December 19, 2014 | 1305 users online

Fragrances - Dior - Dioressence

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

more expensive version of Clinique's Eau Dynamisante....
especially the 2009 les creations line..
not exciting nor special....herbal,patchouli combo for refreshing summertime...
boringly unisex

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

(Speaking of the new, Les Creations version and not the vintage.)

Dioressence starts off with a strong dirt note that had me wondering if I had mistakenly grabbed a patchouli single note scent. Since it lacked the skank of patchouli I stumbled along, wondering what it was...and realized it was geranium. Spicy, dirty geranium. As Dioressence dries down the dirt softens to a powdery earthiness sprinkled with pepper that sticks close to the skin. Unfortunately it's gone in two hours, which is a shame as I liked Dioressence while it lasted and it's unlike anything else I have in my ever-expanding collection. I wouldn't say no to receiving a bottle in a swap/as a gift, but wouldn't want to buy it myself.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by ellacinders

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Spicy, warm and powdery. Also kinda stuffy. I see why others like this perfume but there is something in it that makes me nauseous and no matter how interesting it may smell, my stomach revolts. Had to wash it off after an hour, despite wanting to stick around for the dry down.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 9:32:00 AM More reviews by amandamg61

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started wearing this nearly 30 years ago and it was my signature perfume until quite recently. I was told by a friend that her (now grown up) son smelled this after not seeing me for several years and it brought me to mind right away. For me that is what a perfume should do-be evocative. It always made me feel sophisticated and elegently sexy. And not like I was wearing the same perfume as everyone else!
Since I have retired from the suit-wearing, corporate world I feel this perfume does not quite suit me as well as it did once- though I still reach for it when I am wearing my black cashmere sweater! Now that my life is more introverted and contemplative I wear l'Heure Bleue most often.
Dioressence is a very grown up and sophisticated scent for the woman who considers herself a strong-minded individual who can still be sexy.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by tessture

happywoman must have the wrong chemistry for perfumes of this type. While it does go on my skin as a hideous old fashioned powdery medicated horror, it quickly dries down to a powdery-in-a-good-way resinous spice that ends in a soft resin and amber base. Very warm and elegant. Dated, but in a classic way. It smells like it is from the 40s rather than 1979.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by happywoman28

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a totally masculine strong chemical stench of cheap incense
and dirty ashtrays. It's not green or a chypre. It's oriental and competes with Youth Dew for the all time worst smell from a bottle.
It actually reaks very similarly to Youth Dew.
I'm amazed at all the positive reviews for this.
It is sour, stale and reminds me of OFF bug spray, which actually smells better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 10:04:00 AM More reviews by wristsniffer

This is for the vintage edt version in the ribbed glass bottles. Soft, warm, smooth and elegantly spiced. This somehow makes me think of mink coats and cigarettes in long holders. I love it, don't wear it that often but couldn't be without it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2010 5:59:00 AM More reviews by lalki1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Too spicy and oldfashioned for my taste, reminds me of EL Youth-dew (which i don't like). nice staying power though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by ellizam

Are you people MAD!? There were no reviews of this. Dioressence isn't in most of the stores. No one ever mentions it. The world has gone crazy. EDITED: someone pointed out where Dioressence reviews were - not sure why I didn't find it when I looked but moved it here.

First, Dioressence is a subtle Youth Dew, or rather, it's a subtle, warm version of the Youth Dew type, which I adore: those balsamic, dark rose, benzoin or peru balsam sweetened, spicy, dark, warm, mystery perfumes. There's usually a little wood in their lineage, maybe some jasmine to balance the rose (although the violet in Dioressence is adding a nicely elegant touch), and the balance between sweet, amber, aromatic, spice, and floral is so lovely.

Dioressence ups the stakes a little. On the top a light fruit note is floated. I get fresh lemon juice, I mean fresh like you just sliced it on the cutting board, and the lemon lasts and lasts. The notes list orange or tangerine, which I can parse out, and "fruit" notes. But I'll tell you, I'm getting fresh lemon juice.

It has very soft sillage, a rich warm bed of wonderful to sink your nose into, and the drydown lasts forever. I'm kicking myself because this isn't anywhere now and I could have gotten it for NOTHING and didn't. How has this been overlooked? Everything from the fragrance, to the quality of the ingrediants (supurb) to the packaging is perfect. I'm giving it SIX lippies, I don't care.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My everyday scent. It is easier to find now due to the WWW. Picked it up in Europe in the early 80s and have been in love ever since. It has kick that softens to a light powdery scent - clean. The patchouli is noticeable at first and then the violet and rose kick in. I get compliments on it all the time. I just wish it came in a body oil and powder. Havent come across those over the years.