February 1, 2015 | 1657 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Aqua Marina Cleansing Roll

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2015 11:21:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really loving this stuff. It's like washing with a creamy calamine mask. Does not irritate skin. Does control oil but my skin still gets dry though. I need to drink more water, it's probably the only answer. The stuff is really pretty gross, but i really look forward to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2015 3:42:00 PM More reviews by bubbelbad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

*sorry for the long review, up front*
I used the same $4 face wash for years. It wasn't fantastic, just basic, so I wanted to try something more on the fancy side. I didn't know which face wash from Lush would be suited for my skin (oily t-zone, the rest is normal to dry) so I asked a saleswoman. I wasn't sure whether to get Aqua Marina or Angels On Bare Skin, so she showed me on my hand and with some water what the difference was. AOBS would leave your skin feeling softer and moisturized which was nice, but it wouldn't help my t-zone at all. Aqua Marina would make your skin feel more 'rough'-feeling and slighty dry, so with my skin I would have to apply moisturizer immediately but it would help mattify my t-zone. I chose the latter, because I was kinda sick of shining bright like a diamond.

I read in reviews that it would be good for reducing rosacea, too. I have *slight* rosacea (I think) on my cheeks, but this didn't necessarily help reduce that - although I do have to mention that the redness in my face became a lot less since I started to use coconut oil as a moisturizer some time ago (my BIG TIP for those with rosaecea!! Start using natural skincare!). If you're used to using more chemical-based skincare though, no doubt in my mind that this would make a big difference! It does in fact also help mattify my face which I love!!

It's a mild cleanser, but it does the job REALLY WELL. How I do the process: I make a paste with water, put it in different sections of my face and 'scrub' it in circular motions. And call me crazy, but when I use this around my nose I swear I can feel the filth pop out of my pores! It leaves my skin (both looking and feeling) smooth and clean! However, IT IS NOT MEANT TO TAKE OFF MAKE-UP!!

As for the drying part for which the saleswoman warned me: it is a lot better than I expected! I don't have the OHMYGODMYSKINNEEDSMOISTURE-feeling after this at all. If you have extremely dry skin that might be an issue, though.

I don't care much for the packaging. If I am, it is for the better - the whole 'making a little paste of it' is somewhat more adventurous than the normal 'squeezing it out of a tube' - silly, I know. But hey, anything to motivate cleansing your face, right? I don't have the feeling that it's unsanitairy either - and if it would bug you that much, just put some of it in a tinier container so you don't have to dip your finger in and out everytime.

When I first bought the pot I thought 'How in the world is this going to last me 3 months??' but afer 3,5 months and daily use it's still far from empty!

BOTTOM LINE:
Helps mattify oily skin, but not bad for normal/dry skin. Helps reduce rosacea. Cleanses your face amazingly but is not for removing make-up. Will last you more than 3 months. Cruelty- and paraben free. Will repurchase until the end of time. DO RECOMMEND!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by exoxm90

I really like this product from Lush. It has a very soothing smell to it and it feels very gentle and soft on my skin. The only problem i have is the amount i have to use in order for it to wash my face efficiently and considering the price of one of these it may be quite pricey so i usually alternate in using these. It doesn't make my skin feel really dry but it does have a squeaky clean feel to it, but if you put mosturizer on that it would be fine. I would definitely repurchase this once i run out because it's one of the best cleansers i have ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2014 7:38:00 AM More reviews by MartaCarlos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Aqua marina works wonders for my sensitive acne prone skin. It does not remove make-up so I prefer to use it in the morning. I just spread it on my face before I enter the shower, let the steam help the product, remove it and I have a matte and clean complexion.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Serena98

Lush's let the good times roll is one of my holy grail cleansers, and as I've tried most of their other cleansers I thought I'd give this one a whirl. I only got a sample as the full size of these cleansers do last a long time and if I didn't like it I didn't want to commit to finishing a whole pot. It has a squidgy mousse like texture and turns slightly milky when you add water. It's very gentle and cleansed my skin nicely but I found that after I'd dried my face my skin looked very dull and grey as though I hadn't even washed it. I'll be sticking to LTGTR

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by NicoleMarks

Ewww Lush!

Really didn't like this product at all. I have oily, sensitive and breakout-prone skin and this cleanser is not suitable for my skin.

Firstly, the cleanser comes in a tub, which I find unhygienic as I have to keep dipping my hands in the product. Secondly, the product itself is messy to use.

Also, the cleanser just doesn't work for me. It doesn't rinse off well and kinda leaves a film on my skin. After 2 days I got loads of clogged pores from this! I threw this one away without finishing the product.

More of my detailed ranting on this cleanser on my beauty blog http://pockmarkfats.blogspot.com

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by dyjaee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My second tub of this and I never repurchase anything.
I always love to switch things up even if they work great.
But, this I can NOT switch away from.
So gentle and calming for my skin.
The only thing is if your going to add fragrance... please make it smell good.
Smells so bad ...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the 3rd cleanser I use from LUSH. Previously I'd used Herbalism and Dark Angels both of wish I enjoyed. I think one thing needs to be clarified: this is NOT a makeup remover. If you're looking for remover-cleanser together try something like Neutrogena Naturals Cleanser + Makeup Remover.

That being said, this is an excellent cleanser for the skin. Since it does not remove makeup I use it only in the mornings when my skin is free of makeup and needs to be soothed from the night before. This is excellent for this. I don't have sensitive skin or rosacea but if you do you might absolutely love this. It's very soothing and calming, not abrasive at all. It's not a soap and it doesn't foam so it took me a few times to get used to the lack of 'squeaky clean' feel soap cleansers leave. After finding out that is actually bad for you and with getting older I find this is excellent for that purpose. To tell the truth I've been using it about 3 weeks and I've yet to get a pimple which I usually do. Excellent stuff, I highly recommend you get a sample and try it for yourself.

How to use: place a dime-size chunk on the palm of your hand and add a small amount of water. You're going to work the product and the water together until it's pasty. Rub it between your hands and on your face. I even use it over my eyes and it doesn't sting. Massage in skin for a few seconds and rinse off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

I use this in the morning as my facial cleanser. It is very soothing and calming to my sensitive skin. I don't think this would be effective to remove makeup and it does have a weird smell, like many Lush products. If you have sensitive skin this may be the one for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by CuteMo

This is kind of an awkward review because as a cleanser, I find this does not work at all. I wear very little makeup but this stuff didn't even take off the powder I was wearing. That being said, my skin did react well to it. My skin usually has a bit of redness to it but the Aqua Marina calmed it down considerably. The day I got this sample, I had a cystic pimple forming (which I rarely get), but it went away so much faster than ever before. My only other gripe with this is the scent. I don't normally like to buy LUSH because their stuff is so heavily scented and contain parabens, but I might make an exception for this product.

Overall, I'd use this as a mask rather than a cleanser.