August 22, 2014 | 1976 users online

Moisturizers - Bobbi Brown - Extra SPF 25 Moisturizing Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Jadefa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This moisturiser is my HG of all moisturisers. It's expensive, but worth it. The first thing you will notice is a woody smell to the moisturiser,but I love it. This is great for dry skin and contains essential ingredients in which your skin will benefit from: peptides, aloe Vera, Shea butter...etc. it's very think in consistency and when applied? Not only does your face smell great but I could feel the hydration on my face. My face felt Dewey and radiant and gives me a nice healthy glow throughout the day. This extra range is my HG. I don't use this daily, as it's expensive, but every 2/3 days I use this. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product can be hydrating and repairing but not for me. It smells like pine sol, very herbal. It is heavy and rich but soreads easily. I found it very hard to rinse or wash off, because it left a film behind, which clogged my pores and made me break out. Thank goodness I washed it off right away. The fragrance may irritate very sensitive skin. The packaging is glass which is heavy and breakable. Not good if you want to take it with you when you travel. I was lucky to ask for a sample before purchasing this product. I recommend you to try it before you buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by brookeh2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this product is a life saver!!! , i have extremely dry skin on my face due to dermatitis. i recieved a sample of this and was amazed at how well it worked, it soothed my red skin and settled the flakies all over my cheeks and forehead. the smell of this moisturizer is quite pleasant and i cant smell any sunscreen. i wouldnt say it is overly greasy but it might be for some people who dont have dry skin, its not a big deal though as i find it soaks in reasonably quickly for my skin.

although the price is a con i will definitely be buying this in a full size as soon as i can, i feel this product is going to be something i cant live without and i will buy it over and over again.another con as far as ive seen would be the packaging as it is in a jar, it would be much easier to use if it was in a pump or tube for example but this doesnt worry me too much.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by libellunegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

you want to look older ? well this balm is what you need !! I was so disappointed because it makes my wrinkles more visible !! but my skin better really strange isnt' it ? FOR 100 euros (i m french) it s just unbelievable !!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Vittoriak

Pros:
Has SPF 25 - pretty high for a day cream
No sunscreen smell - actually smells really great
Good for dry skin

Cons:
Feels a bit oily, even for combo skin on the dry side, not good for applying makeup afterwards
Too expensive - just not a justified price for a non-miracle product

Hum, I don't think I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by de2isme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this one in a sample and used it twice already. I love it. my skin has been very dry lately and I need to change my moisturizer. I applied this bobbi brown moisturizer now and then, and it really moistens my skin. my skin looks glowing and the application of my make up is better. I also love the fact that it comes with SPF. however, I do notice that the smell is quite pungent. it is quite pricey, and I am not sure if I am going to buy it or not with my financial condition at this moment o.O (poor student). but if I have money, I think I'll give it a shot.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by PJBX

I love BB products, and the SPF 25 and peptides in this product piqued my interest. Ive been using this as a night cream and a base under skin foundation daily for 1 week. My pros thus far: my skin definitely feels softer and dewy, It absorbs quickly and leaves skin moist but never greasy.I feel great about being compliant with essential sun protection.
Cons: I do not like the strong, chemical-type scent,( maybe thats from the sunscreen? ) For the price, I wish it had a jar design like K Somerville tissue repair, which dispenses measured doses of product cleanly, instead of dipping fingers in jar for every use. I will definitely use the rest of this jar- too expensive to waste!.
I do prefer BB gel cream moisturizer for daytime. Cheaper, Its very light, mild scent, greasless, but unfortunately has no sunsreen protection or peptides.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Suszie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So I'm aged 42 and my skin does become dryer over the years which means I do need a good moisturiser for dry skin. This one is great - but not really for people with oily skins, I can see that you need dry or more mature skin to appreciate it. I can leave an oily film, which is fine for night-time but perhaps not so good during the day.
However, I find it has really made a difference during the day to my foundation application. My foundation is MAC Pro Longwear and although I love it, it's a pig to wear if you have dry skin. so this moisturiser is ideal to use as a base - it leaves my skin dewy even with this longwear foundation, even though I have dry skin.
If you have more mature skin which is dry, this is great as overnight cream and as a foundation base (MUA tells me it contains a primer). During the day, on bare skin, you may find it looks too greasy. I guess it depends on how dry your skin is.
I don't mind the open jar container as I always have clean hands and fingers to apply it, so I'm not concerned about the hygene aspect.
Downside - price. It is extremely expensive. However, you only need a blob of it for the whole face. I'll work through the jar and see how long it ends up lasting me. Hopefully it will last me a few months and then I can justify the cost

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by gunnl

I have been using this face cream for years and have received compliments on my skin. The SPF 25 acts to protect, and the cream just melts into my face. I love it! I have gotten both my daughters and granddaughters to use it. This product is indeed expensive, but aren't we worth it?

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this in a recent Bobbi Brown order and after trying it one time I went and ordered the full size. It is fabulous and has made such a difference in my skin and makeup application! My skin has been so dry and this deeply moisturizes without making my skin greasy unlike alot of the other cremes I've tried (I'm talking about you Avon anew!). I will admit that it almost killed me to pay $88 for a skin creme though and I've never paid over $15 for one before so you know I love it to pay what I did. It's pricey but I love it and will repurchase if I can scrape up the extra $$$ when I run out.