July 31, 2014 | 1892 users online

Toners - Nivea - Nivea Young Freshen Up toner

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by wubaduckie

I'm writing this review for the 'Nivea Visage Young Stay Clear! Purifying Toner' (which I believe the photo on this review page is) for combination & oily skin.

I bought this a long time ago but I had it sitting around for a while before I picked it up again and I've been using it for the past year. Initially, I hated the toner. I felt toning was an unnecessary step but it was also because the previous toner I used had cleaned better than this. However, my skin is not as oily as my teenaged years and I find this removes remnants of dirt and makeup well and doesn't dry out my skin.

The product has a pleasant aquatic smell but I don't particularly care for it. I'm almost finish with this product and I won't be repurchasing because I'm meaning to go back to witch hazel.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Camilla00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This toner feels incredibly refreshing on your face and is reasonably priced and made my skin feel clean and fresh, but after I finish this toner I'm going to try out a new one as I do have acne prone skin and have read a lot of other reviewers saying their skin has broken out after using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by chrispookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely in love with this product! It feels very light on my skin and isn't harsh at all! I use it at times when I'm not on schedule with my daily skin care routine or when I'm really tired to wash my face at night, I'll just dab this using round cotton on my face. The best thing about it is that after using it, my skin won't dry out like it does with other toners I've used, so I don't need to use moisturizer. Also, I love how my skin feels soft and smells kinda nice after usage. Would definitely buy it again...I just hope it doesn't get discontinued anytime soon!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Lindex

It does get the dirt away, but it makes my skin very oily. I also get spots on my cheek and normally i don't..

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2010 8:02:00 AM More reviews by starletbabe22

before i got this product i used the normal Nivea toner. This was my HG grail and i tohught because i loved this i would love the YOUNG version.

i think i am wrong tough, i got this product about 2 months ago and have been using it everyday before bed.

After readding others comments saying it broke thme out madly i am comming to think the same. My skin has crazily broken out since using this!

i LOVE the scent and the way it makes my skin feel FRESH after use.

But i am comming to think this is what has broken me out because before i statred to use this i had flawless skin with the odd pimple on my cheek never on my fore head.
and now i do!

so i dont think i like this am going to stop using it for a while and turn back to my HG for a while to see if this is the case :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is my favorite toner and i will most probably never change it for something else.

pros:
-incredibly well scented, delicate grapeseed and powder scent
-doesn't contain alcohol
-based on seaweed extract
-very mild
-cleanses my pores, tightens them a little (but again, NOTHING tightens my pores so this came like a blessing), freshens up my complexion
-i use this especially after steam baths and facials, it's like my face is thirsty and i quench its need with this toner
-makes my skin plump, especially after a facial, pinky and soft
-removes impurities very well, prevents me from having any sort of pimple on my face
-if used regularly even normalizes my skin around that time of the month so i won't get my usual forehead tiny zit
-relatively cheap

there are no cons for me. i love the design of the bottle, the cap, the scent, the effect, the price...what else could i ask for from a toner. five lippies!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 1:22:00 AM More reviews by XxAwesomeActressxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I don't have acne prone skin or oily so this may be why it worked for me. My skin is sensitive/normal-combination and it helped reduce the levels of oil, dirt and cleared my skin from excess blemishes.
Not my favourite toner out there but deffinately one of my go-to ones.

Maybe if you used it with a different face wash or moisturizor is may work better. I found that switching brands and products around helped me in finding the right combination to use on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by katiii484

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This actually did nothing to my face. No okay it did clean the dirt away but i could do that with water too. I do not recommend this if you have acne pro oily skin because while using this i got more spots and my skin kept getting oily all the time. Maybe i just wanted too much from this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2009 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Sylviiaa

this is allright. if you don't have acne-prone skin probably very good. but for me, ok, it did refreshen and my pores were slightly smaller, but for me their has to be enough alcohol in the product so it helps against acne. and it didn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Zooba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This toner is GREAAAAT! thank God I found it...It tightens my large pores, makes my skin soft & fresh, lovely scent, non drying, no break outs & it's inexpensive:):)
LOVE IT!!.