December 19, 2014 | 1415 users online

Moisturizers - Lancome - Absolue cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sort of a mixed review for this product, and that is because I have been using it for a year, but just found out how expensive it is... To elaborate, I saw 0.5 ounce jars of Absolue Premium at an outlet for $6 a piece. I literally knew nothing about the product, but I was intrigued by it and the sales associate stressed that it was a REALLY nice cream for a VERY good price. I bought 2 and I've kept one in my purse to use on my hands and face as needed throughout the day. I have very dry skin and it's nice to have something small, portable and inexpensive (yet effective) that I can carry around all the time. It beats having to carry around a big tub of greasy Aquaphor.

I like the cream. It smells good (although the scent is very strong) and it sinks in quickly. It hydrates without being greasy or heavy. I like the texture/ formulation a lot, actually. I planned on buying more... until I saw the price!!!

I cannot believe this product retails for $150! Had I known that, I would have bought 10 of the little clearance pots at the CCO. I am sad, because I really wanted more, but I am not willing to pay that price. I think there are other products at a much lower price point that work just as well. For me anyway, a product has got to work miracles if I'm going to shell out $150 for it, and basically this is just a really nice moisturizer, nothing *that* special.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by JK701

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cream! It's light, but seems to be a powerhouse. It smells and feels good. I use it at night time around my eyes and laughlines. I have been using it for over a year now, and I think it's working, I don't have wrinkles!! I would recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by dyann301

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolue Premium cream is amazing for dry skin! It is absorbed instantly, leaving my skin feeling soft and looking radiant. The texture is light with a pleasant smell. I use the day and night cream along with the eye cream. I used to use Chanel's Sublimage and this is just as nice at a much lower cost. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2010 7:37:00 AM More reviews by sipsmartini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well I'm fortunate to have got a couple little jars of this stuff from Lancome gift sets because little did I know it was $95 for a full one! Talk about a luxury moisturizer, although when it comes to moisturizers, you can't beat Creme de la Mer's price tags. However, facial moisturizer is just one of those things I would be willing to spend money on because it's a daily essential that goes on your skin every day and sits on your skin all day. This moisturizer really impressed me although the fact that it's a cream intimidated me at first. Cream to me usually means it's too heavy and will make me feel like a greaseball. Au contraire! This cream went on smooth, instantly absorbed, made my skin feel moisturized and plump without any greasiness and just the right amount of hydration! It really feels like a luxury cream. This small trial size jar has lasted me over a month now; a little goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by alilstar23

Awesome cream. I have tried so many creams and this cream is amazing. THE ABSOLUE PREMIUM NIGHT CREAM IS MAGIC IN A BOTTLE A MUST HAVE!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2008 9:58:00 AM More reviews by hdooley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Except for High Resolution, I find that Lancome creams break out my sensitive skin, and are either sticky or way too "rich" - read that greasy. This is no exception. May work well for someone with excessively dry skin, but not for my 52 year old normal to slightly oily (in the T zone) skin. Would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2007 6:05:00 PM More reviews by JudgeJudy41

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My boyfriend bought me the Lancome skincare 5 piece kit for Christmas. The best I can figure, his niece works in that dept. for Macy's. Heavens sakes, I would never request that skincare - ever. I tried Lancome a few years ago and couldn't stand all the fragrance that is in all their skin care line. Not a hint of fragrance, but downright overpowering perfumey smell. Geez, my skin can't even begin to take that. Anyway, I opened a few of the jars, and it all came back to me - ad nauseam. He meant well but Lancome's whole skincare line rates ZERO for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2007 2:50:00 PM More reviews by babydolltrish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well I think I am probably among the minority here on this, but i really love this cream. The smell is divine, and the benefits i think are wonderful. My skin is soft, my lines are plumped and after i let it dry a minute, my bare minerals glide right over it beautifully. Yes it is a bit expensive (took one lippie off for that), but i bought my last one in a gift set, and got several things for $115.00 including the night cream. I have always loved the Absolue line, and actually the fragrance is what drew me to it to begin with, and now i am a faithful friend. I love it with my Tonique Confort, and Huile Clarte cleansing oil. I am only 35 and i know it is intended for more mature skin types, but it is just perfect for me with no greasy or heavy feel at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2007 6:53:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Overall I like this cream and I went through two jars before I decided not to buy it again. I have dry skin, and while this does seem to smooth out my skin, it's not hydrating enough. I usually have to put something else on top of it to keep from drying out, so why spend the money?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2007 9:28:00 AM More reviews by hellolizzie3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this moisturizer. I have combination/dry skin and i love the texture this leaves my skin for putting makeup on in the morning. I love the smell and I love the fact that this has spf in it. I do agree that the active ingredients are not intended to cause exfoliation or cell turn over. There are no aha's or retinols here. This is just intended to be a very hydrating day cream. I have used severa; jars and will buy it again.