eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Beauty Marked is one of the most unique and beautiful eyeshadows that I have ever seen. When I saw it at MAC, I knew I had to have it. It's a blackened red-purple with sparkles. The pictures don't do justice--at all. You MUST see it and swatch it in person in order to get the full effect of its beauty. I mean, c'mon, its awesome name is enough to draw me in to buy it! (Whoever came up with this name and shade is a genius.)
The texture, however, isn't the best. It's just not as smooth as other MAC eyeshadows are. But the color pay-off is good. You hardly need much product for maximum color. This is, however, a very dark shade, so you may or may not want to apply less for a lighter color.
So far I've only came up with 2 looks with this eyeshadow:
-Sunset-inspired: Amber Lights on inner 1/3 lid; Expensive Pink on middle lid; Cranberry on outer lid, Beauty Marked into crease, on farthest outer lid, and smoked on outer 1/3 of lower lash line for drama and intensity.
-Satin Taupe all over lid and Beauty Marked on outer lid and smoked on outer 1/2 of lower lash line.
I'm trying to experiment to see what other looks I can come up with with this.
Would I repurchase? Yes.