Bobbi Brown Bronze Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.3

on 8/25/2015 4:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this product in duty free at the Airport before I was going to Cape Town as I knew I'd need something to give me a darker glow as I my tan developed. I'm not actually sure how much this costs in a regular store but I remember I didn't find the price excessive in duty free.

The packaging for this product is sleek with the general white on black that most cosmetic companies use. When you open it up the 'brick' effect is just gorgeous and enticed me into using it. I really love the range of bronzing shades in this pack and together they give a great sunkissed shimmer. Not keen on the white highlighting shade at the top - don't really see the point of it, I'd rather use my own highlighter.

The product I purchased came with a bronzing brush that I don't really rate. Although it picks up the pigments really well I find the bristles quite harsh on my skin and it doesn't clean very well.

I've had this around 6 months now and only one one section of the palette is wearing down.

I would probably repurchase but maybe not at retail price - I'd deffo wait for discount!

on 8/20/2015 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE at first swipe. I love how it gives me elegant glow and elevates my cheek bones. There are a lot of dupes out there but I think nothing comes close to the real product. The formula iw soft, buttery and the sheen is very subtle. I do have to make sure to only use it in small doses. The compact packs a lot of product, I reckon that it would last me for years!

on 8/2/2015 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a "like," not love, for me. I was really excited to get the bronze shimmer brick, but it's not as pigmented as you'd think, so it really is just a way to get shimmer and a very soft wash of color. If you're looking for a golden glow, try it. However, having had this for over a year, I don't reach for it very often, meaning it's not a must-have or even a favorite. I'd rather have a regular bronzer or a straight highlighting powder, to be frank. I've tried using a few of the stripes as eyeshadows, and although you can do that, they don't have the lasting power of a regular shadow. All in all, this shimmer brick is an optional product (for me, anyway) that is nice, but not thrilling. I can live without it. Probably won't buy again.

on 7/26/2015 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

So I received this in the mail about a week ago and I've been using it daily ever since. I was really hesitant about buying it at first since it's so expensive. But my favorite retailer was having a deal of 15 % off so I felt like the price was finally "right". I was so excited when first received it.

The box it came in looked exclusive and I felt it looked like a professional brand. The packaging is pretty, but I was expecting it to feel a little more luxurious. Maybe I had too high expectations, but for the price is sells for I was hoping for a bit more. The packaging is a bit bulky and takes up quite a lot of space, I was surprised as to how big it was. Also, the makeup pan inside was a bit crooked when I received it, so that may have attributed to the "cheap" feel. However, the mirror is really great because it's really big.

With that being said, I loved the shimmer brick. I think its really pigmented so you have to have a really light hand and I must say that I prefer this over MAC's Mineralize Skinfinishes in Global glow or Soft & Gente for that Bronzed glow. This isn't a glitter bomb like the MAC ones but does really make your cheeks glow. I love it! I also used it as an eyeshadow, some colors are more pigmented than the others I the most pigmented one is the darkest shade which I think is really pretty as an eyeshadow as well.

Overall, I really like this Shimmer Brick. It looks amazing on my cheeks when I'm tan. I used on top of my contour and blush, and it gives me a healthy shine that makes my skin look healthy. However, be careful if you have bumpy skin as shimmery and glittery products tend to highlight them and really make them noticeable.

I want to try the other colors as I feel they may look like a mineralize blush when applied to the cheeks. However, I will probably have to wait a bit since they're so expensive. Will I buy it again? I honestly don't know. I have a hard time seeing me even hit pan on this since it's som much product in it. I guess only time will tell.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This shimmer brick, which the packaging states was handmade in Italy, comes in 5 shades. The shades are arranged in ascending (or descending, depending on how you look at it) order of shade. I use it as a highlighter (which is what it is meant for) and as eyeshadow. As a highlighter, I use my Ecotools deluxe brush with a light hand and apply it on top of my cheekbones. I build up intensity if I want more glow. This highlighter glows and does not glitter. Some highlighters have far too much shimmer in them and the result is a disco ball. This powder is very finely milled so chunks of shimmer don't show up. As an eyeshadow, I spray MAC's Fix-it on my brush and dip it into the shade that I like. Spraying water on the brush works just as well. What this does is that it intensifies the colour. If you don't want the colour to be intense, you can use it right out of the brick. I absolutely love the last three shades as a lid colour. The lighter shades are good for the inner corners. I then use a dark brown matte shade for the crease and a matte black for the outer 'V' of my eyes. The result is a look that is not over-the-top and which stands out because of the strong lid colour. The shimmer brick is extremely fragile and will probably break into many pieces if it falls. You will probably be able to fix it with isopropyl alcohol but there's not way you'll be able to get the 5 solid colours that appear. So, do be careful if you are transporting this!

on 3/17/2015 8:54:00 AM

I was really excited to receive my Shimmerbrick but have to say that it has not really wowed me although a work colleague has asked whether I've been on the sunbed and my fiancÚ commented on my good complexion last night so maybe it's me being cynical. Here's a summary of what I think:

- Packaging fairly plain but with a good sized mirror
- Delivers a nice glow but I almost feel that it looks like a blush and can look overdone in the daytime if you are heavy-handed
- Can't really use as an eyeshadow as not pigmented enough
- White shimmer is good for cupid's bow
- Will exaggerate every small bump beneath your skin
- Fairly expensive for what it is although I imagine that it will last for a long time

I think I'll try the Mary Lou Manizer next!

on 5/1/2014 5:58:00 PM

This is one of my two HG bronzers. It's very sheer but buildable, and is an excellent choice for lighter skin tones that have trouble finding bronzers that don't make them look like oompa loompas. I use this constantly and am barely making a dent in the powder - and have dropped in a few times and it has survived. I have a lot of pink in my skin and this works perfectly for me - highly recommended.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is good if you are really pale and just wants to add a quick bronzed look to your face. It does add a gorgeous glow to your face. It is a bit shimmery and for the price, there are better highlighters out there. As with all Bobbi Brown products, it's a little over priced.

Please watch my spring look using this!

on 3/30/2014 2:19:00 PM

One of my desert island multi-purpose products that I especially love in the summer. People always complete me on my skin when I wear it. This is what I bring with me on vacation because it's so versatile and easy I use alone or over my blush for a soft warm glow. I also use it as eyeshadow. Love it.

on 12/28/2013 2:27:00 PM

Very nice for dusting all over your face for a warm radiance which is a fine shimmer and not glittery at all. Works well with my pale skin to warm it up a bit but there is no depth of pigment to be able to use it as a blusher or eyeshadow in my opinion.

Video Reviews & Tutorials