Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 3/5/2015 7:49:00 PM

I've been using Clinique's face powders for years and they have always worked well for me. I'm always looking for new oil-controlling powders to try since my T-Zone is pretty oily and usually I use Clinique's Superpowder Double Face Powder which works great. So recently when I saw this Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder at my local CCO I decided to give it a try. I have to say, I'm really glad I did and wish I had tried it earlier because I prefer this.

I purchased the shade 01 Stay Buff and the color is an excellent match for my skin-tone (MAC NW20 for reference). It applies smoothly and sets my concealer (Clinique's All About Eyes) and foundation (Clinique's Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup) really well without looking powdery or cakey. I find it controlling the oil in my T-Zone fairly well too, I only have to blot once during the day if that and it covers pores and has excellent staying power.

Overall I'm pretty impressed with Clinique's Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder and can definitely see myself repurchasing it in the future!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I purchased the Stay Matte Foundation recently and I really like it but, thought I should use a powder for extra staying powder. Well, after going to two Macys and not finding the loose powder I settled on the pressed powder.

This morning I set my foundation with the pressed powder using a brush and 2 hours later I noticed oiliness that I didn't even see the days I was using the foundation alone.

I will be returning this product and trying the loose powder hopefully with much better results.

on 10/7/2014 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Why they did suggested me this while I have dry skin?
Too powdery, made me look cakey.

on 9/23/2014 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Ok I'm going to try to make this review as short as possible. My t-zone is super super oily. Thus powder, does not help to control my oil. I held the powder up in the sunlight and noticed this product has a little shimmer in it. WHY. Ugh. Us oily skinned folks know that, yes the natural matte finish of a matte powder with shimmer looks nice at first but, when your oil starts to peak through it is just really shiny. I much prefer my MAC blot powder. This powder DOES look really good initially, and doesn't cake up when you re-tocuh and does make your face look really smooth so that is why I rated it a three. Sadly I would not re-purchas. I would suggest this to most people except this with very oily skin.

on 8/25/2014 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This definitely is matte, but it is too matte for me and it looks unnatural. I used to like that look, but as I am getting older, I like a more dewy and natural look. This is a great product for the very oily who like a very matte look.

on 4/16/2014 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this powder to set my undereye concealer and my t-zone after I apply bb cream/foundation. like the name,it is sheer so it won't give much coverage. this powder also comes in handy when I over apply my blush,I just go over the blush using a fluffy brush. I don't mind using the sponge when I'm out and about but I also wash the sponge at least once a week. I just wish clinique revamped their packaging,its so 90's.

on 4/15/2014 6:34:00 PM

To start off this review, I'm not a girl who wears face makeup all the time. And when I do, all I use is powder because I don't need to cover up my skin. But my skin can tend to get oily. So I go for some matte finish powder so I don't have to worry about that.

So I bought this powder and I was impressed! My skin was glowing and perfect. The shininess was gone. But the downfall was that it didn't last for long. It probably lasted for 3 or 4 house before I felt like the powder was off my face.

I recommend this product if you want a light sheer powder for a fresh glowy look, but not if you want to wear it for hours and hours and hours.

on 4/4/2014 10:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have this compact in Translucent and I love it. It's been a staple in my purse for about 6 months, and there are no complaints about it. The lack of fragrance is great, as I am against scenting facial skincare. Gives a nice matte finish to blot oily skin, but the effect does not last without my blotting papers. I would repurchase because the price is right and it doesn't cause any issues with my finicky skin.

on 3/8/2014 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've used this foundation daily for the past 5 months and have just started to hit the pan. I paid $22 at Ulta for this. I love the way this powder gives me a poreless look and helps control my oily skin. This doesn't make me breakout. I'd say it gives light to medium coverage so it may not be the best option if you have a lot to cover up, but I do find it works pretty well with concealer to hide blemishes. I love the marbled green compact and plan on rebuying when I've finished the product

on 3/5/2014 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have been using this for 10 years now, since high school. Good price, long lasting, does not break me out. I still have to use oil blotters throughout the day, but it applies nicely and I've never had a reaction.