December 18, 2014 | 1717 users online

Lip Treatments - Desert Essence - Lip Rescue w/ Tea Tree Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by stylesnburberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This lip balm just might have what it takes for hg status. This winter my lips were really chapped and I was trying out all the different lip balms that I hadn't thrown out from previous years, So that is where I found this little gem and I cut a little layer off because it had hardened a little. Like other lip balms this doesn't leave a greasy film on my lips. Also it doesn't over moisturize your lips for an initial feeling of hydration which then you soon find your lips back to its chapped state.This lip balm doesn't do that to me. It sinks right into my lips and I barely notice its there unless I rub my lips together. My chapped lips are thankfully gone at the moment thanks to this little gem.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Freedom3033

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

So-so product. Does its job, but I've tried better lip balms.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by cctm1130

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my first time buying this lip product.
I've read so-so reviews on it, and decided I needed to try it.
I unfortunately, suffer from cold sore breakouts. I can't remember when I first started getting them, all I know is that I've been getting them since I was young; I am now 25 almost 26 years old and get them now more as an adult then when I was younger. (Probably form Stress and weather change,especially this summer its been soooo HOT)
Crossing my fingers this works because I don't know what else to do. I've tried Abreva, Campho Phenique, Coconut Oil, Tea Tree Oil (works best for me), and nothing at all.

Will Update again after I've tried it for a few more days ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best lip treatment for my lips so far. And this is not just a moisterizer , this Is really a therapeutic treatment. I have used a lot of lip treatments but none of them does a good job for me at least. I have very dry and chapped lips and when i use other products it feels good while i have it on my lips as soon as it gone my lips are cracked and chapped again. This one heals my lips in a day ( if I apply it a couple of times a day). It has teaI tree oil in it , this is what provides its heeling properties. It also has a cooling effect.
It has a very strong tea tree oil smell which some people can find embarrassing or overwhelming. Usually I dont use it when I'm going outside, I use it night time mostly, but if you don't care about smell you can use it anywhere.
It really helped my lips and I definitely recommend it.

Updated: I'm not using for two days and my lips are already cracked and dry. Now I'm using Palmers, which doesn't do anything. What a big difference. Tomorrow I'm going to by a couple of them for the whole winter - my HG.

The package on the picture is different from the one I was using. I hope they changed only package, not the formula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by dawnfire90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always have had cracked, bleeding, peeling, dry lips. Only when I slather on a ton of Vaseline on every night and all day long are they ever even soft, but they still peeled and bled. A few months ago I went on an antibiotic and for the first time ever my lips were soft without needing to do anything to them. But once I went off it my lips went back to their usual state :( I decided tea tree oil chap stick would be good for all its properties and this was the only one on MUA. When I first put it on I almost got sick, the smell was that bad. I guess I don't like the smell of tea tree oil, but that won't effect its rating because I bought it specifically for it containing that. I put it on every night (holding my nose) and slathered on other stuff on top of it so I wouldn't smell it. Eventually I got used to the smell. Well a week later my lips are actually soft in the morning and are staying soft without needing to reapply! So if nothing has truly healed your lips then definitely give this a try. Also, if your lips are dry just because of cold weather or something then this is probably not moisturizing enough.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by eddiecatt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

For me, this is one of those natural products that doesn't work that well. I find it just doesn't stand up to the harsh winter--it's probably good enough for milder climates. I can put it on as I'm going out the door and find that I need to reapply when I've got where I'm going. I've been working at getting to my 20 reviews so I can write about my Organique by Himalaya lip balm--now, that's a natural lip balm that works!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by funnelbabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this 4 hours ago, after suffering from horribly dry lips the past few weeks. I've used Aquaphor Healing Ointment, Walgreens Organic lip balm, and even Lanolin (nipple cream) these past few weeks, and although they moisturized my lips, nothing was HEALING them. Still had horrible peeling and bleeding.

I purchased this a few hours ago and applied. Already, the peeling has stopped. My lips feel soft and moisturized. They no longer hurt. And they are not bleeding!

If these few hours are any idea of what I have ahead of me, I'm going to be a very happy customer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by tennis4life

My friend who has gotten me obsessed with Tea Tree Oil introduced me to this product. After a long day at the beach, we went to a health food store and I purchased it. It was such a nice treat for sun exposed lips. It was cooling and soothing and definitely moisturizing. It was a tad greasy, but I think in this case that is a good thing. I also feels like it wards off germs because of tea tree oil's antiseptic properties. If you don't like the smell of tea tree oil, please don't buy this; you will absolutely detest it. For those of you that have not ever been exposed to tea tree oil, it has a very strong and pungent smell that I can't really describe except as very earthy. If you don't like natural earthy smells, you probably won't like this. See if they have a tester at the store to smell before purchasing. I can't wear this around my boyfriend because he's so grossed out by the smell; it's definitely a love it or hate it deal. The price was about $3.00.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 1:59:00 AM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this product since it first came out abut ten years ago. I am not fond of the newer packaging but this lip treatment remains the very best I have ever used. Tea tree has a medicinal smell and it may take time to get used to it. The effects on your lips are soothing and wonderful. It has good slip without being goopy. This is the only natural lip balm I will use and I have tried many.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 6:04:00 PM More reviews by rainbodragon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have always used a lip balm before bed and this is the best one i have ever used. my lips feel super soft in the morning, it sinks right into the lips like a moisturizer instead of sitting on top like chapstick type products do. yes it has a strong tea tree oil smell, but you should expect that from a tea tree oil product, i actually really like the smell. HG!