September 1, 2014 | 2101 users online

Hair Treatments - Joico - K Pak Strengthening Tonic

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by artemis513

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is now called K-pak Liquid Reconstructor. I love this for my fine hair. It is comparable to the Deep Penetrating Reconstructor and I use it at least 1x/week. I have chemically relaxed and color-treated hair. Less damage and breakage. Soft, strong, shiny hair. Will definitely repurchase again and again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Scottish72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was a "hand-me-down" from my sister. I have only used it on my own hair which is medium-long, naturally wavy & very frizzy hair. The scent is okay, not over powering or unpleasant. I found that no matter how careful I was to not overdo in spraying/applying this product to my hair it always left it with a greasy and/or crunch to it. I think it detangles well, not the exception in all of the other products available on the market in this area. Other than the okay detangle it provided my hair I didn't experience any shine, strengthening, breakage/splitting benefits to using this product. I have since used it on my toddlers hair which is extremely difficult to get snarls out of. It has worked for her hair in that area. However remembering that less is more in application on her hair. I said yes to repurchase on this item but maybe is my answer at this point as I am hopeful that I will and can find a product out there that deliver's what this Joico product claims and doesn't for my own hair personally. Price tag is a bit steep for only detangling benefit that it gave my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2006 8:23:00 PM More reviews by kiaboo1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a leave-in with a purpose. First, it leaves my hair soft and shiny. Next, it strengthens my fragile hair. Lastly, it protects my hair. Oh, and it smells good (smells fruity). I was really suprised to see how thick it was. Which is perfect for my naturally kinky hair. It's not as watery as the other leave-ins that I have tried. Here's my routine: Wash, Condition, apply Carol's Daughter Tui jojoba spray, trap moisture with this leave-in, and style.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2004 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Carmen274

I'm a Fan of Joico's K-Pak serie. But this one really let me down :(
My hair didn't detangle at all, and i felt for to wash out the "hairspray" (felt really like a hairspray) right away.
Not good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2004 4:02:00 PM More reviews by muakitten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've repurchased this over and over, along with most of the other products in the Joico K-Pak line. These products are truly superior and definitely worth the money. They keep my color-treated hair in excellent condition, and they all smell great, too. I spray this strengthening tonic on damp hair & comb through it. Then I add some Joico K-Pak Leave In Protectant. Hair can then be either air dried or blow dried. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2004 5:31:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I've actually went thru two bottles of this stuff which is amazing b/c I usually get bored of hair products fast. I started using then when I was going thru my horrible hair breaking off fiasco. It really helped and I continued using it after my hair started getting healthier and I think this really contributed to helping my hair get back to normal. Its a light leave in spray with a pleasant scent. It lightly conditioned my hair and I think it did help in strengthening it.