September 19, 2014 | 908 users online

Cleansers - Mary Kay - Velocity Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by chickie01

Ahhhh so upset that it has been discontinued! It was my holy grail cleanser for well over a year, after discovering it at a Mary Kay party. Upon discovery, I would say it was average, but by then I had tried so many drugstore cleansers that had never seemed to do the job, so I stuck with it. I am so glad I did. I tell people that my skin is like my hair, a day without washing or a change in shampoo or conditioning (and the time at which it is shampooed and conditioned) leaves my hair (and my skin) in a big oily mess, and yes, one day (or even use, because I cleanse my skin twice a day) results in a breakout. Its a blessing and a curse, if I stick with what works for me, I will have clear skin and nice hair, but if I miss or get lazy, it is a bad hair day or skin week for that matter. When I did religiously use this cleanser (x2 a day) my skin couldn't have looked better. Of course, there would be the occasional breakout (girls know when) but other than that I didn't have any problems. And that was the ONLY product I used. No toner, no spot treatment, no exfoliator, nothing else. Just the cleanser. And sometimes (yes this is bad) I would skip the moisturizer. It smelled great too, which is always an added bonus. Now that they have discontinued it, I figured I would buy a few bottles and sulk when they were used up. Well, they have been used up for probably 7 months or so. I am now using the Mary Kay Clearproof cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by macybee

I've been using this face wash and moisturizer for around 3 months. It's a fine cleanser and nice lightweight moisturizer (but no SPF is dumb.) But I can say my skin still has the exact same acne problem as always. I can't say this has done anything to my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by winniewyli21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use to use acne products like Neutrogena Rapid Clear when I thought my acne took a turn for the worst once hormones kicked in. Little did I know that salicylic acid 2% products were WAY too harsh for my skin and made me break out more.

Velocity has become my go-to product in the summer season! My skin is in tip top condition. It does not have acne fighting compounds normally found in acne cleansers (like salicylic acid or benzyl peroxide), but it is great for blemish prone skin. I still get the odd zit here and there, but still two thumbs up. My face feels so smooth!

One con is that my face does feel tight around the winter time because of the extra dry weather. I switch to Mary Kay botanical in the winter. Other than that - velocity in the summer/fall!

Winnie Rating: 7.5/10

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by phoenixg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Eh, this cleanser is alright. It's gentle and has some super fine, almost nonexistent, beads that help remove makeup and impurities. It's drying to my skin, though it makes it soft. Like I said, it's alright but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by shayy11141

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Everyone has different skin and some products work for some and some don't. Velocity is my holy grail facial cleanser. It's very light and has a light fruity smell, it's not overwheling what-so-ever. The cleanser cleans your skin really well, and the moisturizer makes your skin really soft. Been using it for a year straight and NO breakouts or problems. (:

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Kaalahm

This is a general cleanser, marketed towards younger women (Velocity.) I personally find the consistency too thin and the product not moisturizing enough for my skin. Definitely not the best Mary Kay cleanser- try time wise 3-in-1, it's magical

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by shepherdkisses

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My daughter used this twice in one week and she started with a rash, then itch, then it spread all over her face and neck. I gave her benedryl, zyrtec, ice to calm the burning sensation. Her entire face started to turn red, burn and itch. Her eyes sweeled, her ears swelled, and neither of us slept well for days. About four days after the rash first appeared. I took her to the doctor and she is now on steroids. I hope that works. MK should do a muich better job. I am reading a lot of reviews on other sites about reactions and lots of folks defending MK. MK you either make products that are good or you don't! Stop making excuses! Nice job making profits at our expense.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I used to use this cleanser. I thought it worked for me but it didn't. Over time my acne didn't change and my skin just still remained covered. This may work for others but I am extremely acne prone.
Since trying this, many many years ago, I have switched to a regime of AHA lotion and Tea Tree oil. My mild acne is almost gone but I still haven't found that "omg my face is glowing!" product yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by synesthe

This cleanser is for sensitive skin, for sure!

There was this one horrible time period where my face was completely covered with acne, whiteheads, and oil. Of course, I started to shop around for the holy facial cleanser. All of the products I tried dried my skin horribly but the acne still kept popping up! As I was about to give up, a family friend introduced me to Mary Kay Velocity because it had worked for her sister. I was dubious at first but slowly, I began to notice that my face became clearer. After years of using this product, my face became almost like a porcelain doll. I am very pleased with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by nicolantonio

Only thing I will use on my face and I have VERY angry sensitive fair skin. Was introduced by a friend who sold MK and was hesitant..had intermittent acne and almost every cleanser made my skin red/irritated. Proactiv made my skin lose all elasticity completely and I only had mild (maybe 1-2 whiteheads a month).

I have been using thisfor 3 years now. It is not marketed specifically as an acne wash, but it kept my acne at bay (if you have clear skin it will keep it clear, it will not spot treat pimples). Provides just enough of everything (cleansing, toning, exfoliating) for me and my skin reacts well to it, esp. when used with the moisturizer. A bottle last a while for me, so I am willing to shell the $ for it.

Only cleanser/moisturizer I have ever repurchased (4 or 5 times). Love. Love. If they ever pulled it off the market I would cry.