April 17, 2014 | 1017 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Forever Metallics Lipstick - Silver Lilac

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by fwilmore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really can't agree with the other reviewers about the color of this lipstick. On me (NC-30 for reference) it looks more like a neutral beige with brown/grey undertones. I didn't see any hint of lilac in this color. It made me look washed out, even dead. I won't wear this one again! With clear gloss on top, it looked much better but turned more beige. I'm uploading my pic so that you can see what it looks like on me. The pic looks better than what it did in person.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

Another one of the shades I chose on my Dollar store visit. I do like this one very much. It is a pastel pink with hints of lilac on me. The silver shows up as a very nice glisten. I was playing with my new lipsticks last evening before bed and applied this one. It went on very smooth, creamy, and moist. The color was very delicate as well. I got up this morning and could still see a very light glisten on my lips! Not so much color, but then the color is light on me to start with. I do like these Metallic shades for their moisture, cream, sheen, and their wear ability. I think you could wear these to work, around your home, and on a night out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2006 2:04:00 PM More reviews by ml44

I bought this at Dollar Tree. It is an understated color that nonetheless shows up on my nearly NC20 skin. When I put this on the color is more neutral than silver or lilac. It is great to have a neutral that is not beige, coralish or brown. I thought the color might be too dark but it comes to life on my skin. The shimmer is not obvious, just enough to give my lips a look of more volume. This lipstick lasts a very long time. it is great when you are having lunch out. As long as you don't eat greasy foods and try not to drag food over your lips, it will look about the same after lunch as before. This looks good with bronzer because it warms up the cool tone of the lipstick. One drawback is that it is drying. If you try to touch up it won't be smooth like the initial application. Better to take it off, apply some moisturizer or sunblock, let it sink in and reapply. would purchase a second for backup if i find another one for $1.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2006 3:02:00 AM More reviews by DiorBliss

Very pretty looking lipstick. Very pretty packaging. I admit, I do have a penchant for shiny things and I do like purple. I'm pretty happy with it. It goes on nicely, but I guess I need a primer or something to give it some bang because it also makes my lips look a little dry and the colour doesn't really stand out as much as on the model. Oh well, I'm quite lazy with my lips so I think I should stick to simple lipgloss. Otherwise, its not a bad product. Just needs some extras to give it a boost and that 'WOW' factor.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2004 7:31:00 PM More reviews by moonsista

I was hoping that these new Forever Metallics would have more of a metallic edge but they are really just lipstick that is very shimmery. They have the same look and feel of the original Forever Lipstick but just contain much more shimmer. However, these metallic lipsticks have really grown on me in the past two months or so. I noticed that they aren't as dry as I originally thought and I like some of the unique shades.

Silver Lilac is a medium, shimmery plum/lilac shade that is very unique. It's not really metallic, but more shimmery. It sort of reminds me of an old shade that L'Oreal had back in the 80's that I loved.

I really like this shade and the Metal Mauve shade. They are the perfect shades for me and I like how they last a bit longer than normal lipsticks. continued >>