Chanel Infrarouge

I love Chanel Infrarouge lipsticks.
Great texture and great colors.
Especially Chanel reds never fail to impress me.

on 12/10/2006 10:28:00 AM

I had never had a Chanel l/s before, and I got 2 of them in a swap. I don't really like the Infrarouge all that much - they seem very thick to me and I have to apply with a lip brush or just kind of dab them on and then blend with my fingers. I usually wear gloss over them too. They can be a bit drying. The colors are great though and last forever. They just smell like lipstick, they are not scented like MAC l/s. The coverage is great, but a little thick. Mine are up for swap, I just don't see myself wearing these all that often. The packaging is great though - sturdy and very pretty tubes with the Chanel CC logo on top.

on 1/7/2005 3:24:00 PM

I think these lipsticks are truly awesome quality. Unlike other reviewers, i think that there are so many beautiful, wearable shades. In fact I only trust Chanel Infrarouge when it comes to red/wine color because these shades are so demanding and needs to have staying power. Infrarouge lasts and lasts. They may not be the creamiest lipsticks but they are lightweight and lasting. If I could afford I would only buy these lipsticks, because they are simply perfect. I have mango clace, scarlet and cool nature. They are all gorgeous. Scarlet and Cool Nature being some very wearable red shades. No scent.

on 2/27/2004 9:33:00 AM

Tried this in Volcano, a bronzy dark brown! Was ga-ga over the metallic sheen when it first emerged but got sick of it later, tho the color fits me well for evenings. Chanel lippies are pretty smooth, and the sticks are pretty vulnerable to breaking, @ least to me!! Much prefer their lip compacts hafta admit the quality is gd, even for infrarouge

on 2/11/2004 1:26:00 PM

I recently bought Chanel Infrarouge in Hot. It is a really hot color! I just like the infrarouge colors, they are the reason I go to Chanel. I wear this lipstick for day, but it's not too much since the rest of my make-up is really natural and I with my pale skin I kinda look like Snowwite. Always use a lip pencil (like Chanel's Roux). The pigment of Infrarouge is great! EDIT: They do indeed dry the lips.

on 1/28/2004 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about infrarouge. On the plus side, this lipstick glides on super smooth and non cakey. It's extremely light in feel which is unusual for matte lipsticks. It also has no annoying fragrance if that bothers you. The negatives: Slightly drying after extended wear. And here comes my big one......WHY!!!??? Why, why, why is Chanel obsessed with creating colors that are mostly cool toned and fuschia, purple, coral based? WHY? I don't find that particularly fashion forward, nor flattering. This problem plagues infrarouge. There have been many many times I have tested a Chanel product and enjoyed it's texture, but could not find a single color that was flattering/pretty/non-hideously bright and unnatural. Malibu was the lone shade I found in the infrarouge line that was wearable. I would gladly buy more if there were more decent colors to choose from.

on 9/25/2003 6:06:00 PM

It has a tendency to be a little drying but that can be solved with a tad bit of gloss or moisturizer on the lips beforehand. It has super lasting power though...I loved the nude infrarouge. Great for asians looks like a ruddy mucky brown but actually amazing on the lips. try it you would be surprised at the results! it is great with a little bit of bronze or gold in the centre. Since it lasts so long and has such a unique sheen to it, it is worth every penny! Dryness is minimal and def not like that lostlastinglipstick kind of dry.

on 4/21/2003 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used several formulations of Chanel l/s over the years. Infrarouge has a light, smooth texture. I have #39 (rose flash), a very PINK l/s. When I bought it, I also got the Tickled Pink glossimer to match. Most days it looks fine, but I was wary at first...it used to be that I could not wear PINK (i.e., loud pink with too much blue) b/c I would look too doll-like (or worse). I think I would buy another Infrarouge, but maybe not rose flash again...

on 1/28/2003 7:24:00 AM

This is a wonderful long-lasting lipstick. I find it a little drying, but I prep with lipbalm and then top with gloss anyway, so no biggie. I love the shimmer and the unique colours- and the packaging is so elegant to boot.

on 2/12/2003 7:04:00 PM

I have this in Malibu, and have repurchased it 3 times. Whenever I wear this, I get so many compliments on it. It's heavy coverage, and lasts FOREVER. The shimmer is wonderful. The color range for these is limited IMO, but you will probably find one you love. Treat yourself to this one!

Popular Lipsticks