December 20, 2014 | 1601 users online

Hair Treatments - The Body Shop - brazil nut moisture mask

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by sprinkle9

So one day I woke up and I was about to curl my hair when I noticed my hair needed more shine it just looked like blah. I didn't know what to do to it. Then about a week later I went to the store and found this hair mask so I decided to give it a try. It comes in a tub wich for me is very helpful when in the shower. The instructions say to wet your hair then apply the mask and put your hair up in a shower cap for 15-20 minutes. What I did was dampen my hair apply the mask focusing more on my ends then I wrapped it in a towel and got into the shower. I made sure the water was really warm so that the steam would help the mask out a bit. After 20 minutes I washed my hair and I didn't notice any difference. It just smelled good like the mask. After I styled my hair that was when I noticed my hair had a lot more shine and it had more volume. It looked healthy. I use it once a week. And my hair is always looking great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by underage

I'm so sad this is being reformulated! I had no idea! I use this mask on my hair every once in a while when I feel my hair getting very dry. I put a good amount on and sit with a towel on my head for about half and hour. Then I wash my hair out with shampoo & conditioner. Make sure you do this or else your hair will be greasy and smell (unless you like the smell of brazil nut haha). It leaves your hair SO soft and repaired. I have dark brown hair and have been bleaching it for over a year. This completely repairs it. Definitely try it if you can get your hands on this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 4:19:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mask did very little to nourish my dry hair. But it did have a very powerful scent that I didn't like much. So it's a no-winner for me. Definitely cured me from wasting money on TBS hair products.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2010 4:02:00 AM More reviews by alyola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i bought this product with great hope after using conditioner.but mask is a definetly waste of time and money.It does not smell good and it did not soften my hair.it felt like my hair was sticky and hard after this mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 6:27:00 AM More reviews by hahatopistol

Oh how I miss you! A wonderful hair mask at a great price. This stuff would leave my hair looking fabulous for days after using it.

My only gripe would be the packaging. It was kind of a pain and I'd always end up feeling like I'd wasted product. Still, I am so sad that Body Shop is "reformulating" their hair care line and took this away from me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by xoEMMAox

i believe most people who ran into problems with this product have used it wrong.. unfortunately, with this product your not going to see results instantaneously. And yes, the tub is a big pain in the butt. However i've been using this for about six months now and my hair is soooo much healthier! i used to be bleach blonde for about 4 years, so my hair was....worse than dry, to say the least. after trimming and trimming and more trimming just did nothing, they suggested using treatments, this was the first one i used and i also bought the brazil nut define & no frizz for after the shower. The two together work pretty well, and the latter is also a heat protecting agent.
What i do is wet my hair, put the treatment only on the effected areas, wrap it up in my turbee twist (lol) and go watch some tv for about half an hour. I shampoo with an anti-residue shampoo from Neutrogena (that i wont be buying again because they test on animals), follow up with some live clean argan oil conditioner, the after shower stuff... and my hair is pretty good!

i only use this mask about once a week, if i even remember. oh, and the smell isnt that bad at all... imo ??

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Erresistable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very good product! I bought a tub of it months ago, and I (try) to use it twice a week. It really helps out with my chemical/heat damage. I highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by flower0614

i have to say, i love this product!!!! the reviewers who hate it have been using it the wrong way!
its a pre-shampoo mask, so you put on before you go to shower and shampoo + condition hair as usually.
i have extremely dry/damaged hair, this actually saved my hair.
it made my hair softer, smoother and the difference is defintely noticable!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2010 9:32:00 AM More reviews by CrazyCat15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

ok these are FIRST IMPRESSIONS. (will update)

The smell is AMAZING i have only used it once, it hydrated my hair pretty well- but time will tell just HOW WELL. felt rich when applying. It says you can leave it on over night too so i may try that!

haven't had any greasy like feelings yet like the previous reviewer but then i have very dehydrated hair that is frizzy crispy curly mess lol

more to follow..

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by pussinboots10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fortunately I tried this product as a sample from the Body Shop and didn't buy a full tub. I do like Body Shop products as a rule but this made my hair so greasy it was awful. I wouldn't use this again.