September 22, 2014 | 1263 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Sephora - SuperStars - Super Supreme Body Butter

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by echoluster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used a sample of this. People like the scent? I couldn't get past it. It was chemical-y, like the scent equivalent of nails on a chalkboard. The scent was so off-putting to me that I couldn't even get to whether or not this was a good body butter.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by mushroom8118

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It's rich, hydrating, and smells wonderful. I love slathering this on after shower or a long bath. It's very thick, but spreads easily on my skin. On application, it's a bit sticky but it absorbs quickly. Because it's so big, it will last for a long time. Keeps me hydrated but not sticky or funky. The butter smells divine. It dries into the skin quickly, is not oily and the divine smell I mentioned could be described as light and clean "shower" scent. It's quite fresh. It doesn’t contain nasty stuff such as parabens or sulphates. This Super Supreme Body Butter is definitely on my Sephora shopping list. I bought 2 tub of 470ml size; one for home and one for office. I've had mine for over 2 months (home tub opened on 5/12/2013 during my birthday), and I still have ˝ tub left at home, which is a surprise considering I moisturize every morning after shower and at night before going to bed. Considering that I am quite generous with my application due to my dry skin condition on my legs and arms. It's super emollient and goes a long way (due to the thick texture). The tub is two times the size of most of my other body butters (Bodyshop & Victoria Secret), and for the same price of MYR83.00 per tub here I consider it a good buy. Definitely one of my favourites!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by GlamDiva

This review is for the Sephora body butter product being sold in mid-2012. It no longer says Super Stars on it, just Super Supreme Body Butter, so I suspect they may have changed the formula recently. Despite that silicones are down on the list of ingredients, it seems that this body butter is full of silicones. It goes on smoothly and dries very quickly within about 5 minutes, leaving the sensation of dryness and silicones all over the skin. Smooth yes, natural no, nourished no, moist no. It's not like the TBS or Bliss body butters that are very emollient and stay that way for a much longer time. Just depends on what you're looking for I guess, but I wasn't expecting the silicone feel and didn't care for it. Big honking jar, just under 16 oz, which would actually be luxurious if the product had been more richly emollient. Wish I'd saved my money and gotten TBS or Bliss instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by lala85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This body butter moisturizes really really well. One thing that drives me crazy about most body butters (body shop included) is that they leave a greasy residue; this one absorbs quickly and leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft. Works great on my feet too, which, since having my daughter last year, are especially dry.
My only minor complaint is the fragrance, it's kind of odd. I can't really put my finger on it. Fortunately the scent is very short-lived, and within an hour of applying, I can no longer smell it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This is the best body butter I've ever tried! I received a sample and used on my feet during the summer. It was amazing. Every morning my feet were silky soft. When winter came I bought the whole tub, which is huge. I've been using it all over and love it. It sinks in & my skin hasn't been dry all winter. As for the scent.. to me it smells like a clean cologne my husband would wear. It goes away quickly and doesn't compete with my perfume. Only thing that would make this better would be to have an unscented version along with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by LILYLOO

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This leaves my skin absolutely silky and smooth. 'Nuff said! ....Well okay, maybe one more thing, the smell isn't for everyone, but if you do like the smell, you'll probably love this lotion. It is seriously moisturizing. I do scoop some out into a smaller container for daily use because the tub is humongous. I love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by gpatrick

What a value! I don't make it to my Sephora store very often, so ordering online tends to be hit or miss. (Their return policy beats all bar none). The tub is huge. To complain about it for sanitation reasons is petty. I wouldn't want a pump for something so rich and thick. The scent was what inhibited me for the longest time. Some reviews call it "lemony" and to others it's "musky". If I put it on at night it seeps in well and doesn't rub off too bad. To ME, in the morning it smells like a mix of Armani code for men and women, so I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by truepeace72

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I typically use extra virgin coconut oil to moisturize my skin. However, in the winter I need an alternative that doesn't require me to melt it given coconut oil turns solid when it gets cold. I visited Sephora and the SA and customers raved about this product. I decided to give it a try and I have to say that it really is a great body butter. I love the feel and smell of The Body Shop butters but after using a few days my skin feels dry and I have to switch up my moisturizer. That is not the case with his product. My skin is silky smooth until I shower again. I wil definitely be using this during the winter months and when I don't have enough time to melt my coconut oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff. I wasn't even shopping for body care stuff when the SA encouraged me to try this. I put some on my arm and left the store with my purchases but all afternoon, I kept feeling the smoothness of my arm - it was that noticeable - and I loved the gentle, fresh scent of this cream. I went back the next day and bought 2 - one for me and one for a friend who will love it, I am sure. This is my absolute favourite body butter.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Ohhsoosmooth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dry skin peeps unite! This body butter is great and I LOVE the clean smell instead of the fruity, cookie or flower odors offered in other creams. Sephora was out of this for the holidays and my skin is suffering. I hope they never discontinue this!