April 16, 2014 | 979 users online

Scrubs - Decleor - Phytopeel

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by FlavioR

Ugh, this feels like glue to the skin. It's so sticky and hard to get off. Also, I don't notice any difference whatsoever on my skin. There are much better products out there. I do not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by MeerkatBz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Decleor is expensive if you buy from salons. If you buy online, there are several websites (at least in Europe, UK in particular), which offer deep discounts. I paid abotu GBP 16 for mine. If you consider how tiny the tube is, that quite a lot, but it's still better than Lancome or even Clinique (I live in a ridiculously expensive country where Clinique costs as much as the more expensive Brands in the US, like YSL, Chanel, etc.)
Anyway, you really don't need much of it, so the tube will last a bit. I've used mine 5 times and I am very happy with the results. It got rid of the flaky patches of dry skin, did not irritate my currently raging rosacea acne, and improved the appearance of my pores. They are still there, but nowhere near the size as they were a month ago.
It's super easy to use, you put it on, wait 2-3 minutes until the paste is dry and you rub it off. I have sensitve, combination skin, acne prone and with rosacea, and this peel, although seems rough to get it off, is doing wonders for my face. The real wonder is the Decleor balm Rose D'orient, but i'll review that separately.
Despite the fact that this does cost a bit, I will definitely repurchase, and based on my two Decleor products, I will look for more products from them.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was on a mission to find an exfoliator without beads and there's no Dermalogica in my country so I decided to try this one. And I can't say it's worth the money. It is messy to take it off and I don't think that rubbing my skin to get this stuff off is better than scrubbing it gently with some other exfoliator. Plus the results aren't great, my skin don't look or feel much better after this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by pinimon162

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I was on the search for a good exfoliator, I exfoliate around once a week but I'm very conscious of scrubs being harsh for my sensitive skin. I wanted something that got rid of dead skin to make makeup application smoother, and to prevent clogged pores. I had never heard of a 'gommage exfoliante' or any sort of exfoliator like phytopeel before seeing it on the Decleor website and becoming intrigued. It is quite expensive at �27.50, but at this stage I'm willing to pay more for skincare if it will help my skin.

It is kind of strange to convey how it works, but basically it's a lovely herbally-smelling cream which you apply to your face as you would a face mask. It says leave to dry slightly, but I find leaving it to dry a bit more than this produces better results. Then you rub it off with circular motions, and as you do so it peels off. A few reviews I've seen say this is dead skin coming off - trust me it is not! No doubt there is dead skin being removed, but the many rolls that come off your face are mostly product. It feels fantastic - much less irritating than any scrub exfoliator, and really makes your skin feel new and refreshed.

My skin looks a lot brighter after use, but it does slightly dry out the skin so I would recommend following with a moisturiser.
I would definitely recommend this product.

UPDATE (June 2013) - I'm still loving this product and have actually just used it. Seeing how lovely my skin looked afterwards made me want to come and update that this does give consistent results over a long period of time.

I actually stopped using this for a couple of months last Winter, and as a result my skin got clogged and my forehead got spots. I introduced it back into my regime (no idea why I stopped in the first place, honestly) - and my clogged pores are diminished, I have NO active spots on my forehead or around my nose. My skin looks clearer and brighter.
I still have breakouts around my chin around TTOTM which are hormonal - this does not prevent them, but it DOES prevent and has cured spots on the rest of my t-zone which are the result of clogged pores rather than hormones.

This is a true hero product and I just bought a backup. Really wish it wasn't so expensive for me, but the fact you have to use a thin layer (it doesn't work otherwise) means it lasts me a good 4-6 months using it twice weekly. For this, and the effect it has, I can justify the price and will be repurchasing for the foreseeable future. Don't ever change this please, Decleor!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 9:44:00 AM More reviews by andreacaracortada

all I am saying with this one is try the instructions very well before you buy. i would recommend reading the other make up alley reviews on how to use it as it is not the typical exfoliation cream. it doesn't contain any beads. It is just a thick shimmery cream that you apply on dry skin and then before it dries you massage. You remove it using cotton pads and lotion. Not water.

I can't say I am head over heels with this product. The method of use is kind of confusing and I would say this is its downside. Then because I don't know how to use it properly, I can't see any results. I would stick to my korres thyme and honey scrub. Much cheaper and more straightforward.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Thsis is a nice peel. I bought this product a couple of years ago in a giftset. I usually use the Philosophy peel, but this is good when I am in a hurry and need quick exfoliation. It does what it is supposed to do and it is easy to use. It's a little mesys to collect all of the fallen off particles after use, but I still like it. You can actually see the results as the flakes fall off. I am a DDD so I can tell when it is working. I have never used a peel like this before. It's different and effetcive.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by tanyaroshan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried a tester version of the phytopeel, I have acne prone skin & feels it works wonders. My skin does look great but the results only last a few days and you have to continue to treat & look after your skin as usual to maintain effects. Only to be used once a week. I would buy again but it's not an everyday product & I don't know if it would be good to use it long term- need to research that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by mrsmalfoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I've had some pretty good result with this product, so I thought I'd share. It's a shimmery white cream. I usually use it on a clean, dry face. I spread a thick layer on all over my face and neck and wait around ten minutes for it to dry slightly.

I remove it by rubbing with just the pads of my fingertips in small circles. I'm quite careful not to rub harshly and I find that makes a big difference. If you claw at your face, then everything will be too harsh, surely. If there's any excess scrub on the face, I take it off with a toner. Used like this, I find it's an excellent mild exfoliant. It leaves my skin very soft and the creams and serums absorb that much faster. I would and have repurchased.

Note: once in a very, very long while, I will use this as an exfoliant for the eye area. This is NOT a recommended use by Decleor, just something I choose to do. I apply a very thing layer to the whole eye area, let it dry for 30 seconds, then very VERY gently rubbing it off following the shape of the eye contours. I find it really brightens up the area and helps with any milia or uneven texture. Again, not a recommended use, try at your own risk.

My routine:
Morning: Decleor Cleansing milk or Decleor Foaming Cleanser; Decleor Tonifying Lotion; Decleor Neroli oil; Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum; Decleor Prolagene gel; Decleor Harmonie Gentle Soothing Cream; Decleor Sunblock; Phytomer anti-dark circle eye cream

Night: Eve Lom cleanser; Decleor Tonifying Lotion; Decleor Ylang Ylang oil; Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum; Decleor Prolagene gel; Decleor Ylang Ylang Night Balm; Decleor Aroma Night cream; Phytomer anti-dark circle eye cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Mine is a salon size. I've been using Phytopeel 4 times so far, rub it off with some warm water when it's half-dry, instead of fully dry. To me, it's not messy to use, very gentle but effective to remove dead skin, leave the skin very clean and velvety after use, does not irritate my skin. Safer than Elemis Tri-enzyme facial wash in my opinions.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by CAZUAE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Have the full range of Decleor products from cleanser to the very expensive Excellence de l'age Divine Regenerating Mask and am impressed overall with the results... smaller pores, clearer/fresher looking skin all over, more comfortable. My skin looks better than it has in a long time... HOWEVER the exception is the Phytopeel.

It is incredibly messy and I can't believe that rubbing your skin to get this stuff off (even though I hold my skin as I am rubbing as instructed to do) is good for it. I have used it several times now just because it was so damn expensive (for the size) but am going to give it away and try out the Dermalogica Thermofoliant which has had brilliant reviews on MUA... Perhaps it exfoliates well but it's not worth the effort in my opinion.

On the other hand the Divine Regenerating Mask from the Decleor Excellence range is FAB!