LUSH Aqua Marina Cleansing Roll

3.7

* Glycerine, * Calamine Powder, * Kaolin, * Irish Moss Infusion (Chondrus crispus), * Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), * Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), * Nori Seaweed (Fucus vesiculosus), * Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus dulcis), * Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), * Carrageenan, * Perfume.

This was a nice, gentle cleanser which I used in the morning, it leaves my face clean but not stripped of moisture - although my skin has a slightly weird rubbery feel to it after I rinsed it off. What I found not so pleasant is that the use is quite messy - scooping the right amount out of the tub is kind of an art, and also, spreading it evenly over the skin is something I had to practice for a while. My tub is now empty, and I won´t really miss it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have very sensitive skin. If I use any cleanser I instantly get red all over my cheeks. My skin is very picky and I could only use "calming" products. I'm in love with LUSH. I've tried multiple cleansers. But, hands down Aqua Marina is by far my favorite. If you get red easily you definitely need to use this cleanser. It's so gentle and I always wake up with the softest skin. I love that it's pink and there's seaweed in it throughout the roll. This is definitely a must try product. I haven't had any issues. My skin doesn't break out. Just the casual hormonal acne each month but it's very minimal. This product is so gentle and doesn't cause acne. 10/10

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

PROS:
1. Fun to use. I love working with messy things. In this case, all one needs is to rinse!
2. Pleasant smell. I know I'm in the minority here, but I enjoy Lush's take on the ocean. The smell doesn't linger anyway.
3. Bang for your buck. The small tub is more than enough.
4. Reduces redness and swelling. No other cleanser has helped me in that respect.
5. "Frees" pores. I leave it on for 15 minutes; wipe off; notice "white black heads" (name?) popping out, and whiteheads super easy to pop (with proper tool).
6. Non-drying. Or well... I have dry skin and AM clears sweat and oil from the day without making my face crack or produce excess sebum.

CONS:
1. Requires more time and effort. Gotta pinch it out of the tub with dry hands, lest you ruin the formula before its time.
2. Filmy. Leaves a thin, white layer. Have to wipe it off with a moist towel.
3. Seaweed. I love the concept, but AM's just... sits there... Won't dissolve or exfoliate.
4. Makeup stays on. Yeah, I'd recommend using a makeup remover or micellar water prior to AM.

ALL IN ALL:
Aqua Marina doesn't work for me as a daily cleanser, but I'm keeping this as a staple in my twice-a-week acne treatment.

I can't believe the low rating (to me it's low) for aqua marina! I ♡ this cleanser. My skin is acne prone, oily, and can get dry patches/flakey at times.

I see many reviews complaining about the scent being "fishy", honestly I didn't think it was fishy. It wasn't very appealing at first, but it didn't bother me either. Now, I love the scent (I know I'm a minority here).

Ingredients are fantastic. Glycerin is the first ingredient, which is great because it helps skin with moisture, softness, and all the good stuff. Next is calamine and kaolin. Calamine is great for any redness, and skin irritation, as it calms the skin down. Kaolin is a lovely clay that helps clean your pores out. Thats just the first three ingredients. It also has some seaweed in there, which is pretty cool and apparently good for your skin. The ingredient list is short, but contains all the goodies for your skin. The one thing I'm not a fan of is the fragrance. I would prefer no added fragrance in my cleanser.

This has calmed the redness in my skin a lot, although it's not completely gone. It's also reduced my acne and blackheads by A LOT. Seriously. I used to have maybe 10 or more pimples/cysts going on at one time with a new breakout daily. Now I break out much less. I have a lot of acne scars, and they seem to be getting slightly better. This is happening SUPER slowly though, and I am not sure if I have aqua marina to thank or my moisturiser.

The seaweed is not "cut up" and incorporated into the cleanser as I would like it to be, so I took a spoon and just cut it up and mashed everything around to mix it well. I find this is way better and easier than leaving it as is. I attached a photo of my pot.

I find the easiest way to get the most out of the cleanser is to wet my face then take a bit more than a pea sized amount in my palm. Then I wet my fingers and hold the ball of cleanser with my fingers and rub it all other my face. I massage it in then wait about 30 seconds to a minute and wash it off. My skin is clean, fresh, and doesn't feel squeaky clean which I appreciate.

The price deterred me at first, but honestly It is worth it. Clear, healthy skin is worth it to me. Plus it's not loaded with chemicals and crap.

I highly recommend trying this cleanser out. You can always just a grab a sample first. You have nothing to lose. You can always return or exchange it at lush within 31 days.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have dry and sensitive skin and Aqua Marina Cleansing role neither dries out nor irritates my skin. It claims to help reduce redness and it does in fact fulfill this claim. Aqua Marina is a seaweed, chamomile and kaolin based cleanser which comes in a baby-pink coloured roll, wrapped in nori seaweed. It is a soft, squishy consistency. You simply dampen your face, pink a pea-sized amount of Aqua Marina out of the tub and water it down until it is a milky-paste consistency. Then rub over your damp face and rinse. I find it easy to use. It leaves my skin soft and smooth, and feeling clean. I then follow up with toner and moisturiser. It helped clear my skin of redness, clean my pores and clear my pimples. Aqua Marina has very fine sea salt in it which provides the mildest of exfoliation. Mine does not smell overly 'fishy' though this may depend on the amount of seaweed your tub contains. This is a really lovely cleanser and I would repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I admit as having a combination skin I cleanse my skin with another soap before getting my hands on this product. It feels like specially now that the winter is becoming more harsh up here in Finland that this product gives the extra pinch of moisture that my skin requires. It also softens and evens out the skin. Overall I will continue using this product.

This cleaner is not a best friend of my face at all. I love Angel on Bare Skin and Let's the good time roll. This on sting and very drying my skin out so I went in to return this. Smell not great at all. Not good for me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have dry, sensitive skin...so this product is not for me. It wasn't awful, it just wasn't much of anything. It definitely didn't clean my skin....it didn't exfoliate it either. It burned a little, and it didn't leave it very soft either. All in all, just a very meh product.

I've been using Aqua Marina for over a year now, and I though wouldn't by any stretch say that it's a miracle cure for my hormonal acne/dry skin, it helps smooth and rid my skin of dry flakes. I use it only in the morning while I shower so that my skin softens and let it soak on my face while I wash my hair etc. After I rinse it off it feels like there's a sort of clay-like film, and when I rub my fingers over my face (gently) all of my dry skin rolls right off so that when I put on my makeup it is smooth and free from flaky dry skin. So no, it hasn't done much for clearing up my acne, but because of the method I use, I would say it makes my skin smoother and less dry.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this product at Lush as I wanted a new cleanser, and out of the entire shop it was one of the cheapest. I didn't mind the smell and I thought the idea of the nori in it was somewhat clever. I have acne prone skin and an oily T-zone. I was so excited to try it because of all the hype surrounding Lush and their natural products. I rubbed a bit on my hand with water until it was a paste. It left my skin feeling wonderful and soft and as I had some left over, I rubbed it on my back absentmindedly. I had one or two pimples on my forehead at the time and my skin was finally starting to clear up. However, when I woke up the next morning I had broken out all over again (and on my back, where I had applied it!) I am quite annoyed as it was an expensive product, however I'll probably give it to my sister because I won't be able to use it anymore.