April 21, 2014 | 1007 users online

Lip Gloss - Lancome - Juicy Tubes Pop - Energizing Melon

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this at a TJ Maxx a couple years ago. It's a beautiful hot pink with some gold duochrome. It's extremely bright and out of my comfort zone, but I love it anyway. It feels cooling on my lips and it's really pigmented - it's the perfect summer color. It looks great on my NC35 lips, and it's really unique because of the golden sheen. It's a little on the sticky side, but I don't mind since it lasts for so long-about three or even four hours without reapplying. It also smells like a fresh berry and it's really refreshing!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by capellanadea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't care for lipgloss generally because everything sticks to it but this juicy tube is so juicy it deserves some raves. The color is very pigmented hot pink with golden shimmer to it. Very very beautiful. I have this in my everyday handbag!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2008 3:38:00 PM More reviews by ChococatG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot believe I haven't posted a review on this. I'm working on my third Energizing Melon. It's my all-time favorite shimmery Juicy Tube from Lancome. It's a warm pinky melon color that looks great in the summer with a neutral beige/ brown eye. Although, I've used it to compliment a purple eye, peachy cheek and it looked great. EM brightens up my face. I enjoy the sweet flavor, as well.

This is quite pigmented for me so I wear it alone. I don't find the shimmer to be chunky or gritty in any way. The product wears off evenly for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2008 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Bassclef

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first Juicy Tube, so I can't compare it to any other shade in the line, but it is true that this stuff is pigmented! I nearly flipped out when I tried it on -- a big smear of glittery orange! BUT when applied completely and with a firm press of the lips, this becomes a hot orangey pink with shimmer. A little wilder than I normally go for, but hey, it's summer! This is bright, but not unnatural. I got this on sale at TJ Maxx (wouldn't pay $18 for a lipgloss!) and I like it, though I doubt it's essential in my collection of muted roses and neutrals.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2008 10:02:00 PM More reviews by sadendingsong

lancome juicy tubes are nice but i think the reason this ones so great has nothing to do with brand. its just a really nice bright pink-orangey-red.. the colors really hard to describe but its very pigmented and makes a statement. its a nice departure from boring sheer glosses and a great alternative when the weathers hot since you dont need much makeup if your lips are so bright! the staying power is very nice as with all juicy tubes and the smell is tolerable

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 2:51:00 PM More reviews by genica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

If you are tired of JTs with little to no color then this is the JT for you. This is one of, if not the, most pigmented JTs I'd ever had. In fact I ended up swapping it away because the color was just too much for my fair skin. It was such torture finding that elusive JT that has color and then having to part with it because the color wasn't right on me. It was a bright fushia with gold tones that looked absolutely garish on my NC15 complection. I'm still giving it a 3 though because against the right coloring it could look fab and because it wasn't ANOTHER so-sheer-as-to-be-pointless JT. Regardless of your complection, if you want a colorful JT it's at least worth a try at the lancome counter, but definitely try before you buy because if it's not right for you it will be glaringly obvious.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2007 3:28:00 AM More reviews by 16stars

A scary hot hot hot pink in the tube, a little less scary when on your lips! This color is bright and fun. Sometimes if you add to much though it might make you look a little crazy, so apply with caution! The scent is nice, like Bazooka Bubble Gum.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2007 2:04:00 AM More reviews by loudxmouse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this in a swap and I am in LOVE with it. NW25, red hair, freckles, am a big fan of bright lips as it is. Way more sheer than most of these reviews give it credit for with an amazing opalescence that makes it on the top of my list, maybe even above MAC's pink poodle or standing ovation, which in my opinion are both WAY thicker.
The taste of this is fruity, not really melon, but not too sweet and it has a really nice tingle afterwards. Wore it all day and kept licking my lips and glancing at my lips in the mirror. LOVE IT

pics:

energizing melon--standing ovation--pink poodle

continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2007 4:36:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The colour of this Juicy Tube is too pigmented and way too bright for my likeing. It is a bright reddish hot pink with a golden shimmer. I only need to use a small dab for my whole lips and I can tell it is going to take me ages to just use up 10% of this tube as the staying power is very high.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2007 11:27:00 PM More reviews by tavy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it!!! It stays all day and even if i put just small amount you still see its color.Also smell really nice,so fruity