Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector

4.5

Polyethylene wax Volatile silicone oils Hydrophobic treated, concentrated pigments Plastic polymer with adhesive properties

on 2/27/2015 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

#40 is the darkest, but it has no brown or red at all so it matches my eyebrows. Even though I'm blond it looks the best. Obviously I keep it as light as possible. It lasts allllll day and night on and will last a long time product wise considering the amount I need. I use it to fill in primarily. It makes my eyebrows look "professionally" done.

on 1/2/2015 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This one become an instant favourite from the first use, looks more natural than pencil and lasts longer than powder.
At first I cringed a bit because of the price (22 euros) but you get 7ml, only a tiny amount is need and overall it's certainly worth it.
I have dark blonde hair and light blonde brows so I bought No10 and it fits perfectly. I apply it with the H&M slanted brush and works nicely but will most likely invest to MAC 208 for more precision.
Applies evenly, looks soft and natural while it lasts all day, highly recommended.

on 12/6/2014 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great brow product. Recently, I discovered the Anastasia Dip Brow and I can't use anything else now. I will not repurchase.

on 12/5/2014 5:23:00 PM

I won't need to purchase because the sample from Sephora will last forever as you only need an Itty bitty amount! Didn't look fake or unnatural. My brows are thin and i have a lot of skin that needs to be covered so my brows can look thick....AND this stuff looks natural!! Love it!

on 11/28/2014 6:20:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product is amazing. My brows look soo natural! Love it, can't live without it anymore!

on 11/5/2014 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This product gives me a lot of headache. First of all, you need to figure out what brush to use without your eyebrows look like painted on. Secondly, you only need a tiny drop for both your eyebrows but trying to squeeze this too takes a lot of time. Every time I tried to squeeze the tube a lot of water will flow out before I could get that tiny drop of product. So all in all this is not worth the effort and money to splurge on.

on 10/20/2014 9:17:00 PM

Like many others, I was concerned that this product would make my eyebrows look harsh and strange. I have light skin and dark hair, but my eyebrows are more of a grayish taupe since the hairs are quite fine. I've been using taupey-gray brow pencils from various brands (Paul & Joe, Laura Mercier, Chanel, Maybelline) for years to fill in my eyebrows. They did the job, but they didn't last as long as I wanted, especially on humid days or overnight.

So after reading a bunch of reviews about this product and other gel brow fillers, I ordered this in 35 Taupe. I was initially going to get 25 Ash, but a Sephora review warned that 25 is actually too warm-toned for anyone with black or cool-toned hair and recommended 35 instead. I later swatched 25 in a store and saw that she was totally right--it is warm brown rather than ash.

So I am happy to report that 35 is the perfect color if you're seeking a cool, ashy, not-black, but not-brown, dark taupe. I use a very small amount (a pin dot of product) for both eyebrows. I squeeze out a bit and work it into my brush's (MAC 208) bristles until the product is drier. I outline my brows, concentrating most of the color on the outer third, and then sweep the brush through (without reloading the brush) to fill in. I'll then use a spoolie to blend out any lines.

Result: softly defined, full brows that look entirely natural. I even compared this to my old go-to Paul & Joe brow pencil and was surprised to see that the pencil looked more obvious and harsher than the brow gel. If you want to, you can build the product up for a more dramatic look. I really like the versatility.

Once I got the hang of it, application doesn't take me any longer than using a pencil did. In fact, it's a little faster because the brow brush is a lot more precise than any pencil.

This product is indeed waterproof (normal cleanser won't get it all off) and will survive a normal amount of face touching, etc. But it won't stay on if you're prone to touching your face a lot--the oils from your hands and the friction will eventually cause the color to fade.

The packaging is perfect. It comes in a plastic squeeze tube with a needlenose tip and a screw-on cap. No wasted product and no excess packaging. I think the price is fair. The tube seems tiny at first, but starts seeming very generous after you actually experience the product. I expect it'll take me years to use my tube up.

on 9/22/2014 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Is the best eyebrow pencil/gel what ever I have used so far! Love this, so natural, and good colors!

on 9/20/2014 7:50:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Amazing. I have the dior universal pencil, kanebo sensai, hourglass pencil, benefit, Clinique pencil... This cream beats them all. I have the taupe and I am pale, beige undertones, with light brown hair. Sparse eyebrows, uneven. I got their brush too, and while it takes some effort to apply, it wears like iron and it looks so good. Love it.

on 8/19/2014 4:31:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

MY HG brow product. A little difficult to get used to - it really is like painting your brows on! - but if your brows need filling in, this really does the trick. I'm quite fair with medium/dark blonde hair and particularly fair brows, and I have it in the color 10 which is a light taupe. It's the ideal shade for everyday for me. I'm thinking of buying a second tube in a darker colour for days when I want a stronger brow look, and nights out.

I was drawn to this product as I spend a lot of time trying to 'correct' my brows - one is slightly thicker than the other and my arches are very high. I can subtly even them out and reshape them by applying it strategically. It lasts really well and surprisingly looks natural. I always squeeze a little blob on the back of my hand, then I apply it with the slanted brow brush from my Real Techniques kit, simply brushing it through my brow and adding a bit of extra product where I want to thicken my brow shape. The brush I use is quite a thick, bristly and stiff slanted brush compared to most brow brushes which tend to be quite fine, and I find it makes the application a bit quicker/less precise. You can get really beautiful, precise results with the usual delicate brow brushes eg the MAC 266 but I don't have the energy for this in the morning so most days I prefer to slap it on with my Real Techniques brush!

I buy this from my local MUA shop and find the price reasonable, particularly as my favourite brow product before discovering this was Kevyn Aucoin's, which kept breaking. I like using the Laura Mercier brow pencil, but pencils also get used up really quickly with all the sharpening. I feel confident that this is going to last for ages - I have been using it every day for a couple of months and the tube feels as full as ever! I will certainly repurchase when I eventually run out.

Popular Brows Products