October 30, 2014 | 1550 users online

Eye Shadow - Bare Escentuals - Good Fortune Glimmer

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Inuki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I tested this eyeshadow out on the back of my hand with a Q-tip it seemed very shimmery and pigmented. However, when I applied it to my eyelids with an e/s brush, the color payoff was less than desirable. Doesn't really show up in photos. As an everyday sheer color, this is quite nice though.

I tried to foil this shade and it turned out very patchy upon application.

I am a bit disappointed. Celestine was my first BE eyeshadow purchase; it is very pigmented, lasts all day and gives me eyes amazing dimension even when applied on its own (dry!) without any contour shade. Good Fortune pales in comparison, literally.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

I really love all of their eyeshadows. This one is a really flattering shimmery peach color. Looks great alone on the eye. LOVE.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 7:34:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this in the Guilty Pleasures set and I'm really happy with the set. The size I have is a .1 oz size, about 1/2 the size of a regular glimmer, but they still last a very long time, even in that size. Good Fortune is an interesting color - kind a cross between a orangey-gold, and peach, with not only shimmer but *sparkle/glitter*. This makes the glimmer a little chunky going on, but when applied wet, with a fixative such as Mixing Medium or Fix +, over UDPP it lasts fairly well and goes on ok when smoothed on wet with a taklon brush. I get better lasting power with BE glimmers, glimpses and eyeshadows using UDPP. I think this color is very versatile so I would definitely get it again when I run out. It would look good with almost anything - browns, greens, plums, purples, pinks, etc. - maybe not a blue but even a grey or smoke color would do.
I am wearing it today, with Cocoa in the crease (also from the set) and then BE Wearable Pistachio (a light, matte bone color) for the highlight, with a medium plummy grey-silver liner shadow from Alima (Black Cherry) and it's really, really pretty.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by shamuball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

ugh, the glimmers are way too sparkly for me. this color is a light orange on me (NC25, asian) with lots of glitter.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2007 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Smeeganses

I love this colour, it looks great with deep green colours like soiree. Definitely one of my favourites!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2007 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i received a sample of this in a swap from a real sweetie who sent me alot of BE colors that i have totally fallen in love with, however, this was not one of them. it looks pretty enough in the pot, an orangey shimmery color, but on my skin (which is very pale) it doesn't show up at all. i can't imagine it showing up on someone with darker skin! i didn't try it wet, but i don't even want to. not worth the hassle. i would not recommend or repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2007 1:07:00 AM More reviews by bunnychick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was given to me by someone in a trade, and while it is not something I would have necessarily bought for myself, I am glad to have it. The color in the pot is similar to a fortune cookie, and it is a little scary. When I put it on, it is a beautiful, warm shade. It is not really peachy, but not too yellow either. Very hard to describe. It is also fairly sparkly, but not in a glittery way. It is great for a "I don't want to leave the house without makeup, but I don't really want to get made-up" look. My biggest complaint is that it does not have a sifter top.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2006 6:52:00 PM More reviews by dana

Going on the reviews alone, I thought I would be safe from the orange in this glimmer, but I was wrong. It does look a very scary shade of orange/tan in the jar. While the application is nowhere near as scary, it is still orange on me. I was hoping for a warm golden glimmer. Instead, I got a citrusy glimmer. Perhaps it is my skintone (Mac NC25) but this definitely turned an unflattering shade on me. I also found that the particles of glimmer got all over my face during the application. Overall, not a winner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2006 6:45:00 PM More reviews by dancergirl92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm fairly new to Bare Escentuals, but so far I love it. I put on this natural glimmering eyeshadow over well rested, put on some mascara and I'm good to go!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2005 12:28:00 PM More reviews by rocketqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great color, especially with tanned skin! Looks a bit scary and too orangey in the jar, but beautiful on! Makes my blue-green eyes really pop. The only thing is, the glitter particles falls off fast. Overall, no doubt about it - 5 lippies.