NYX Single Eye Shadow - Golden Bronze

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/16/2014 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I would definitely buy this shade again if I ran out or lost it, though I have a fear it's being discontinued. These little square e/s pots are not on NYX's site any longer. I found this one at a store called "Funk 'n Frost Beauty Bar" in a Canadian mall. The colour is unique from anything else i own. It's well described below as an "olive bronze", though I might even go a step farther and say there's an ever so slight coppery tone to this. I'm a fiend when it comes to olive eye shadow and own several, but this one has that warm element that none of the others possess. Just really, really pretty! I'd say it's more of a medium shade that's easy to sheer out for a day time look, or use a charcoal in the outter corners and crease to blend it into a smokey eye. Very versatile. I'd been eyeing this on CherryCulture for a while now but every time I checked, it was sold out (no wonder!) and now it's gone from that site so I was stoked when I found it at a local mall (though even there, the square NYX singles are being cleared out at a "2 for 1" price.) I'm really trying to NOT buy backups but I might have to bend the rules for this one.

on 12/8/2010 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a pretty mix of bronze and khaki green. Great eyeshadow color for my hazel eyes. Same lovely NYX qualities of soft texture, excellent pigmentation, and effortless blendability. I only wish I had a way to know that it is an almost exact dupe to my Ulta shadow in Safari, only difference being that Golden Bronze is a bit more of a satin finish and Safari is more shimmery.

on 8/6/2010 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is such a unique and pretty color, NYX is becoming one of my favorite brands. A golden olive with great pigmentation and texture. If you have any yellow in your eyes it makes them pop like crazy. Great product and value, about $3.99 and will last forever!

on 4/14/2010 12:40:00 AM

One of my favorites...It's a very pretty, golden, brownish, green shadow with lots of shimmer and shine. I wear this as an all-over color wash during the day with a deep bronze eye liner or a deep brownish green. In the evening, this works beautiful with a deeper brown or green in the crease, and I apply this an eyeliner under my lower lids.

LOVE this shadow ~ it makes my eyes brown eye POP. I will buy this color again...

on 9/21/2009 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you are looking for where to buy this product check out the makeupgeek store! So cheap! And highly pigmented. Love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Gorgeous deep patina of warm-toned bronze with a slightly metallic finish - it really does remind me of an antique statue. This is one of the few shadows I've used that brings out the green in my eyes rather than the brown. Lovely buttery smooth application; lasted at least a couple of hours over L'Oreal De-Crease e/s base. Insanely cheap for the quality; US$3.50 @ Cherry Culture.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Click 'continued' for photos.
Like most NYX shadows, this is soft, finely-milled texture, applies evenly, so buttery you can beautifully blend it with finger/Q-tip/cheapest brush. Lasts all day with a primer underneath (I recommend Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance), otherwise it can crease on oily lids within several hours.
Color is like the name says, a bronze with golden tones (as opposed to orangey/red tones like the typical bronze). It also has a hint of khaki/olive, neutralizing the warm base. So this can work for both warm and cool complexions, but not *too* cool, as this would clash with the pink in extremely cool skin.

continued >>

on 10/5/2008 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful bronze that has green undertones rather than red. You can use it sparingly and create a neutral daytime look or layer it on for a smoky eye. Since there is no red in this, it is also good for lining (on the bottom). This is perfect when used in conjunction with Sahara (#18). I had to learn the hard way how to put this on- don't swipe your brush across the top or you will make a mess... pat your brush down onto the shadow and it will pick up the perfect amount!

on 9/20/2008 4:35:00 PM

I tend to stay away from bronze eye shadows since they always seem to make my lids look reddish. This one being described as more olive toned made me want to try it. It has a slight shimmer but not too metallic- just enough to avoid being cakey-looking on older lids. The color is a cool golden bronze, not obviously green to me but not a muddy brown. Some brownish shadows look dirty or bruised on my fair skin. This one accentuates my eyes without being overly dramatic. Very pretty with hazel green eyes and brown hair. I agree it is a nice fall color. Time will tell if my lids turn red but so far I really like it.

on 3/24/2008 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Golden Bronze is an olive bronze shimmer, seems very Italian to me. Wonderful in late summer, early autumn especially if you have warmtoned coloring. Reminds me of LM Sherazade but a skosh deeper, though not as deep a green as Jordana Moss, another of my all-time faves.