Avon Instant Eye Smoother

2.7

on 7/1/2009 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Didn't luv this or hate it...it left my eye area feeling smooth but it left a residue and it wasn't hydrating.

I liked this product at first. It really did leave my eye area feeling smooth, and makeup applied like a dream over it. But after about a week or so of using it, I broke out in a rash all around my eye area and temples. Threw it away pronto!

on 7/19/2003 9:30:00 AM

This product works, but as stated before it seperates. I have tried shaking it and that helps some. It does smooth out the eye are for concealer but beware of the grains!

on 6/20/2003 12:25:00 PM

on 4/13/2003 4:22:00 PM

I have been using this product for about 3 years now, for mainly two reasons: 1) It has SPF, and 2) It's cheap. ! It works alright, the silicone in the formula is what makes it seem "smoothing." However, what is most annoying to me is that it always (*always*) separates between the clear serum-y silicone and the creamy white part in the tube, so when you squeeze it out, you sometimes get an "Aquafresh" toothpaste type of effect. The silicone serum will drip down your finger/hand and some of the white cream will still end up on your finger. The product will also often crystallize in the tube, too - meaning that you'll get a number of hardened particles (size of sand granules) in every other squirt. A little annoying, but the usable product which does end up on your eye is actually good. I think it's an alright cream, and I don't have a lot of wrinkles or dark circles to begin with (yet!) - so I've been buying this several tubes at a time from eBay Avon reps and using this for daytime. The silicone base is actually helpful for a nice smooth surface for applying makeup over. It's the SPF I'm really using it for. I think the sun would be more potentially damaging to the skin around my eyes than not having "perfect" moisturizer. ;)

on 2/3/2003 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

WHAT IS THE DEFINITION OF A "SMOOTHER"? WHATEVER THAT IS, THIS IS IT. IT DOES "SMOOTH" THE EYE AREA. IT DOESN'T CORRECT THE AGE CAVITIES, BUT IT DOES SOMETHING . AND UNDER MAKEUP IT CAN TAKE A YEAR OFF MY EYE AREA
AS IT HELPS TO COVER THE DARK CIRCLES.

on 1/28/2003 4:11:00 AM

This leaves a white film on my skin and I didn't notice any difference to the fine lines. Will not re-purchase this.

on 1/18/2003 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It really smooths my eye area, and isn't greasy-feeling. It seems to sink right into the skin and feels great!

on 2/1/2002 4:39:00 PM

Hated this product. Worked the first two times. But, then it didn't moisturize at all; thus not cutting the dryness or lines. I've since read it's silicone-based, and just kinda sits there, and just like silicone hair products, ends up drying the area out instead. It also turned foul smelling and separated into a brown liquid and an orange solid part within two months, despite being stored in a closet.

on 1/23/2002 10:51:00 PM

I really didn't like this... it didn't seem to do much "smoothing" of my eye area, and I noticed that after I applied my makeup, there was a white chalky looking residue under my eyes. I threw it away.