Bare Escentuals Well Rested

3.9

Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Kaolin, Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 7/23/2015 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I tried a decent sized sample of this and was able to determine that this doesn't work for me. I had hoped that since it is a yellow powder -- it would brighten my undereye area. I LOVE Mineral Veil powder and it has never settled into my lines. This product didn't do anything except for accentuate the lines under my eyes. No thanks. :(

on 7/23/2015 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to like this. It came very highly recommended. (EmilyNoel83 anyone?) I thought I would use this as a powder to set my under-eye concealer with. It does have a good amount of coverage and the color is a nice corrective yellow, helpful for those of us with purple or blue circles. The problem, though, is that this is packed with sparkles/shimmer. The shimmer does throw a good bit of light to that area, but it makes my under-eye area look positively lizard like! All scaly and gross, and every fine line is highlighted. This is on top of my regular concealer, mind you. Ugh. I'm much better off using my favorite Smashbox Halo powder under my eyes, it makes them look smooth and airbrushed and doesn't highlight every flaw.

Did I get a bad product? No one else seems to talk about the shimmer. Maybe it looks good on younger skin and it's not as noticeable.

on 3/31/2015 11:59:00 AM

This mineral eye brightening product is easy to use.

I found that it can look cakey, if used too heavily. I also found when I applied it over my sunscreen (which can sometimes be greasy looking) that it had a really nice finish.

The yellow tone was less brightening for me, since I am already quite pale. It is almost an exactly match for my skin tone, if applied with a sheer, buffed out layer. I ended up using this all over my face on occasion, when I didn't want to bring my separate foundation.

It is good at covering dark/blue-ish tones, but less so for warm red tones.

on 3/22/2015 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This concealer is my life.

I can't believe how great this product is, it still blows my mind. It works well with the bare minerals power, but also with my liquid foundations as well! You just have to be careful to blend it out as it can look cakey if you're not careful. I don't have wrinkles but i do have slight fine lines under my eyes when i'm tired but it doesn't settle it them and keeps everything very smooth. I apply this with an old flat top eye shadow brush from NARS that i completely forgot about. Also incredibly handy if you're sporting a hangover from hell and you don't want people to know... not that that ever happens to me HA!

on 12/8/2014 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is great under my eyes. It will make you look crusty or cakey, even bring out fine lines, if you use too much. A very light layer on a big fluffy brush works well for me. It brightens a little bit, but mostly I like it because it's wonderful at hiding redness. I usually have redness around my eyes and nose. It also can conceal small breakouts and splotches on the cheeks. It is a loose powder, but feels a little more "sticky" and stays all day. REALLY! I am pleased so far and will probably be buying more when I run out...whenever that will be because it has lasted quite a while!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely loved the full-ish coverage, but it quite clearly hates me.

It's rather cakey but what is worse, is that it immediately sinks into the wrinkles I've earned and suddenly my face is saying "Hey...You there! Yes, you! Wanna come and see my wrinkles?"

Wrinkles are wrinkles and I'm good with that. I just don't need them to be center stage on the theatre that is my skin.

It doesn't smell of anything, and the click-lock thingy always trips me up anyway. For me it's just not worth the effort, but I have to give it 3 points because I'd imagine on younger and adequately nourished skin it would probably make a cream concealer and foundation redundant (colour matching notwithstanding).

Off to the "Mummy is awesome cos she gives us makeup" drawer.

on 10/19/2014 2:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I was very excited to receive BE well-rested concealer since I have been super content with the BE original foundation and their mascaras.
I do love the application, it also sets wonderfully and really neutralizes the blue under eye circle color. However, I have fair pinky skin tone and unfortunately the color is a bit too dark and too yellowy for me. I can still use it as a base concealer but I definitely have to put something on the top. Basically it is the one and only con for it. I wish there was another mineral powder under eye concealer that would match my skin color!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HOLY GRAIL product. If i could only have 1 makeup product ever, this would be it. I will repurchase this over & over.

I use this to cover blemises & acne scars - the yellow tone of it covers perfectly & you can easily touch up with it later in the day because it doesn't get cakey like other concealers do throughout the day.

on 9/3/2014 4:02:00 AM

Not a huge fan of this I find it really cakes up under my eyes even though I use a small amount.
Might be better for dry skin or minimal makeup.

on 8/29/2014 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I wanted to use this to set my concealer as I heard it works well but I find it to be very light and not translucent enough. It even causes my concealer to crease even though it usually does not.

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products