July 22, 2014 | 2300 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Expert Eyes Quad in Island Shimmer

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by iaminlovewithmakeup

i dont like this maybelline color pallet because the colors dont show when you put them on. the one thing i use it for is the cream color i sometimes use for i highlight color on my cheackbone, because at the moment i dont have on.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2008 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Quietly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was so disappointed when I first bought this product. The people at Maybelline were very skimpy on the pigmentation in these shadows. But fear not! Some good can come of this.

There is a place in every makeup collection for sheer color, and although this is an extreme example of that, this compact has its uses. A hint of the white and orange colors above the eyelid can subtly sculpt and brighten your eyes. There is a visible difference, but someone looking at you won't be able to detect what it is. (Let alone that you are using orange eyeshadow!) The green or violet colors are good if you want a sheer wash of color on your lids. They really make green eyes pop. You'll probably want to pair these with more intense products too, but they do add something to your look.

Oh, and use a separate eyeshadow brush. Pitch the ones that come included with the shadow. They are junk.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2007 2:42:00 PM More reviews by pen22

I was very unimpressed with this product, as I have been with all Maybelline eyeshadows (and their products in general). I have very fair skin and still found that the colors did not show up well at all with out using half of the package! And after I got them on so that they would show up, they would disappear within a half hour, even with primer. I definitely will not be repurchasing...or any Maybelline eyeshadows.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2007 2:29:00 PM More reviews by colorfulme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this quad because I thought the colors looked cool. Well, looking cool is all they do. I found these eye shadows to be chalky and have no pigmentation, they don't show on my eye lid. I might give them to my sister, but I doubt they'll show up on her. I'll never buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by danielleashleyb

I do not like any of the maybelline eye shadows I've used! Their staying power is horrible and the colors are nearly intense enough for my liking.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by makeupgirl2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an average eye shadow. Im looking for something more moisturizing around the eye area.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2006 9:35:00 PM More reviews by blueelf

I have pale skin too....but the product didn't work for me. The peach shade barely showed up on my skin, and as another reviewer already said, they just look like different shades of white when applied. Ended up giving it away to my friend who who has dark skin, it looks better on her but still the colours hardly show up. I'd recommend Seashore Frosts instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2005 5:42:00 PM More reviews by AngieJolie

I actually am very pleased with this quad. Even though i'm pale, i find that these colours are still very nice. Four beautiful shimmery colours that are good to wear in the summer or to highlight the corners of the eyes or/and brow bone. It's cheap and good. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2005 4:51:00 PM More reviews by riotingpacifist

I'm with cakie, everything looks white except for peach, which all that really does for me is make me feel a little less naked. The 3 whites are good for corner-of-your-eye highlighting though, that trick is nice when you've gotten little to no sleep and don't want to show it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2005 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Just_a_Hobby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These are great if you have a tan. The colors are: A shimmery white, a pearly peach shimmer, a baby pink shimmer and a light sea foam blue shimmer. These colors do come out rather light and you do need to apply these in layers to get the colors to show , then blend.