April 21, 2014 | 830 users online

Shampoo - Avalon Organics Botanicals - Biotin B-Complex Thickening

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by sweetbabylace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I adore this shampoo! It neither dries my hair out nor builds up on my hair. My hair is full, voluminous and fluffy when I use it. I do not have fine hair, but more medium-to-slightly-coarse hair. It makes my hair full and beautiful. I occasionally need more moisture, so I would not use this daily. However, a 2-3 times a week works great for me. This is the ONLY non-professional shampoo I will even use. I don't understand why no one else likes this! It is so gentle on the scalp, and it works!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by EmmaL101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo was horrible. I have fine, slightly oily hair and i found that when I used this shampoo my hair felt greasy immediately after I dried it. I think it must have been leaving some sort of coating on my hair. It was awful, i ended up throwing the bottle out. I would not recommend this to anyone!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Volchitsa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This really didn't do much for my hair at all over the time I used it (a few months). I have dry and thin hair, and the product didn't help as it advertised it would. It does smell very nice, though, and it cleaned my hair pretty well.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Katharine40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nothing special. It cleans my fine hair without stripping it, but it does NOT make it appear thicker or more volumized. In fact, I think the shampoo made my hair a little more limp. Not worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by vuvie

Works like any other organic shampoo. Smells nice, does not irritate skin.

Does nothing else either in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by thedivinemissm83

I have long, fine hair, but it is very healthy. I am thinning a little in the front of my hairline and I was hoping this product would help improve my situation. I was very disappointed. The shampoo wasn't so bad but the conditioner was terrible and did nothing. I actually think it dried out my hair and made it brittle. I tried using alternative leave in conditioners/sprays, etc to try to improve my complaints, but no luck. This product might work well on someone with short hair but it's definitely not good for long lengths. I will not buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Faybarry

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is drying - The old formula worked great. It actually thickened my hair. Now, not so much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Itís okay. It cleans my hair well, smells like lavender, and is reasonably priced. However, it definitely doesnít help my hair grow or make it feel any thicker or fulleróI think this is just a gimmick, or maybe my body doesnít respond to biotin, as Iíve taken the supplement and also seen no results.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by strixblog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, I ve been using this for about a month.
At first I thought it was the worst shampoo ever, being not used to sls free shampoo. Now I absolutely love this stuff. I have oily scalp and baby fine hair, and not so much of it. After a month I see baby hair all over my head and it gets longer and stronger every day. However this won't work for you if your hair is dry. I use the conditioner too, but start 10 cm away from roots, as my hair lays super flat if I don't.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Rosse3685

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I honestly had high expectations for this product because I love other Avalon products, however, I can say that this shampoo and conditioner didn't do much for my hair at all and it certainly did not thicken it or give it more volume. I think it actually almost weighed my hair down. I have to say that I like that the ingredients are all natural and that it kept my hair from shedding at much. Other than that, my hair was pretty lack luster and didn't find this product special, but not awful either.