September 23, 2014 | 963 users online

Deodorants - Kiehl's - Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by fundercat55

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'll start out by praising Kiehl's sample policy. I got a generous sample of this deodorant, so I'm not out any money for a product that just did not work out for me. It has a pleasant scent, felt nice going on, and didn't irritate my sensitive pits- all positives. Unfortunately, it just couldn't hold up to August in Florida. An hour and a half after applying, it was gone. No more odor protection. Uh-oh. Luckily, I test drove this on my days off- I'm a massage therapist, and no one wants to get a massage from a lady with stanky pits. :)
This one is a no-go for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2014 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Valene1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm so disappointed with Kiehls. I've been looking for a new, safer-to-use deodorant that actually works and I've read so many good reviews about Kiehls Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream. I went to the Kiehls' store at Yorkdale yesterday. A sales associate approached me and I told her why I was there and how I'm concerned about parabens, etc. in products that I use. She took me straight over to this deodorant and told me how great it was. I then stopped to read the ingredient list on the container. It's loaded with parabens! When I asked the sales associate, she said, yes, only their new products are paraben free. So, my search for a new deodorant continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by Jyotsnakhan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it ! Its the best one i have used!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I have given this deodorant a fair shot. I wore it to work three days in a row and all I have to say is that it went from bad to worse. Within two hours of application I was literally sweating through my clothes. I was so embarrassed I had to throw on extra clothes to hide the sweat stains which only made the situation worse. No matter how much I applied (and I tried to be generous without overdoing it) I always wound up with sweaty pits and embarrassing sweat stains. When I took my clothes off at the end of the day, I realized that they actually smelled because I had been sweating so much. That has never happened to me with drugstore deodorant. Come on! For almost twenty dollars I should not have to worry about that. This is a rip off.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by missmoffat

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I live in an area that does not carry Kiehls, had bought it in a larger city. When I ran out I really missed it and did not want to buy another brand. It seems to me that it does not leave marks on my clothes, though I have not worn black in some time. From my experience all the brands that claim not to leave stains on black do. I was visiting some relatives recently and was asked what perfume I was wearing, I guess he liked it. Don't wear perfume, realized after I had just had a shower and used Kiehls deodorant. I wouldn't say an overpowering scent is left after using the product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by valeriiie

This did not work for me AT ALL. It was like I forgot to put deodorant on.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Noahdellebrume

Not so happy with this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by shi1

I've been wearing this weather through warm and hot and humid weather (up to 40 degrees celsius). I don't really think there is anything that can stop you from perspiring completely, nor do I think this would be good for you since your body sweats for a reason. I personally am not a particularly sweaty person but I can get pretty sweaty/smelly pits. I absolutely need some sort of deodorant/anti-perspirant. In my younger years, I have tried natural remedies like washing my pits with salt, using those crystal deodorant rocks but in the end I stuck with good ol trust worthy deodorants/anti-perspirants. I've tried those clinical strength ones that honestly don't seem to be all that much better than the regular ones.

My biggest HATE with wearing deos/a-p is that nasty residue it leaves on your pits. That white powdery residue that seems to never come off completely no matter how much I scrub. I hate how it seems to rub off onto my clothes and stay there even after washing and leave a nasty stain. Which brings me to why I like this Kiehls anti-perspirant so much. It doesn't do that! Its a cream and it actually washes off and my pits actually feel nice and clean. No gunk whatsoever.

Recently, I've become sensitive to some deodorants causing irritation so I'm happy to say that this one doesn't. I would suggest not using it straight after waxing because the cream may get into your pores.

I find it does a better job of keeping me odourless than regular stuff. It has gotten me even through the hottest days so I'm happy. I will only be able to tell whether or not it will stain my clothes in the long run, but if it doesn't, then it is well worth the price.

Some other points:
-the applicator is non standard since its a cream. It has a Juicy Tube type applicator so it takes a little more time to apply but its not overly cumbersome
-its a cream it takes a few extra seconds to dry
-It costs about 20$ so its quite a bit more than a regular deodorant

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by gingery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was hoping this would be my miracle deo but it's not to be. Fortunately I bought it in the winter, so I was able to use it up and it did a decent job. But I noticed that it would not stand up to a workout, so I only used it on days that I didn't go to the gym. I definitely wouldn't trust it in the summer. It also irritated my underarms slightly. Considering the price it was disappointing.

As for the applicator, that didn't bother me as I would just squeeze out a bit and then apply it like a normal deo. The smell is also good - not the usual baby powder scent that most smell like.

I'll be trying the Donna Karan product next since that is getting good reviews on here.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by chuppachups8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

After all these fantastic reviews, I was really realllllyy hoping it would work.
It honestly did absolutely nothing in terms of an 'antiperspirant'. It didn't reduce sweat AT ALL so l had uncomfortable wet underarm patches and smelt like sweat just 2 hours into a humid morning. Also, it was 6 times more expensive than normal drugstore deodorants in Australia so it wasn't worth the purchase.