July 24, 2014 | 1847 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - YDK eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by ChEyEnNeAnNeTtE

This shade was my switch-up for when I began to run out of Sidecar after I bought my Naked 2 palette, and even though I swore I wouldn't find a better glitter shade than that one, this is so much better. It's got so much shimmery, glittery fun I wouldn't be able to help myself if I ran out. It would be in my shopping bag in the blink of an eye, because my glitter looks wouldn't be the same without it. There's quite a lot of fallout with this one, but that's to be expected from a glitter and can be minimized by patting it on instead of swiping. It wears well with primer on me and is the exact quality I've come to expect from UD. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by 1017

So I have had this and liked it in my Naked 2 palette. But I was downsizing for a recent trip and wanted a simple quad (making one from the UD cases). I had Naked & Sin, Laced & ???. I couldn't decide what to put in there. A great wash would have been nice, but I have a ton of "Foxy" in other palettes and didn't want to bring it. I had ABC Gum in there, but it was too yellow now for winter on me. Plus my fave wash shade is not UD (NYX Lap Dance). When playing with my N2 palette I put on YDK and realized that this plummy hued taupey metallic shade would be gorgeous with the whole purple, pink hues I was planning to wear on my trip. And YDK looks AMAZING with Laced...stunning. So soft and easy, but still done. Also, a note on these purpley taupes - I have trouble with shades like this emphasizing my dark under eye circles (hello, MAC Satin Taupe, I am talking to you). But I do not have this issue with YDK. It is neutral enough to avoid that. While I am mad at myself for buying the single when one is still in my N2 palette I am really excited to use my new quad though :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by marquita19

love this color! it's the perfect brown that brings out my brown eyes. I've been wearing just this as a wash lately and just love how it makes my eyes pop. it had some shimmer to it very minimal fall out.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Sabsumaiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this colour, because when I saw swatches, it really did look beautiful. But it just does not show up on my eyelids AT ALL!! Okay, granted I do have discoloured eyelids, but I don't think that is the problem, since I can usually get most other colours to show up. I just find that it's more glitter and less colour, so by the time I feel like I've picked up enough product to get a decent application, there is just a fallout mess. I have this in my Naked 2 palette, and it is the one colour I have tried time and time again to use, but every single time, it's just been the same glittery mess. I am dark skinned, NC42 for reference, so maybe the colour itself isn't for my skin colour to start with, but the fact that I cannot for the lift of me get it to show up?? Seriously, big disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by trolvachanah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my all time favorite neutral eyeshadows.Shimmery taupe shade looks great with MAC fairylite pigment on browbones and mac teddy eye kohl or just by itself. I just hope UD doesn't d/c this eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG eyeshadow. It lasts forever. Over my primer I get at least 8 hours from it. There is absolutely no fallout. The color is so complimentary for my green/grey eyes and it is something that can be worn with most light eye colors. It is also versatile, I wear it to work, day trips or going out at night without a problem. I often pair it with a rose/gold color and get many compliments on it. This is by far my favorite shadow and I believe it is worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by scrowley2328

I am usually a palette girl because I like having a selection and sometimes individual ones can just be too much product for me. That being said, YDK (along with some other mac brown/golds) is one of my only individual eyeshadows. This color is absolutely gorgeous. I wear this alone or mix to make a brown smokey eye. It is perfect for daytime and nighttime which is why I enjoy it so much. There is no fallout and the perfect amount of sparkle/shimmer. If you're into more of matte e/s then I do not rec this for you. It is a little pricey but I have yet to find a drugstore alternative that matches it perfectly, until then I will continue to buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by strokegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is absolutely beautiful and is awesome with my blue eyes. I have worn this color every day since my original purchase a year ago, and I have just recently hit "pan" on this. I get very bored very quickly with eyeshadow until now. I use the UD primer and then this shadow, and the color stays true and last through the whole day. I find it applies perfectly with hardly any fall out. I receive alot of compliments on how my eye color stands out, not how my eyeshadow stands out, which is my goal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely gorgeous. I prefer matte eyeshadows over shimmers, but this is one shimmery shade I'll never shy away from. Versatile light browny bronze, a regular go-to in my collection. Wearing it right now! Brightens me right up. There aren't many UD shades I would happily shell out $18 for, but this is one of them. Too bad I can't see myself ever hitting pan with this, haha.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by gimmeglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Favorite ES, use almost everyday. I was first introduced to it when I purchased the Naked 2 palette 3 months ago. I've used it so much that I am almost out of it already and will be repurchasing the single eyeshadow. It's the one eyeshadow I can pair with just a brow highlight and I'm good to go. Definitely recommend.