April 16, 2014 | 969 users online

Conditioner - Avalon Organics Botanicals - Biotin B-Complex Thickening

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by thedivinemissm83

I have long, fine hair, but it is very healthy. I am thinning a little in the front of my hairline and I was hoping this product would help improve my situation. I was very disappointed. The shampoo wasn't so bad but the CONDITIONER IS TERRIBLE and did nothing. I actually think it dried out my hair and made it brittle. I tried using alternative leave in conditioners/sprays, etc to try to improve my complaints, but no luck. This product might work well on someone with short hair but it's definitely not good for long lengths. I will not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by ChloeYoung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Doesn't moisture very well for my extremely dry hair and scalp. But the good side is it doesn't hurt my hair and cause fallout. The ingredients are mostly organic. But for the price point, it's not worth purchasing again. There are many natural hair products that cost less.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have fine hip length hair that is easily damaged and a dry scalp. Itís now fall here in Maine, and that means my normally dry scalp becomes a very irritated extra dry scalp and adds extra shedding to a normally heavy shedding period. To make matters worse, I do hair masks once a month and added Rosemary and Avocado Oil to my mix at the end of Aug. I had a bad reaction to one of them and my hair came out in clumps - making my hair noticeably thinnerÖ I canít take Biotin supplements because they make me break out, so I decided to look into a Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner as a way to strengthen and hold onto the hair that I still have. Iím so glad that I did! *No signs of breakouts caused by this conditioner BTW*

After a month of using this product (and Mill Creekís Biotin Shampoo), my hair looks very healthy and full despite the massive amount of hair loss I had the month before. Elasticity and strength have definitely improved. The longer I leave the conditioner in while I take a shower, the more shine I have when I get out and my hair does not tangle as badly as it used to (huge bonus for me! Most of the damage done to my hair is while trying to brush out tangles. Itís really a PITA sometimes). I like that this conditioner is PH Balanced, made with natural and organic ingredients and Sulfate, Paraben, phthalate, harsh preservative, artificial fragrance and color free.

I donít normally put conditioners on my scalp (causes build up which weighs down my hair and clogs hair follicles over time), but having a PH balanced conditioner with so many beneficial ingredients made me give it a try. My hair is still bouncy and full when it dries and my scalp is LOVING the extra moisture. I havenít had 1 single dry spot or flake since I started using it. Plus, I have also seen a slight increase in my hairs growth rate. I measure my hair monthly and itís normal growth rate is a little under ĺíí. Last month it was almost 1íí. Canít beat the price either! I bought this conditioner for $4.62 (14fl oz. ų $4.62 = $0.33 per oz!).

Overall, this conditioner met all of my expectations. Itís doing exactly what I bought it to do and a little more. I will be buying it again. Itís my HG fall conditioner!

*On a side note - I read a few other reviews that said it left their hair flat and dry. I dilute the conditioner with water before I put it on my scalp. For the length of my hair and ends, I squeeze out as much water as I can and apply the conditioner liberally. Leaving it in your hair for a few minís makes a huge difference. I have put it in and washed it out after about 1 min and my hair definitely did not retain as much moisture. The natural oils need a little time to penetrate the hair shaft.

INGREDIENTS: Aloe barbadensis leaf juice(1), aqua (water), glyceryl stearate SE, caprylic/capric triglyceride, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil(1), cetyl alcohol, stearic acid, stearyl alcohol, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil(1), avena sativa (oat) kernel extract(1)*, calendula officinalis flower extract (1), camellia sinensis leaf extract 91), chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract (1), citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit extract, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract (1)*, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower/leaf/stem extract(1), persea gratissima (avocado) fruit extract91)*, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract(1)*, serenoa serrulta fruit extract(1)(2), solanum lycopersicum (tomato) fruit/leaf/stem extract(1)*, tanacetum vulgare extract, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)(1), canarium luzonicum gum nonvolatiles, cedrus deodara wood oil, cedrus atlantica bark oil, citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, citrus limon (lemon) peel oil, copaifera officinalis (balsam copaiba) resin, coriandrum sativum (coriander) fruit oiol, eucalyptus citriodora oil, eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, ferula galbaniflua (galbanum) resin oil, geranium maculatum oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, metha piperita (peppermint) oil, persea gratissima (avocado) oil(1)*, pogostemon cablin (patchouli) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, simmnodsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil(1), styrax benzoin resin extract, zingiber officinale (ginger) root oil, cyamopsis tetragonoloba (guar) gum(1), hydrolyzed wheat protein, sorbitol, tocopheryl acetate alcohol (1), benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, limonene, linalool.

(1)Certified Organic Ingredient. (2)Saw Palmetto Extract. *Known as Biotin carrier. Product is preserved with Sodium Bnezoate.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by pinknika

I knew going into this, being that it has no silicones or any major conditioning ingredients that this was going to leave my hair dry. This provides no slip what so ever. In the shower, instead of combing conditioner through my hair with my fingers, my hair wouldn't budge when I ran them through, which is an indication that my hair probably will end up frizzy and tangly. Which it did. I think leave in conditioner could solve the problem, but I just want one quick step when I'm getting ready.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Jackieyay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really do like this product it has seemed to make my hair thicker and it seems a lot more healthy and just overall it's better. The only thing I have a problem with is that the conditioner doesn't really untangle your hair when you put it through it. It seems ti make it a bit more tangled, but to fix it I just take a comb. The shampoo doesn't really lather so its hard to feel if you rpare actually getting through your hair. But, I would definitely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by kkb7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

SO SAD! The old formulation of this conditioner was a solid 5, and they've changed it. Now it doesn't smell as good, leaves my hair flat on top and dry at the ends. Boo. Change it back! (I used the old one for four years!)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2011 4:26:00 AM More reviews by yukisanto

I used this together with the avalon biotin shampoo. It wasn't moisturing enough. it barely untangled my hair after the drying shampoo. In the end I had to pair another conditioner with the shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by heatheron7th

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this conditioner after reading the glowing reviews here. I am very disappointed and surprised. It does NOT volumize or thicken--actually quite the opposite. I have used it a number of times to give it a fair trial, and each time, my hair is lank, flat and blah, with very greasy roots the next day. My hair is somewhat fine but pretty normal otherwise and I am truly confused how this product has worked so well for so many of you! I do like the bottle and the scent, but oh well!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by jaritos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally, an organic conditioner for curls. I have 2b long hair and this stuff is great. I have tried other organic/natural products, but they've always been drying or result in frizz. This is moisturizing but not too heavy. It is nice and thick so you can distribute it through your hair with a wide-toothed comb (again, some natural conditioners are really thin and hard to work with). Plus it smells nice - herbal and fresh, not like cheap perfume or fruit candy. They have it at my local organic market and I will definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by theartyard

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this better that its accompanying biotin shampoo.
It conditions relatively well and does help to detangle my hair. It adds volume to my hair so I suppose it does live up to the 'thickening' part of the name.

Also, I like how the avalon shampoo and the conditioner doesn't aggravate my face- my acne has reduce ever since I started using their shampoo and conditioner. My previous shampoo/conditioner were not organic and likely had chemicals that my skin did not like. So definite thumbs up on this shampoo on terms of improving the acne on my face.

However, going back to it's benefits as a conditioner for my HAIR, I wouldn't give this 5/5 is because it doesn't add any shine to my hair and makes it look a bit on the dry side once I've washed it.
So even though I like it, I probably wouldn't buy again. I still want to try out organic shampoos and conditioners, but something a bit more moisturising without making my hair greasy.