September 30, 2014 | 1554 users online

Moisturizers - Avon - Maximum Moisture Super Hydrating Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Sugarmints

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've already gone through 3 jars of this stuff and this is the only product that relieves the dryness on my skin. The color is a very pretty blue and feels extremely refreshing when you put it on. I don't think the smell is strong or unpleasant, it smells rather watery and fresh. It also has a cooling effect which I love. I really recommend this to those with really dry skin, especially during the winter.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2010 8:11:00 AM More reviews by bunyipgirl

Bought this because my friend at the time was an Avon rep and recommended this to me. I have quite sensitive, combination skin, and I don't think this works well on it. I like the smell, and the gel consistency, which in fact makes me continually use it. I'm about a third of a jar down, but every time I use it, it just makes my face extremely sticky, and then tightens my skin and makes it shiny a while later. If I put it on just before I go to bed as a mask, I will tend to break out the next morning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Indrawn

I LOVE the way this gel feels on my skin, not at all like those normal creamy moisturisers. This feels very cool to the skin, smooth - not at all sticky, and instantly makes me feel hydrated. x] Feels very nice and refreshing when you apply it to your entire face, and sticking your finger into the bright blue-coloured gel is somewhat amusing.
A recommended buy!

- - -
PRICE [3] | PACKAGING [4] | REPURCHASE [yes]

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2009 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Teff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product coz the hydrating properties are superb. But one thing I hate is the smell. At first it smells like ginger, but towards the end of the application I notice that the smell becomes rather pungent, almost like fish food!! And the texture is rather sticky too. Being in a hot and humid Asian country, I cant apply this during the day. I only use this at night coz I sleep in an air conditioned room, so the texture becomes perfect for that sorta environment. I would recommend this to anyone who suffers from the occasional dryness on the face, use it like a thick hydrating gel, leave it on for 15 minutes then rub it in and go to sleep. Wake up the next morning with dewy looking skin :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2009 2:24:00 AM More reviews by wingedfrog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I like the colour of this, and the novelty factor of it being truly gel-like. The scent to me is reminiscent of raw ginger or something, not entirely pleasant. As for being moisturizing, I don't find it does a very good job which was sort of surprising to me. Perhaps it was the deceptive colouring!
I now use this only for the cooling effect it gives upon application for on sunburn. Keep it in the fridge to make it cold and this is even better!
I wouldn't recommend this for anything other than putting on sunburns, but there are still better products for that purpose if you're wanting them.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Sweet_treat816

This is a staple for me. I have really dry skin and this helps hydrate before i apply makeup, and its a pretty good price considering how long it lasts

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by BellaDiva

I like the theory of this product but in reality it doesn't do anything for my skin. It has a cooling effect, but it is really sticky and doesn't smell all that nice. I can't see any outstanding hydrating benefits so I don't recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2008 3:25:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

This really is like a gel...unlike some products which claim to be a gel but is more like a cream-gel. I love the colour of this! Reminds me of the water in maui! hehe. Scent is kinda strong, but tolerable. I love the cooling feeling this has upon application. I imagine it being quite useful in the summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2008 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Integra97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this at night on top of my regular moisturizer during the winter, or as a nighttime eye gel. I don't have any problem using this around my eyes and do not find it irritating. It does not cause me any breakouts or skin problems. Think this is OK for the price, I don't have any issues with it, but would probably not buy again because I am just not sure it really does that much for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2008 7:46:00 PM More reviews by captormoonlu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this for 7.50 CDN. I wouldn't recommand this as a moisturizer. It's really sticky and the smell is really strong. It leaves my skin shiny and stinky. As a mask, it's alright. Nothing too noticeable or long lasting. The ingredients in this is cheap and ineffective, which I suppose is right for the price. My skin is really picky so I won't be repurchasing this.