September 22, 2014 | 1240 users online

Skincare - Face - Korres - Lemon Anti-Shine Gel

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2005 1:15:00 PM More reviews by mary32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

it does not mattify, and it is full of alcohol and other irritating ingredients

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2005 11:55:00 PM More reviews by nanciixd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i thought this product would work but instead it didn't do much, in about 2 hrs later my face would be super oily again and after using it i began to notice more breakouts

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2005 7:57:00 PM More reviews by edenssixthday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lemon "Anti-Shine" is a misnomer. The product made my skin look like I'd glossed hair gel over it. The mattifying effect was non-existant. It was difficult to dispense a reasonable amount from the pump. The product balled up on me, and I don't even wear powder or foundation under or over it. I'd rather keep blotting away with my Clean & Clear Oil-Blotting sheets. The trial size I bought was only $5, but that would have been much better-spent almost anywhere else.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2005 9:14:00 AM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Rather disappointed in this- it just doesn't deliver what it says it will. I got better results (only slightly mind) with Origins Matte Scientist. It works better during the evening , because my face isn't quite so greasy after the day & sunscreen, but not enough to make this an effective purchase. I also tried mixing it with the Pomegranate mosturiser which I really like but that did nothing too. Shame on you Korres 18 for a teeny tube of lemon water gel.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2005 12:43:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Anti-Shine? You've got to be kidding me. I'm extremely oily, but immediately after washing my face, I'm fairly matte (for a few minutes, anyway!) - well, after applying this in a thin layer, I looked like I'd been glazed by Krispy Kreme. Every pore magnified. Complete disaster. Even busting out the loose powder did nothing to tone down this glossy mess.
I got this product as a multi-use sample, but I'll likely be throwing the rest of it in the trash. I liked the nice scent, but this is a very watery product. Makes it easy to spread, but such a thin product has no hope against my oil, especially when it's shiny before my oil production even kicks in. Grade: F. I've never found a no-silicone mattifer that worked, and this is no exception. Back to Clinique's Pore Minimizing Instant Perfector. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2005 7:59:00 PM More reviews by helg

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lemon water fragranced anti-shine gel to efresh and matify the oily skin aspect. Comes in a quite large tube containing 30ml ( 1oz) that should last you a long time. Completely devoid of silicones, mineral oils and propylene glycol as is the whole line.

"Lemon , orange and grapefruit microbeads form a vegetable talc which blends with curcubita pepo (pumpkin) extract to absorb excess sebum and reduce cutaneous shine. The synergy of Zinc and Grapefruit extract results in effecient sebum regulation and anti-bacterial protection".
This is to be used after daily cleansing , all over face avoiding eyes and alone or BEFORE face cream. (contrary to usual silicone primers). You should allow it to dry completely for a couple of minutes before applying cream or make up.

The list of the ingredients is choke-full of natural extracts. And it smells wonderful! ( something essential for me )
The reason I substract lippies is because it is a bit runny and not traditionally mattifying like silicone primers are (instant matte). Considering I don't really need much quantity ( having combo skin ) this is a bit annoying. But other than that, good product.
continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2005 12:38:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

What does this do for ya??? Exactly nothing for me. I have more oily than combo skin. This did nada to stop the oil slick I usually have within 3 hours after I wash my face. Love the smell and the texture, but waste of time/$$ for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2005 3:39:00 PM More reviews by LaurenMarie

This product worked very well on my oily skin. I stayed shine-free for most of the day which is amazing for me. I love the fresh scent and it feels good on my skin. If you try this poduct though, you must remeber to let it sit for at least 3 minutes before putting anything on top of it. If you don't, it will start pilling. One more tip.. you only need to press the dispenser down a little bit. If you press all the way, you'll end up with 3 times more that you need. In the end, this product def does keep its promise! It was refreshing and gave me beautiful matte skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2004 8:53:00 PM More reviews by miraclebra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really do not like this at all. I am shinier after putting it on! I have the small trial size and have difficulty with too much splurting out of the pump, even when I'm super-duper careful. It also doesn't spread very well. The packaging is cute, but ineffective. I paid $5 for this at Sephora and would definitely not repurchase. Much better luck with some of Clinique's mattifiers.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2004 3:31:00 AM More reviews by dgiota

It's simply fantastic! I love using it before a night out...