Avalon Organics Botanicals Biotin B-Complex Thickening

3.6

Not tested on animals

Purified water, organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice (1), sodium cocoyl sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoyl sarcosinate, vegetable glycerin, serenoa serrulata (saw palmetto) fruit extract, panthenol (pro-vitamin B-5), biotin, thiamine, pyridoxine, niacin, riboflavin, polyquaternium-10, wheat protein, soy protein, citric acid, soyamidopropalkonium chloride, jojoba oil, organic helianthus annuus (sunflower) oil (2), sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, ethylhexylglycerin, organic rosamarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil (2), and other essential oils.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I'm no stranger to "natural" haircare, but this shampoo is nothing to write home about. How is it that an allegedly thickening formula actually leaves my hair flatter, limper, and greasier feeling? I usually wash my hair every other evening, and when I use this shampoo my hair gets so dirty feeling after 24 hours I really think hard about whether or not I want to go another day without shampooing (using another shampoo, of course). No volume to speak of, this acts more like a moisturizing formula than a thickening one. It has a light herbal scent and I do think that it helps with minimizing hair loss/daily shedding, but not with thickening or volumizing fine/limp hair. For a shampoo that delivers body and volume, try Andalou Naturals Lavender & Biotin shampoo.

For reference, I have fine, slightly wavy, non-color treated hair.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

My hair is fine and dry hair is thinning really badly. I tried Nioxin, not working at all for me. It gave me pimples on the scalp. So I happened to saw this on iherb, impulse buying it. And first use was a bit drying and straw like. Ask my hair stylist about it (he's a good friend), he said it's probably because it doesn't contain any silicone. After week of using it, my hair seems to settle down with it. No more straw like feeling. Noticed the oil production on my scalp seems to regulate from overactive to just slightly active. Hair fall seems to lessen but I do not see an improvement in new hair growth but its fine for me. I use a tiny amount of coconut oil on my ends to prevent split ends. After switching a few shampoo, I still think this work the best.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I have very fine hair and about a year ago I really damaged it in order to turn in blue, which was fun while it lasted. I've been letting the damaged hair grow out; it has been slow going. I have been on a madly search to find a shampoo and conditioner that would add some life into my dead strands. This however just left my hair oily and none the healthier.

I have baby fine hair, and I've been going more natural with my haircare and skincare and skincare. When it comes to my hair, I'm always looking for anything with the words volumizing, or thickening, or biotin. With conventional shampoos I would have so much hair falling out into my bathtub. I guess in a way that has resulted in having thicker hair. Even my ponytail has gotten thicker ever since using this. Also this shampoo lasts a long time, I've used this same bottle for 5-6 months now, and it's only 14 oz.

I really wish I had started using this stuff sooner. My hair has become so much stronger and healthier. I will never use another shampoo/conditioner combo again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not to wax poetic about my hair journey over the past couple years but...I've been trying to grow my hair out (nothing crazy, just to the clavicle region) for literally two years or more with no success. My shorter layers would get a little past my chin and my longer layers a smidge past my shoulders, but would be dull, tangly, and split, so I'd have to cut off 2-3 inches, because I'm not into long but unheathy hair.

So in order to grow healthy hair, In the past I've bought into the whole "conventional is evil" and "natural is always better" conversation that's been popular as of late. But I've finally realized that for me personally, natural is not always better. This goes for my hair and my skin. And this realization comes with a LOT of trial and error, so the peeps out there claiming that "You have to give the natural stuff long enough to purge your system, etc" might be right in some cases, but definitely not mine. My hair and skin functions much better with some man-made chemicals, additives, what have you. All that being said, I also don't buy into the "expensive is always better" trope either. I use simple mostly drugstore skincare (un scented) and I'm using a drugstore sulfate-free shampoo, because I do think sulfates are too harsh for everyday use.

