April 24, 2014 | 1485 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Giorgio Armani - Professional Make-Up Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2007 10:53:00 PM More reviews by mosesmom

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a good product that delivers what it promises. When I wear it my makeup stays put all day and looks polished - it also is not drying, which is a big plus for me. The silicones make the product glide on smoothly. That said, I only wear this on special occasions because it makes me break out - I don't get deep pimples from this, but the day after I wear it I can count on 2-3 small ones cropping up.

This is an insanely expensive product for what it is...given the rare times I use it, I don't plan to ever repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 10:52:00 PM More reviews by vanbergc

Well guys...it's just not all that. I find this product completely average. It didn't keep my forehead matte for all that long on my combo skin. It does have a nice consistancy, and it's easy to layer foundation over, but if I had looked at the ingredients before I bought instead of relying on MUA recommendation, I would NOT have bought it. It only has 3(three, read tha-ree) ingrdients...all silicones. INGREDIENTS: cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, and dimthicone vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer. All VERY cheap components.

Anyhow, for us combo skins who need some mattifiying, nothing works as well for me as Philosophy's The Present (at less than half the price): [Ingredients:Water, Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Lavendula Augustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.]

I may take this back...it also errupted when I opened it and I lost tons of product. Too expensive for average performance.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2007 11:41:00 PM More reviews by maya5

great for great skin no primer is good for all too dry skin

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2007 12:28:00 PM More reviews by belle3333

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this primer and believe me when I say... I've tried them all.It makes your skin feel like satin adn make up goes on beautifully!!!! ..A keeper for me!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 6:50:00 PM More reviews by HeyButters

This primer is pretty darn good! The first time I squeezed it out of the tube, I gasped at how good it felt on my hand! It really does create the perfect canvas for applying makeup. I have used it with MSF but I'm planning to use LSF with it as well. Very Expensive! it burned a hole in my wallet! but so far so good. It does control oil and keeps my makeup on my face even through heat and humidity most of the day. I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2007 8:33:00 PM More reviews by citygirl05

I assume that "Professional Makeup Primer" is the same product as GA Fluid Master Primer... so here is my review.

I have been using Smashbox Primer for awhile now, both the basic, clear primer and the version with Dermalyx. I gave up on the Dermalyx after one bottle because I did not notice a difference and it was incredibly difficult(even more difficult than clear version) to get product out of the bottle. I eventually also gave up on the clear version for basically the same reason- hard to get product out of the bottle when there was at leave 1/3 of bottle left. Also, while it felt great going on it started to feel a little slippery as the day wore on and makeup disappeared on my face. So my decision to give up on Smashbox was involved more than getting the product out of the bottle.

I decided to try GA Fluid Makeup Primer based on reviews here and my previous positive experience with GA cosmetics. The Saks MA person had to order it for me from another store because it has been sold out for quite awhile at NJ store and online.

Received it several days ago in the midst of all the heat and horrible humidity in NJ. I was still using Smashbox product but hating it especially since I knew GA was coming soon! Used it twice already while it has still been hot and humid and felt a difference right away. My GA LSF stayed on nicely and my face did not feel suffocated and claustrophobic despite the humidity.

I am in my mid-50's and always have had good skin with enough oil in it to have kept many wrinkles away but 50-something skin is still 50 something skin. GA Fluid Master Primer is wonderful-product, packaging and all. Luminious sheer foundation is also wonderful for day and evening.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2007 6:38:00 AM More reviews by alissab

This is a great makeup primer, smooths pores and skin like no other. It is very similar to Skindinavia's Eye and Face Primer, though I think the GA does not 'hold' make up on the face as long or as well. Though I still love the product and the smooth finish and light gel texture is great for those who's main concern is wanting to create the perfect base for foundation application.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2007 7:06:00 PM More reviews by kristinpinkstar

my skin is dry dry dry... consumes all my makeup, i received a sample of this when i bought LSF, fluid sheer and #2 sheer blush. i used it once when i first got it but it didnt really get put to the test until this weekend when i went to a wedding, humidity off the charts, standing in the sun all day... and my foundation stayed on my face literally from 7am till 2am... i couldnt believe it. i did not need a touch up. this is pretty expensive ($62 CAD) but i think i will definately buy it once this sample runs out

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2007 9:54:00 AM More reviews by clay2626

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was having a problem with my HG foundation, LSF, it was just not staying on my face, bought this recently at SAKS Atlanta and it has made a huge difference in keeping the foundation in place. Even in humid conditions I can now wear the LSF with only one or two touch ups where as before by mid-day I wanted to take it all off due to my oily outbreaks. Love this stuff! Once again Armani comes out with a great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2007 12:11:00 PM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Just used the master primer for the first time this AM. Great, Great stuff. smooth makeup application, seemingly poreless complexion, fine lines seem to have disappeared, especially since I am over 50. This stuff is a miracle in a tube. Will Definintely repurchase even though the price is very high for a primer.