April 19, 2014 | 1788 users online

Eye Shadow - Tarte - Shimmer e/s NEW formulation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2006 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Astyra

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's such a shame they don't sell this line where I live. The shadows are really soft and pigmented. I currently own 3 - Here's Looking At You (taupe brown), The Real McCoy (plummy taupe), and M-M-M-My Sharona (teal with gold shimmer) and all of them are great. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2004 1:06:00 AM More reviews by sher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love Tarte's shimmer eyeshadows!! They are soft, blendable, and have great staying power. The colors are beautiful, unique, and very wearable. At $17, they aren't the most affordable eyeshadows around, but they are a luxury worthy of indulgence. I got the Social Butterfly palette and loved it so much that I ended up rushing out and buying 8 singles!

The lavender leatherette cases are easily the cutest packaging on the market. Let me just say - I depot everything. In fact, I will purposefully NOT buy eyeshadows that I like just because I can't put them in a palette. I even depotted my Lola eyeshadows (those have ultra cute packaging too). Tarte is the exception. This eyeshadow is worth the clutter of having separate little pots, as opposed to a palette. I would, however, like to see Tarte offer an empty palette and sell eyeshadow pans to fill it as the customer would like.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2004 11:20:00 AM More reviews by toolmom

Love these eyeshadows! I purchased "Bathtub Gin" in lieu of a color from another brand that was constantly out of stock. I am so glad I did! I've since purchsed 3 more Tarte e/s's with great results! They seem a little dusty when putting brush to pan - but go on beautifully and last forever. The color in the pan is very similar to the color once it goes on the eyelid - and the shadow is soft and easy to blend. I currently own Bath Tub Gin, Brown Derby, The Real McCoy, and Whisky a Go Go and I love them all! I wa a Nars fan but find Tarte to be much better quality and and prefer Tarte's packaging by far!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2004 1:03:00 PM More reviews by violetsprl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I stopped by the tarte counter at Bergdorf Goodman during last night's gift card event, mostly to check out the smooth operator foundation because it's gotten such good reviews. I was looking at the eyeshadows and noticed that the colors were completely different from what I remembered--a better range of wearable shades, IMO, but also the texture was totally different. I had bought their "hook-up" eyeshadow a few years ago and I loved the color--it was that perfect brown-taupe-plum shade (exactly what they described in this month's Lucky). But the formula was too dry and grainy, so I'd decided not to rebuy. Anyway, one of the MUAs told me that tarte had reformulated their shadows last year and redone all the shades as well. The names are cute as can be, too! And lucky me--she told me that "hook-up" was one of the colors from the old line that they'd decided to keep, only now it's called "the real mccoy." The shadows are much softer now--they go on great, I would definitely compare to Stila or Nars (two of my other faves for shadow). I was actually so impressed that I ended up buying one of their "social butterfly" eyeshadow palettes, too. I'm such a sucker and they're just too cute!! Anyway, I would definitely buy these again--for those of you who haven't tried their shadows in a while, it's worth a trip back to the counter.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2004 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Miss_Binky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I must first rave for Maureen Kelly, the founder of this line (and newer MUA member). SHe read my review for the old formulation recently and sent me one of the new colors to try, gratis. It's amazing to have a company that cares about us and their product that much! The week before I heard from Maureeen, I'd had an opportunity to play w/ these for a bit at Sephora and thought they needed more looking into-there was definitely a change in texture for the better and the color range was as awesome as the new names! When I recd the new shadow, I had to try it right away and am as thrilled as could be-this is one of the best ranges I have tried-the shadow is incredibly silky and the finish is gorgeous! I got Whisky a GoGo which is a med pinky toned bronze w/ goldish flecks-although it is not a duo tone, the amazing finish almost gives it that sort of effect as you turn your head side to side when applied wet! Next trip to Sephora will definitely be adding lots more of these to my arsenal! High recs for an awesome product!