Ben Nye Pearl Sheen White Gold PS-16

on 9/11/2009 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is not a bad eyeshadow, but I would be lying if I said I was not a bit disappointed in it. The color is just unflattering on my lids, and for some reason, it wears more like a silvery-white and gold. Strange, I know. I thought maybe it was the base I used yesterday, but I tried a different one today and got the same results. As far as ivory-gold- highlighting eyeshadows go... MAC Vanilla Pigment and MAC Solar White eyeshadow (LE, unfortunately) seem to compliment my NW20 skintone much better. I like the texture of this Ben Nye eyeshadow, though, so I may purchase others from the line... but I know I'll never purchase White Gold again.

on 7/6/2008 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

BN products (all) are all extremely pigmented and last (of course, they're manufactured for theatrical purposes) so I was very impressed with this eyeshadow. The shade itself is lovely, an ivory with a shimmery silver/gold mixture. No fancy packaging, plain black with Ben Nye labeled across the top.

on 4/20/2005 12:11:00 AM

I ordered this online for $6.50 and was so very pleasantly surprised to find it exceeded all my expectations. Color is a very soft glowing white with a hint of gold--a flattering offwhite that is perfect for highlighting. Gives a brow bone sheen that is very similar to MAC Vanilla Pigment but w/out the mess. Highly pigmented, smooth and tons & tons of sheen. Two thumbs up on the packaging too-- Flip top, rubberized packaging is perfect if you are in a rush or have wet hands.

on 5/25/2004 11:21:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is my HG highlighter!!! A beautiful color of white-really a pearly ivory white. Color looks good on everyone!!! Lasts a long time and the price is great, $6.00!!! Have been using MAC e/s for years and when my highlighter ran out I tried this. It can't be beat!!!!!!