November 26, 2014 | 1849 users online

Mascara - Hard Candy - Lash Freak Mascara in Tarpit

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 2:47:00 AM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well I wasnt floored by this product at all. I ran out of my max factor lash perfection so I got this in a swap thinking- hey Hard Candys a good brand with really good eyeshadows I use on a daily basis, this has got to be a good mascara. Not the case. I put one swipe and it looked like I slapped on some thin layer of black liquid oil. Keep in mind oil is really thin. Not noticable at all except that it made my lashes look a bit darker but thats about it. I didnt feel like wasting more time trying to layer- it would be pointless. If a mascara cant make a difference with one swipe its not good. Even my old brand maybellene mascara looked better and I really dislike that brand now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2007 3:15:00 PM More reviews by cavewoman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lash Freak is a good lengthening mascara but not for volume. I got nice length out of this, it's easy to add coats before it dries because it doesn't dry very fast. Absolutely no clumps whatsoever, and it's a good black that doesn't go ashy or gray-ish. But if volume is what you want, this isn't the one. I'm happy with the lengthening effect. No flaking either. A good basic everyday lengthening mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2007 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Faster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was an ok product.A little pricey, at about 14euros. There was a problem with it smudging under my eyes. The brush was also a little stubby making it hard to get to all my lashes. It was a nice inky black colour though. I dropped it down the toilet...i wasnt too upset & didnt re-purchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2006 11:04:00 PM More reviews by lissalynn

I actually kind of liked this...I have a problem with mascara smudging and ending up below my eye...but this one stays put. Not terribly thickening or anything, but I still like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2006 8:59:00 AM More reviews by carlalikesmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara SUCKS!! First of all you have to apply and re-apply like 3 or 4 times for it to even show. It seems like there's no mascara in the tube at all. I hate this mascara, I have avon and covergirl mascara's that put this to shame. I will never buy hard candy mascara again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2006 3:45:00 PM More reviews by iciclerain

I must say the name of this mascara is misleading. Lash freak? no there is nothing surprising about this product. does not volumize, does not lengthen. I don't know what it does, really. The only possible pro is that you can actually put on multiple layers and it won't cake.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2006 11:26:00 AM More reviews by snappleaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's okay, nothing really special. My lashes are just average, average length and thickness, and this didn't really do much. I like it, but it just doesn't have enough of an effect for me to repurchase it. Reasonable price and good packaging, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2005 11:05:00 PM More reviews by pinklikecandy

I have oily lids and live in a humid environment and this neither smudged nor flaked. Its formula is thinner than that of L'oreal Voluminous and it gives more length than volume. I apply this before curling my lashes and it does hold the curl very well. The brush isn't that impressive though. It's advertised as being "extra-fuzzy," but it's fairly ordinary. It tends to collect mascara clumps at the tip and it's also considerably shorter than my other mascara wands. I usually stick to drugstore mascaras, but I thought this was reasonably priced at $11 from Sephora. Overall I am pleased with this product and would purchase it again. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2005 6:38:00 PM More reviews by jodieleigh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised I like this! Gives length with minimal clumping and is nice and inky black. It also doesn't shed fibers into my eyes and make them itch like I find with SO many other mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2005 7:51:00 PM More reviews by BabyBritty25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's an ok mascara. Not one of my favs, but wasn't expensive so thats good. It takes a couple coats to work.