October 25, 2014 | 1947 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mary Kay - Acne Treatment Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this product is perfect for those with isolated breakouts. I personally do not get full face breakouts but I'll get clusters from time to time so spot treatment works best. This works great! I am able to spot treat and my breakouts take a few days vs a week or more to heal. Also in the past I've avoided benzsoyl anything because previouse products have over dried my skin, however this does not. Great value seeing you get an ounce of product vs .35 oz with origins similar product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 6:43:00 AM More reviews by sammraovich

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This by far is one of Mary Kay's best products. But has been discontinued. There is a new product from Mary Kay in the Clear Proof line that has 5% benzoyl peroxide in it just like this one that has been discontinued. Benzoyl peroxide is effective at killing the bacteria that causes acne, however, Benzoyl peroxide is not very good at clearing out the clogged pores, or black and white heads. Here's a special tip: If you have very oily skin, or acne prone skin, in addition to using benzoyl peroxide, you need something to clean out your clogged pores, and I strongly suggest a 2% salicylic acid product that you leave on over night and find one that doesn't have a lot of alcohol in it. Mary Kay's 2% salicylic acid gel called "Clear Proof Pore Purifying Serum" is a great choice and should work just fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by BrutalPheasant

GREAT stuff, gentle, doesn't dry skin out too much but helps fast. I have acne on my face and shoulders, have had since i was about 13 (im 27 now), im glad i finally found something that helps. Even though it wont help get rid of my acne all together, at least it helps getting rid of the pimples when they appear. Bought it on Ebay for 7 bucks, will definitely buy again when i run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by oliviacatherineheart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For me, this product is a GOD-SEND. I have oily skin except where my cheeks get slightly dry in the winter or after harsh products. I got this from a close family friend, so close in fact that i got it for 1/2 off. It seriously fixes spots OVERNIGHT. It is not overly drying, but the 5% benzyl peroxide works so well. I do not like that I have to order it, but the product's performance totally makes up for it. Absolutely will repurchase. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by CynthiaAlva

I love this little cream. I doesn't work if you have really bad acne. If only works for people like me that only have a little pimple here and there. You just but it on the pimple overnight and most likely the next morning it will be gone.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by TubbsMuffin

After hearing so many great reviews, I thought this would be a great product to try. I bought the face wash, toner, this product, and face lotion. This didn't help AT ALL. My acne got worse. I strongly regret ever using this becuase now I have to get my skin back under control again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Dreviola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this product since I was 12, and I'm 17 now. I have tried SO many different acne gels/medications/creams and have never found anything that works like this. I would have terrible, cystic acne without Mary Kay. I use this with the blemish control toner, and my face is flawless!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by DustBunnyLife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always had a love/hate relationship with acne treatments. They either don't work or they DO work but dry your face out. A friend of mine recommended this to me and I'm really happy with it! It's not expensive and you get a lot. This tube will last you a long time. I use it on any breakouts I have and feel that it really speeds healing. My skin is sensitive and this doesn't irritate it one bit. No redness, no tightness, no dry flaky skin. It almost feels so gentle that you think it won't work...but then it does! This is one of my skin care staples and I hope MK always makes it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by pliegl

I've used this product to target pimples (mostly cystic) and I think it does a pretty good job. I've recently gone away from using it, and went back two nights ago...and my three cysts are almost gone. I will say that it does often cause my skin to be a little more red while I am using it so I try not to use it too often. Unless it's REALLY bad, I don't use it during the day, and if my skin starts to be too dry I stop using it at night for a day or so.

Overall this is one of the better acne targeting medications that don't require a Rx...and for the cost it's hard to beat.

Also - MK has a pretty good return policy, so if you try it and it doesn't work, your rep will probably give you your money back! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by kahillrn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

While this product does not work the same for everyone, it certainly works for me. I usually get 1 or 2 zits every other month around my period. I apply the gel at night and by morning it's either much better or completely gone. I have my 15 year old son using it too with good results. Not too expensive but you do get more product than you need d/t the packaging. I still gave it 5 lippies d/t the fact that it works so fast and so well !! I have no problem with drying my skin out. Truly this is my HG acne treatment, give it a try !!