August 20, 2014 | 1994 users online

Shampoo - Back to Basics - Coconut Mango Moisture Quenching Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by jolab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this product for a over 6 months and absolutely loved the results. Would still be using it if my beauty supply outlet didn't discontinue it. It hydrates and doesn't strip your hair of it's natural oils, which is why some people maybe think that it leaves a buildup (these are natural oils which shouldn't be stripped from your scalp) As with all hydrating shampoos/conditioners you do need to switch up every now and then as this is what is required for your hair to stay healthy. I would love to start using this product again if I could find a store that carries it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I've used this shampoo/conditioner on & off for about 6 years. What I will say is that this smells absoloutley amazing. I feel like I'm in Hawaii when I pop the cap open. The downside is that the smell doesn't last very long in my hair. More important than the smell is how this actually leaves my hair feeling. I agree with a lot of reviewers that said this is an okay shampoo/conditioner. I've definitely used better, but this isn't the worst I've ever used. I honestly just use this every once in a while because I like the smell, other than that this kind of dries my hair out. I wouldn't reccommend this for people with thick hair, I think this may work better for people with fine hair. It did okay at the cleaning aspect, but it did feel like it left build up in my hair. My hair also felt very tangled. I'm not a fan of false advertising, & this advertises that it's a "moisturizing" shampoo/conditioner. This definitely isn't moisturizing whatsoever. With a name like "moisture quenching", you would think this would be like water for your hair...not the case at all. So, if you're looking for something to moisturize your hair...this isn't it. I actually got this shampoo/conditioner for free, but I wouldn't buy this on my own. There are much better options out there. But, I like the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by illegalyBlonde

very good shampoo and conditioner!! just PERFECTION!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

I bought a liter on sale @ Ulta for $9.99 I think normal price is 19.99 but I have DRY, THICK, FRIZZY, COARSE hair and this tamed it! I can not believe that I am saying this! I have found MY shampoo! the smell is wonderful and it lasted all day! I got comments on how soft and shiny my hair looked! I will definately keep buying again and again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this and the matching conditioner for 24 dollars on sale at a local beauty supply store. The shampoo lathers beautifully and doesn't feel like it is stripping my hair. The scent is amazing! I couldn't help but to keep smelling the bottle in the shower since it is so yummy smelling. My hair felt soft, and followed by the conditioner, my hair was left feeling hydrated and I had good curl definition with no frizz. This does contain cones so those going cone-free might want to pass on this. They both are very concentrated so you don't need to use a lot. Perfect for those this normal-dry hair. edit: 1/30/13 This has become very meh to me. The conditioner just sits on my hair after consistent use.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2010 3:54:00 AM More reviews by abbyyyy

This review is for the Shampoo Conditioner combo.

I used this product for about three months or so. I found it to be pretty average. It had a pleasant smell, it cleaned my hair and made it look all right, but I had my suspicion that this was due to the introduction of argan oil into my routine that coincided with me starting this shampoo. I stopped using it for a day, and the ends of my hair were dry and unmanageable. For me, the shampoo isn't good, but it isn't bad either. It is just average. I'm moving on in my quest to find my HG shampoo and conditioner, and will start using the pureology super smooth combo tomorrow.

Just a side note, one thing I did like about this was that the bottle lasted me a very long time... I have the small ones (not the big litre bottles or whatever), and after the three months, I have still over half left.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2010 10:23:00 AM More reviews by bkaips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I paid how much for this crap?? Seriously disappointed in this and can't believe it gets such high ratings, I myself wouldn't even give it a 1. My hair: naturally wavy and thick. Decided to give it a go due to the great reviews only to find out it does absolutely nothing in regards to moisture or texture of my hair. As far as the scent goes, pleasant when you're using it albeit barely noticeable....and after you're done washing and conditioning, pretty much no discernable scent left behind which is another big bummer. My hair feels horrible after washing, kind of like there is excess build-up after using both shampoo and conditioner and by the way, trying to get the conditioner to actually come OUT of the bottle takes forever and my kids thought I was remodeling the bathroom from pounding the container in the shower. For the quality of this crap the price is way too expensive....I wouldn't even pay a buck for this garbage. I now let my kids use it and use it to wash my dog...my kids don't care for it either but gotta use it up seeing I wasted my cash on it... at least my dog seems to appreciate it.
The Fantastic Sams moisture line does a 1000% better job at leaving my hair silky smooth for a fraction of the price.....YES, I said Fantastic Sams...that stuff is awesome on my hair. I will definitely be heading back to it. You all can keep this trash.....

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by sharibbw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used back to basics products for a while. i was totally hooked on green tea! i have fine hair, but saw the coconut mango moisture quenching shampoo at biglots. they had it for just $3.00! I decided to try it. First the smell is amazing. It's wonderful. I got in the shower and was very pleasantly surprised at how well it lathered and didn't take as much as other shampoos. As i mentioned, i have fine and thinner hair. i color as well as perm, so it's not in the best of shape. this works really well for me. I'd totally recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by sarahhjosephinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My mom got this a few years ago, and I remember every time I used it my hair was dried out and straw-like. It did smell nice, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by kjmsmm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has been my staple shampoo for 7 years now! I LOVE it! It smells so good and it cleanses and moisturizes my hair like no other shampoo I've tried.