This shampoo and conditioner combo was just too stripping for my hair, which is fine and very thirsty. Yes, it made it feel and look more voluminous, but I think that's because it was 'fluffed up' from being so dry, and after a few days, due to a lack of nourishment, I had massive tangles, a wirey texture, and a ton of fallout. I tried remedying the drying issue with alternating with another natural moisturizing shampoo and conditioner every few days, but they didn't really do much because dang-it! I just need a little bit of those slippery silicones. As I reiterate in my other reviews, this is just my personal experience with my weirdo hair texture. I'm sure this might work for folks with fine, thinner hair that just isn't as dry and needy as mine.

Just FYI, I've been using a sulfate free L'Oreal shampoo and a Dove conditioner for about a week and my hair looks healthier than it has in several months. I know it's just a week, but the fact that I can run my hand through my hair without snagging tangles and pulling out a clump of hair is really making me feel happy and confident. And I don't think I'll be jumping on the all-natural train again anytime soon.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Me: I have waist length hair, fine and thick, or it was until it began to fall out.

Why I tried this shampoo: I've tried various methods for stopping this and have switched to this shampoo five months ago, with which I am very impressed. I noticed a link with eating sugar ( maybe this is just me I don't know but my scalp ached more when I ate sugar) and also hormones, time of the month, was causing the loss and for the time.

Usage: Since I've used this shampoo I've had less hairloss than was normal before I had such problems. I need very little of the shampoo to clean my hair & rather nicely it seems to sink into the scalp and hair and feed them whilst I leave it on for five minutes before rinsing. My hair feels very soft, silky, shiny and thicker using this. I have a very dry scalp and this shampoo has helped keep comfortable and non flaking. Am very happy with this and my hair does look swishy, full and lustrous. My scalp feels tingly fresh and comfy despite having a very dry scalp in the past. I use no conditioner with it, no need, just oil the ends though I will try the matching conditioner as this shampoo has made me question if I ever really had any hairloss problems, I can't see it, was it all imagined? Did I really lose hair daily for a year and worry myself to sleep? I know I did but my hair and me Have forgotten such nightmares. I hope this shampoo may help others in a similar situation. Sugar was also banned from my diet.

Update:
Another big plus, having begun trying to wash my hair weekly, one dry shampoo mid week and have found that because this is such a gentle & so very mild shampoo that am having no trouble switching to infrequent shampooing and co-washing. This from someone who used to prefer to wash my hair daily. Highly recommended for those wanting a gentle run up and easy transition to 'no shampooing,' 'low shampooing,' or 'co-washing.' In fact am wondering if I even need to go the no shampooing route for hair health as this shampoo is quite like a co-wash formula anyway in it's gentleness and my hair has much thicker growth since I began using this and it's matching conditioner. For results with the conditioner see my review.

I have oily scalp but dry hair which shedding quite a lot recently so I looked out for solution and tried this shampoo. I almost finished the bottle to find out this doesn't work for me.. It doesn't cleanse that well and weigh down my hair.. It is an organic shampoo which I expect it to make my hair healthier but I feel that my hair become weaker and oilier now.. Definitely won't repurchase this one and the search for solution to my hair problem continues.. *sigh*

I have been using this shampoo for two years and it has really helped prevent my hair from thinning. It is a bit expensive compared to regular shampoos but it's really worth the extra penny.

I'm a big fan of this shampoo, I switch off with a Mill Creek Biotin Shampoo..I find if I use too much of any shampoo my hair gets used to it...so I rotate between these 2 and it works for me. I have baby fine colored hair and both are gentle enough.

I have long hair that goes til about my waist. While using other shampoos, I noticed I was shedding a lot of hair. So I looked for a natural thickening shampoo and found this one. And I am glad I did. I am not sure if it actually encourages the growth of hair and I don't necessarily feel that I have gotten that much volume. But I do think I shed less since using this shampoo. And that is good enough for me, haha! I wouldn't really recommend the conditional though, I didn't find it moisturizing at all.