October 26, 2014 | 1022 users online

Pressed Powders - Sephora - all over skin pressed powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to use this to help even out my red/blotchy skin tone and help combat oils ( i have SUPER oily skin) it works really well! i ran out ages ago and havent really though about it since, but i was in sephora and found it and remembered how great it is !! the light shade matched my pale, cool skin very well

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by christineneogoh

I bought this as I have tried Sephora's mineral compact powder which, in my opinion, is a fantastic powder. I have this in D25 which is a perfect match to my NC25 skin.

I went home with this and tried it the very next day. Upon opening the product, I was greeted with an over powering old school powder smell which smells really really bad to me. I feel like grandma... anyways, as I use this as a touch up powder when I am outside, I tried to locate the mirror and sponge, twisted, flipping, you name it, I have done it. I couldn't find it!!! Then I realized, it DOES NOT come with any sponge or mirror .. OH MY GOD, Sephora! How can you be so cheap!!!

Back to the product, I applied this with a flat top dense brush from sephora and I was pleasantly surprised by how the powder melts into my skin and not sitting on it like other face powders. It was able to give me a really freshly made up look and there's a wee bit of coverage, which is sufficient for touch ups.

I will definitely buy this again due to the fact that no other powders are good enough to melt into my skin during touch ups and I shall tolerate the stinky scent and lousy packaging of this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by jazzsm191

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this powder. I use it only on my nose and on my chin (oily spots) because if I apply it on my cheeks, they look "fuzzy". This powder matches my skin tone EXACTLY. Like right on. It's great. I apply it with a brush, and just a tip for you. If you get this "fuzzy" affect (caused by peach fuzz on skin) apply foundation, powder, blush, etc. downwards, it really makes a difference. I recommend every one to at least try this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 3:07:00 AM More reviews by janejp

This was my first powder and I love it. Goes on smoothly and evenly. Makes my skin look natural. For my 2nd powder I wanted to try Bare Escentuals, but I prefer Sephora over this. I don't like loose powders as you have to be extra careful with it to avoid making a mess, and it also doesn't give me the even coverage I got with Sephora. I will be going back to Sephora after I'm done with Bare Escentuals.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2008 1:32:00 PM More reviews by evimarie15

i bought this powder last night and i wasn't expecting awesome results because it was sephora brand but i stand corrected. it's a really good powder, its not too cakey and it had good coverage. i bought it in DO5 because i'm scary pale and it doesnt just blend into my skin and just sit there like some other powders, it actually brings a little warmth into my face. its really nice i think i found my new powder foundation for now

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 12:57:00 PM More reviews by lba619

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The powder is OK, but the packaging is the problem. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2007 3:31:00 PM More reviews by bestscreennameever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Lately this has been selling for $6 instead of $12 so I hope they aren't planning on discontinuing this!!! This is one of the best powders I have ever used--color-wise. A young lady at Sephora matched me with R15 (cool porcelain); I am a cool PPP. This has pretty good coverage when you use a brush to buff it on, and it really helps even out my tone with a nice rosy glow instead of making me look like a washed-out Casper as many pale powders do. It does a decent job of mattifying your skin, sopping up oil, etc...for a while. After a few hours, the oilies start breaking through for me. The color selection is very, very good. My one complaint is the packaging...it contains no mirror!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2007 1:03:00 AM More reviews by aalleexxandra

I have this in d40, warm mocha. It is a really great powder for a relatively low price. I use it with a large powder brush and it evens out my skintone and cotrols shine in my tzone very well. I've been using it almost every day since last December and I'm only just starting to run out. I will definitely repurchase this powder, it's one of my favorites.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by mulzanza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in D20 for my Asian skin.

Pros: SO cheap for a considerable size of product and quality. I just buff it on with a big brush and i'm good. it does a good job of sopping up greasy looknig spots and creating a matte finish that isn't too heavy. I haven't had any problems with caking.

cons: staying power is questionable, especially around my nose area. also, the packaging is a bit off-putting... no sponge or brush or mirror? nothing? just a clear bit of plastic? I guess that's what you get for $6. also, since it goes on so sheer, i would not use this on a nake faced.

overall, it's decent. i would not repurchase simplyl because i'm looking for a powder that provides more coverage. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2006 1:36:00 PM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The things I like about this powder is that it is so reasonably priced, its finish is awesome (not too maskey and not too sheer), and the color selection is great. I put it on today on top of one of Sephoras luminzers and then dusted by cheekbones with blush; and I look like simply an enhanced version of myself, u can still see my skin which is what I wanted in the first place. So yes I like this powder, BUT the staying power is not so good (it will start disappearing soon so I have touched it up twice already and its mid day), also the smell is overpowering, its like a box of babypowder and tons of roses thrown at your face at once. Also, it would be nice if it did something like minimizing pores or covering redness, but all it does is 'even out skin a little bit' and give you a nice natural finish. So if that is what youare looking for this is definitely reasonable if you want more coverage or more staying power, no.