July 28, 2014 | 1832 users online

Toners - Reviva - Glycolic Acid Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by coffeeandcream

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great toner. I've been using this a few years and just bought 2 more bottles. I used to be able to find it at Ulta, but the last time I checked they didn't carry it. I now purchase 2 bottles at a time online.
The bottle says it's for "Mature or Sun-Damaged Skin". I have oily, acne prone skin and this works just as well for me.
I love that this toner is fragrance free and doesn't sting. It feels like water. I suspect the percentage of glycolic acid is low, and I'm fine with that because of how frequently I use this. If I feel the need to use a higher percentage of glycolic, I use something else.
I don't use a cotton round with this. Instead I pour a little into the palm of my hands and then pat it all over my face.
This leaves my skin feeling soft and plump. It has a slight hydrating effect on my skin without causing any clogs. Will continue to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall a really great, simple product. Glycolic Acid part is not very high, so it does not sting on application. It hydrates and feels fresh, there is no scent, which I love.
The price is decent, too. After using almost the whole bottle, my skin is smooth and a little clearer. Dry patches are less.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by orthoRN

I LOVE this. I use it as a light hydrator. its inexpensive, easy to find at Ulta, fragrance-free, colorant free, and just wonderful. the glycolic is super low so it just acts to moisturize for me. I pat it on with my fingers after I wash am and pm, and I find that it is often all the moisture I need. for reference I am 43 with combo skin, hormonal acne and very clog prone.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by BlkSunflower

I purchaed this at ULTA. I am African American with hyperpigmentation mostly on my forehead. This product has significantly faded my hyperpigmentation after 2 weeks. However, I use this in conjunction with the Reviva glycolic cleanser and a few other products. I really like that this does not contain soap or oils. It is very gentle and I can feel it tingle (working) after rubbing it in and letting it sit for 1 minute.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I picked this up at Ulta browsing the skin care aisle thinking I'd give this a whirl. I didn't really notice anything dramatic. It wasn't irritating, drying, but also didn't seem to make any difference in my skin so I got bored with it and started using it on my husband :-) For him it has helped make his skin look great! (in combination with Olay DNA Superstructure I literally have to sneak on his face while he's sleeping) His skin is combo/oily. I'm going to assume the actual % of glycolic is low as it seems to be more of a moisturizing toner, at least on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about a month and I definitely would repurchase. For the first 2 weeks, I started noticing more breakouts on my left side of the face, the under the skin kind that just made my skin look gross. I wanted to stop using it but my right side was completely clear and looked soooo smooth! I don't know why one side was fine and the other wasn't, I'm guessing I just had a lot of acne deep under the skin only on my left side and the glycolic acid helped bring it to the surface. Well that finally went away after another week and my skin is soooo soft and smooth!! I've used other glycolic products before but never had results like this. I think the other ones were too harsh on my skin, had a lot of other junk in it that irritated my skin and this doesn't. I like that the ingredients are pretty simple and it doesn't burn and sting my face at all. If anything, I feel like this soothes my skin and softens it, prepping it for moisturizer. I feel like it enhances the moisturizer I use afterwards. I use it only at night because I've read your skin gets too sensitive in the daylight with glycolic acid products so I try to avoid it in the mornings but I have still done it on occasion. I still have about 4/5 of the bottle left so I think I'll be good for a while. Only thing is I wish this was a little cheaper. $12 for only a 4oz bottle is not cheap but it's worth it.
For anyone that is curious, the moisturizer I use afterward is Beyond Belief Oil Free Moisturizer. It has Salicylic and Lactic Acid in it which I feel combined with this toner, makes my skin look really good. I bought the moisturizer at Sally's for a bout $8 with my beauty card.
Update: I have moved on to Mario Badescu's glycolic toner after this stopped giving me the results I once had. Although this is a good gentle toner for someone just starting out with glycolic, I think my skin just became used to it. I didn't see the glow that I once saw with this toner and the breakouts slowly started coming back. With Mario Badescu's toner, I saw results almost immediately, saw a difference the next day. That didn't happen with Reviva's. Not sure why I am seeing such good results right away with Mario's and I didn't with Reviva's, it seems like they both have glycolic listed in the beginning of the ingredients. But Mario's last less ingredients overall, maybe it's less diluted? Or a better grade of glycolic, not sure but it's definitely working better for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am now on my 4th bottle of this toner, and the reason I continue to repurchase it is the significant turn for the worse my skin takes if I am not using it. I like that it is alcohol-free, unscented, and does not sting the skin. Having tried glycolic acid in several cream forms, as well as c. booth, aqua glycolic, and proactiv toners, I feel this is the best one I've tried yet--and much less expensive than DDF. Every brand but this one and proactiv broke me out, and reviva is so much more readily accessible than proactiv. I purchase mine at ulta for about $10, one bottle lasts me with 2x daily use about 2 or 3 months. HG.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I need a good AHA to balance my facial routine and try to clear my congested skin. I don't think this toner is anything special - it seems just like any other aloe vera toner (similar to Alba's sea toner). I don't see any effects and I've been using it for over a week. Maybe it just takes some time to see effects. I think it may make my face shiny though. Maybe I need a higher concentration of AHA.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2008 11:24:00 AM More reviews by redheady

I think that this is a very reliable glycolic toner. It is fragrance free, hydrating, and very gently to my skin. I had been addicted to DDF glycolic toner for years but as I got older the alcohol just made my skin worse....so I started researching no alcohol toners and this is my first to try. So far I am loving it. I will also try Alpha Hydrox glycolic gel and Mario Badescu glycolic toner. I will review these as I get a chance to use them.

I use Stridex 2% pads that are also formulated with no alcohol. This way I get BHA a AHA. Clean pores and exfloiated skin!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 3:34:00 AM More reviews by erijica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this toner! I keep going back to this... It's very gentle, but still exfoliates my dead skin away. It's decently priced as well. It says "For Mature or Sun-Damaged Skin" but I've heard it's good for oily skin as well. :) And so far, so good. My skin is a lot smoother and I've noticed I don't break out as often when I use it. When I stop using it (silly me), I start breaking out again like I used to before I used this stuff. I definitely recommend this toner.