Hard Candy Lash Freak Mascara in Tarpit

3.1

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well I wasnt floored by this product at all. I ran out of my max factor lash perfection so I got this in a swap thinking- hey Hard Candys a good brand with really good eyeshadows I use on a daily basis, this has got to be a good mascara. Not the case. I put one swipe and it looked like I slapped on some thin layer of black liquid oil. Keep in mind oil is really thin. Not noticable at all except that it made my lashes look a bit darker but thats about it. I didnt feel like wasting more time trying to layer- it would be pointless. If a mascara cant make a difference with one swipe its not good. Even my old brand maybellene mascara looked better and I really dislike that brand now.

on 4/25/2007 3:15:00 PM

Lash Freak is a good lengthening mascara but not for volume. I got nice length out of this, it's easy to add coats before it dries because it doesn't dry very fast. Absolutely no clumps whatsoever, and it's a good black that doesn't go ashy or gray-ish. But if volume is what you want, this isn't the one. I'm happy with the lengthening effect. No flaking either. A good basic everyday lengthening mascara.

on 2/16/2007 8:59:00 AM

This was an ok product.A little pricey, at about 14euros. There was a problem with it smudging under my eyes. The brush was also a little stubby making it hard to get to all my lashes. It was a nice inky black colour though. I dropped it down the toilet...i wasnt too upset & didnt re-purchase it.

on 12/28/2006 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually kind of liked this...I have a problem with mascara smudging and ending up below my eye...but this one stays put. Not terribly thickening or anything, but I still like it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This mascara SUCKS!! First of all you have to apply and re-apply like 3 or 4 times for it to even show. It seems like there's no mascara in the tube at all. I hate this mascara, I have avon and covergirl mascara's that put this to shame. I will never buy hard candy mascara again.

on 2/2/2006 3:45:00 PM

I must say the name of this mascara is misleading. Lash freak? no there is nothing surprising about this product. does not volumize, does not lengthen. I don't know what it does, really. The only possible pro is that you can actually put on multiple layers and it won't cake.

on 1/25/2006 11:26:00 AM

It's okay, nothing really special. My lashes are just average, average length and thickness, and this didn't really do much. I like it, but it just doesn't have enough of an effect for me to repurchase it. Reasonable price and good packaging, though.

on 7/24/2005 11:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have oily lids and live in a humid environment and this neither smudged nor flaked. Its formula is thinner than that of L'oreal Voluminous and it gives more length than volume. I apply this before curling my lashes and it does hold the curl very well. The brush isn't that impressive though. It's advertised as being "extra-fuzzy," but it's fairly ordinary. It tends to collect mascara clumps at the tip and it's also considerably shorter than my other mascara wands. I usually stick to drugstore mascaras, but I thought this was reasonably priced at $11 from Sephora. Overall I am pleased with this product and would purchase it again. continued >>

on 7/15/2005 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am surprised I like this! Gives length with minimal clumping and is nice and inky black. It also doesn't shed fibers into my eyes and make them itch like I find with SO many other mascaras.

It's an ok mascara. Not one of my favs, but wasn't expensive so thats good. It takes a couple coats to work.