April 20, 2014 | 1964 users online

Bronzers - Bonne Bell - Gel Bronze-Golden Tan

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

edit: Guys, try this as a lip tint! it works beautifully!!!!
----
This is the perfect bronzer--long-lasting, blend-able, natural looking finish, and the colour is perfect for me. And it's so cheap and easily available~ It looks so pretty. With foundation, bronzer is a necessity, because my face looks "flat" and too "done" otherwise. Also, i tan very easily, and adding this step in evens out my complexion, in case the foundation has become too light.
You MUST try applying it with a blush brush, just buffing it in circles, it will be much easier to blend & distribute evenly. The end result will be stunning. P.S. I've had the same tube for about 2 or 3 years - it is still quite full, and it never breaks me out

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Jake54

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, I use this product as a gel blush NOT as a bronzer. It is beautifully pink and I dab it on my cheekbones and on my lips and on my brow bone and it gives that perfect flushed look. I am olive-skinned, so I need a bit of pink to bring my sallow skin to life and this does it for me. Better than Tarte's Cheek Stain! I bought Tarte before Christmas thinking it would replace this Bonne Belle bronzer I've been using for years and it failed! This also lasts and lasts on the skin and lips. For the price you can't beat it!
EDIT - I recently rebought this and they have changed the color. It is much lighter now and no longer is very berry colored, so doesn't provide a flush to the cheeks. Darn! It was such a great inexpensive cheek stain.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by ryerizzle92

At first I hated it. I am very fair skinned and this was way too dark! Then I read some reviews and mixed it in with my foundation and Its now ok. It balances out my already too white foundation from the wintertime.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by debk

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Edit:Oh boo hoo!! What I realized over time is that where I apply this my skin breaks out every time. So sad to find such a great look and then discover it's acnegenic--probably the acetylated lanolin

HG product--where have you been? Brownish gel has a slight pink-rose underbase, the color you get when you "get a little sun." I put it on a skunk brush and go over the areas of my face the sun hits. Leaves a beautiful finish over my ss or foundation, looks like real skin. Not matte, not shiny, dries and not easily rubbed off. Very cheap, ordered from web site along with the blush cheek gels.
The perfect sunkissed color for my NW 20 skin, can build more or less as I choose. The perfect texture and finish for my summer-oily skin. And at under 5.00 a tube, what more could you ask?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by morphinization

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this after reading the reviews, and because I haven't been able to find that perfect golden bronzer. I have very warm coloring, and when I tan, I tan a golden-yellow color, so I like to enhance the warm gold with bronzer. I really like the gel because it is so easy to blend, but it is very dark coming out of the tube, and if you don't blend it it can look very red-brown.. I really wish it were more golden but I haven't found it yet and it's still a beautiful bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has been a godsend for me! I'm a year round indoor tanner, but my face is really tan resistant for some reason, so I found myself always having to wear foundation to make my face match the rest of me. The problem is I have oily very breakout prone skin, so foundations make everything worse...enter Gel Bronze. This stuff is not the slightest bit greasy, fully absorbs in the skin, leaves the perfect natural tan glow on my face, and does not, I repeat, does not cause breakouts! I just apply a little concealer to trouble spots, set with a loose powder and my face looks flawless and polished. Bye bye foundations!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by ollykat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nope, not for me. I concur with an earlier opinion that this might be for those who already have decent color or a more olive complexion. For me (light and cool toned), this showed up purple/red in the undertones. When I tried to mix it with lotion, I just got nothing. Alas, at least a fairly inexpensive bust for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by VinylRitchie

I LOVE THIS STUFF! It is by far the most natural looking bronzer I've ever used. There is no unnatural shimmer or powdery mess. The gel is super light weight, sheer, and smooth. It dries in seconds to a gorgous shade of natural tan color. I love it because it allows you to build it up to the exact shade of sunkissed color you want, and it is NEVER greasy or dirty looking. It's 100% OIL FREE and the color lasts until you wash it off. Haha my boyfriend saw it on the counter and thought it was a sunless tanner.... when he found it wasn't he still uses all the time when we go out! HAHA He uses more than I do!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Sirene

I did a positive review before, but I have to come back to say that this is more red than brown, it would be of better use as a blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Honeywell66

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had a tube of this a few years ago and loved it, but couldn't find it again until recently. This stuff is one of the best beauty buys of all time. It's a matte (but not drying), translucent bronzer that gives you a subtle sun-kissed look without the supernatural shimmer/shine that most bronzers impart. And it's CHEAP, which makes it even better. It's like a less concentrated version of the Harushka gel bronzer (which will rob you of $42). Sometimes I mix it with a little lotion and wear it on my legs. Because it's a gel, it stains the skin, rather than sitting on top of it, so there's no problem with it rubbing off. I sometimes mix it with a little of the Tarte gel blush for a healthy glow on those mornings that I'm paying for the night before.