July 31, 2014 | 1658 users online

Fragrances - Jo Malone - Nutmeg and Ginger

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by ninanina

Industrial is the first thing that comes to mind when I smell this on me...then bug spray...then I have no idea because of the headache it caused me. Jo Malone is over rated in my book. Anything, to be honest, I've smelled of her's is blech...as if someone didn't take the time to 'round out' the entire scent. It's interesting to me that some high end brands, Tom Ford, Creed seem to just put out a combination of 'stuff' throw names on them thinking they will appeal to men and women and there's really nothing there to back it up. I doubt Malone will be around as long as say Chanel or Dior.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by leejeanne01

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm devoted to Jo Malone products and this is one of my absolute scents. I have the body lotion and cologne. As with other scents in the line, this layers brilliantly. One reviewer says it feels "unfinished". Hmmm, maybe that's what I love about this and other Jo Malone scents. To me they are fresh and clean and clear. I cannot stand scents that are heavy and cloying and, to me, even the "darkest" Jo Malone fragrances are not cloying.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Englishrose77

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A gorgeous, clean , fresh spicy fragrance that has become completely addictive for me. I LOVE it.I'm a big Jo Malone fan, and over the past 12 years I've spent a small fortune on these sophisticated, elegant and classy fragrances. Red Roses is my favorite , and signature fragrance; I also love and wear Nectarine Blossom and Honey, Wild Bluebell, Grapefruit, Verbenas of Provence (now discontinued) and English Pear and Freesia. The bath oil is incredible. It foams and leaves a delicious fragrance wafting over me in the tub, and leaves my skin like silk. And doesn't leave any oily ring or residue. I also have it in Red Roses, and I love these products. They are absolutely worth every penny. I love treating myself to a soak in a warm bath enveloped in this lovely fragrance after a long day. For me, it's heaven on a plate. I can't live without it ! I layer it Nutmeg and Ginger with my other Jo Malone colognes and it makes me swoon. It's so delicious and yummy I can't stop smelling my wrists at work. Love, love LOVE it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 6:28:00 AM More reviews by jenjen8000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this scent, perfect for autumn. Citrusy at first giving freshness then warm and comforting with nutmeg, cinnamon, cedarwood and vertiver all being relaxing and calming. This lasts better than blackberry and bay on me (my other fave but it literally wears off in 10 mins), a few hours maybe but would be giving it 5 stars if it lasted a whole night out. I think the 30ml is a tad expensive but the 100ml good value compared to other 'designer' perfumes but the use of natural oils for me means JM perfumes are far superior in quality and give a natural, non-synthetic smell. Will definitely keep re-purchasing though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by lmande

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great scent - especially for fall. It's warm and comforting. I found that if you mix this with a little of the Sweet Milk, it's almost like a chai tea fragrance. Yummy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Jstar2009

I LOVE this! This is without doubt my favourite JM scent (thus far). It's clean, its comforting, its warm- its just what I want. I would even buy this as a bath oil! I love it that much. I like Vanilla Anise and Pomegranate Noir but not for everyday use. I like to have them at hand so I can use them when the mood takes me, but Nutmeg and Ginger is HG for everyday use. Going through all the JM colognes would be exhausting so if you want to select a few to sample, choose this (and the other two!)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Many times on the fragrance board people ask for a clean smelling scent that reminds one of fresh laundry or like -- well this is it! It's clean smelling -- unisex and reminds me of Costes with a simplier vibe. Costes is more of a fuller scent and is better crafted. Nutmeg & Ginger seems unfinished and rough around the edges. Tonight after dinner, my husband asked if I had used some carpet shampoo today (we use Resolve brand). I hadn't been cleaning any carpets today and thought it was a rather odd quesiton. As we sat here tonight talking -- it dawned on me!! Of course it's my perfume that smells like carpet shampoo --- silly me. He sniffed my wrist and concurred that's the scent of "Resolve'. Which by the way -- we like the way Resolve works and smells, but not neither of use want to use it as personal scent.

Also as other reviews have mentioned this burns -- tingles on the skin. So be warned if you are sensitive.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Beck666

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hard to say if I liked it or not since the smell lasted all of 15 minutes on me. Waste. Of. Money.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by 1fabulousgal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like Nutmeg and Ginger. It is one of my favorite Jo Malone scents, in fact. Another reviewer said that it smells like Origins Ginger Essence. I disagree, and I have them both. I much prefer the Nutmeg and Ginger. It has a warmer quality, and, on me, dries down to a lovely skin scent (the Origins is more citrusy). I get lots of compliments on it -- from people of all ages. It can have a sharpness to it going on, but, like I said, dries down beautifully. It has an unexpected subtlety to it. The only drawback is that it doesn't have much staying power. Otherwise, I just love it. Oh, and as for what mixes well with it, I would suggest Verbenas of Provence or Orange Blossom. Especially Verbenas of Provence, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by fleurazur

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my view this scent is too sharp to wear alone. I wonder what Jo Maloners mix it with?